What does goat mean...

Its can mean two different things.
A - Greatest of all time taking into account career accomplishments, accolades, longetivity, duration of dominance , opponents beaten , etc
B - Greatest of all time at one particular point in time.

For instance , if I'm going by Definition A, I'd go with GSP.
But if I'm going by definition B, I lean towards Anderson Silva because Prime Silva was in my opinion the peak of a MMA fighters ability.

Make sense?

Its can mean two different things.
A - Greatest of all time taking into account career accomplishments, accolades, longetivity, duration of dominance , opponents beaten , etc
B - Greatest of all time at one particular point in time.

For instance , if I'm going by Definition A, I'd go with GSP.
But if I'm going by definition B, I lean towards Anderson Silva because Prime Silva was in my opinion the peak of a MMA fighters ability.

Make sense?

"of all time at one particular point in time". Seriously? :)

No, but you seem new.

As far as I’m concerned, anyone who values winning 10-9 rounds under the Unified Rules is an uneducated noob.

Finishing is the goal and was the goal at UFC 1.

1 finish > 10 decisions full of point scoring BS 10-9 rounds

Not even close. He used steroids to be at past prime names to build his. Fights smaller men. Cokehead..hit n run..hides under cage...the guy is trash. But you obv love his balls your mouth.

If you were actually smart enough I'd debate it with you, but...

To me it means the best fighter ever, not the pound for pound best fighter ever.

Steroids usage, longevity, weight class, and difficulty of opponents are things I consider.

Fedor ruled the HW division, when it was full of monsters, for a decade.

Nobody has come close to what he's accomplished.

"of all time at one particular point in time". Seriously? :)
It's confusing at first but it makes sense. It's kinda like saying GSP was the goat in terms of overall career. Anderson was the goat in terms of his peak being the highest level of skill a fighter has reached at any point in time.

How about am alternative ....

GOAT = Gangster Original Actually True

Truthfully, nobody really knows what it means. It was brought up long ago and everyone has just been running with it since. People get in heated debates over it just to ward off any suspicion that they dont know what it means.

We all use the term on a daily basis on sherdog because nobody wants to be the guy who doesn't know what "goat" means. It's been a vicious cycle. so I say thank you TS, for admitting that you dont know and shattering the status quo so we can all once more live free, I daresay TS is the goat.

<GinJuice>

Greatest of all time. Does that mean prime goat could beat anyone? Yes. Those that think gsp is goat dont acknowledge this. He might be goat ww, but he doesnt beat higher weight classes. So those fans are assimilating goat with p4p, which is a way to count the little guys. Its so obv fedor is goat. Millennials are retarded tho. Thats what happens when a kindle raises your kids.

The logic that only the best HW can be the best of all time is silly. The HWs division on average is complete garbage and they could only beat smaller fighters with far superior skill because of their size difference.

Using your terribly flawed logic, Cheick Kongo is greater all time than GSP because GSP couldn't beat him in a fight, even though one is a legend and the other is an afterthought.

You do a ton of people consider Sugar Ray Robinson the greatest boxer of all time, right? You know he isn't a HW?

You realize people who had this thought process were long before "millennials" right? It sounds like "Millennials" are the only ones that share this train of thought you have.

Back