What does getting choked out feel like???

I got choked out with a gi choke (blood choke) and it was kind of crazy. I thought I was at home in bed or something and I was dreaming. I woke up hearing someone yell he got choked the fuck out. People said I was out for 20 to 30 seconds. Those fuckers don't know how to wake people up.

Yeebee and Q are wrong. You are correct: allowing yourself to get choked unconscious rather than tapping out is not a good idea. A friend of mine from Leo Dalla's told me they used to choke each other out after practice in an attempt to develop that so-called resistance. In actuality, they were damaging their bodies. Being choked out causes a rapid loss of blood pressure to the body. This is a desperate attempt by the body to restore blood flow to your head. carotids, heart, or nervous system. Constantly being choked out in this manner places a lot of stress on your system. It is not healthy and makes is easier to be choked out later.

Yeah, it's not a big deal to do it in competition but it would be retarded to let it happen in training. Hell, I tap out to chokes just so I don't get a bloody nose...

And I kind of love being wind chokes. If it's not so perfect that it's painful it can be amusing to sit in a choke for 30 seconds, knowing that you can hold your breath that long and you can usualy escape in that time.

Once a guy gets deep, I tell him good job, and usually tap prior to the stars. I'm not getting out, and I would rather not have trouble swallowing for a couple days if he's across my adam's apple.

They aren't bad, but very disorienting.

For me, I didn't feel myself go out. Or, I don't remember it. But I remember waking up and feeling like I woke up that morning from bed. Then I saw people around me, staring at me, so I was confused and didn't know what was going on.

It's not bad at all. You get light headed, tunnel-vision, slightly dizzy, tingly and disoriented. While it's happening, everything seems distant, but for me it's very peaceful. The only reason I tap is because I don't want to make my partner feel bad or interrupt my rolling. Wind chokes are pretty much the exact opposite, those I'll tap to as soon as I feel myself gagging.

When i get close to being choked out, i start to see little back spots or stars. Then the blackness begins to close in... I'm tapping like crazy at this point.

When i was new, i was choked out. I remember being caught in a cross collar choke, then i remember waking up and having a mini seizure on the mat. I was awake but i couldn't move and my entire body was shaking. I never ever want to experience that again.

feels_good_man.jpg

Back