What does getting choked out feel like???

If you take a class you can probably ask your instructor to choke you out.

eh its actually not that bad. air chokes take longer, imho feel worse.

Ever fainted? If its a bloodchoke that is put on tight and fast you will more or less just faint, no time to really get panicked or anything.

An airchoke is of course awfull and I would not like to be choked out in that way and have never either.

waking up from a blood choke is very much like waking up from anesthesia.

you dont want to be air choked...

Edit: Yup, you wake up confused. (see next post)

It doesn't feel that bad. You can feel it happening before you actually pass out. You start feeling lightheaded and dizzy very quickly before you pass out so if for some reason your fighting a locked in choke thats basically your last chance to tap. Not painful though.

Edit: As for the waking up confused part, check out this video, you kind of get the feeling shes confused... (Randy choking out some girl at a radio station)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMlGzzWBy10

I youve ever had a Vagal response(google it) then youll have some idea of what it feels like to get choked out.

Wet in the front and messy in the back

A blue film goes across the back of you eyes so everything looks blue, then your sight and consciousness shut down like an old t.v where it has a little white dot in the middle, then you are out.

You wake with a headbuzz for about 10 seconds, then you are totally fine.:icon_lol:

Takes 30 seconds to remember what happened.

I got choked out a few times and didn't rememebr anything that happened, they ahd to tell me and I had a slight headace afterwards.

Q mystic said:
A blue film goes across the back of you eyes so everything looks blue, then your sight and consciousness shut down like an old t.v where it has a little white dot in the middle, then you are out.

You wake with a headbuzz for about 10 seconds, then you are totally fine.:icon_lol:

Takes 30 seconds to remember what happened.

For me it has been just tunnel vision and like a blur coming down like blinds. Me eyes looks like I am a madman/junkie or something afterwards totally red

Someone told me that the more you get choked out the quicker youll get choked out the next time, and there was an explanation behind it that I cant remember. Has anyone else heard this before or know if its true?

I would think it is the other way around

Mackavelli said:
Someone told me that the more you get choked out the quicker youll get choked out the next time, and there was an explanation behind it that I cant remember. Has anyone else heard this before or know if its true?

No. You will actually develop a choke resiliency. Serious. I don't know how it is really explained, but you will learn to fight with it at the club.

Believe me, when at a big comp you will let him choke you out, no problem, in hopes for a 'matte' or in that he will give it up. Well worth it.:D

Just don't let it come close often. Kills your brain.

Ive gotten choked out before, not when training, but just messing around with friends.

It almost feels like your really stoned on pot, at first you dont know what happened, where you are, who you are, and you might have even started to convulse a little bit the moment you wake up. It feels very ... interesting. Not something you want to repeat, but definitely something you want to experiance.

granby_wrestler said:
Ive gotten choked out before, not when training, but just messing around with friends.

It almost feels like your really stoned on pot, at first you dont know what happened, where you are, who you are, and you might have even started to convulse a little bit the moment you wake up. It feels very ... interesting. Not something you want to repeat, but definitely something you want to experiance.

Chicago eh? You tussle with Curran yet?

Mackavelli said:

Yeebee and Q are wrong. You are correct: allowing yourself to get choked unconscious rather than tapping out is not a good idea. A friend of mine from Leo Dalla's told me they used to choke each other out after practice in an attempt to develop that so-called resistance. In actuality, they were damaging their bodies. Being choked out causes a rapid loss of blood pressure to the body. This is a desperate attempt by the body to restore blood flow to your head. carotids, heart, or nervous system. Constantly being choked out in this manner places a lot of stress on your system. It is not healthy and makes is easier to be choked out later.

Back