What does a right red arrow traffic signal mean to you?

I would probably assume it means no right/left turn until it turns green? I've driven all over north america and haven't seen that as far as I know. Who the fuck has red arrows?

I turned left on the left hand red the other day. One way to a one way. I'm safe as shit, bitches.

I would probably assume it means no right/left turn until it turns green? I've driven all over north america and haven't seen that as far as I know. Who the fuck has red arrows?

We have left turn green yellow and red arrows and I just assumed that you can't turn on the red arrow.

Check your statutes. It means different things in different states.

It means look all ways for a cop, check if theres a camera and if alls clear, cut your way into traffic with a smug look on your face as the suckers honk and flip you off

Is the right red arrow flashing? Flashing means you must come to a full stop before turning, solid red means no turn.

Nope, solid red. That’s why this is so confusing IMO. There is no legal difference between the right red arrow and a red light. One would presume that it would mean don’t turn, as would a left red arrow, but the two red arrows mean different things depending on how they are pointing. All it does is serve to confuse drivers.

i'm assuming it's a "T" intersection and you can only go left or right, not straight? That's the only way that makes any kind of sense, but still if you can turn right on red after coming to a complete stop it would make more sense to just use a solid red.

Down here you'll have two or three signs that say "no right turn on red" a red arrow on the light and people still blow through it and god help you if you're one of those poor ignorant assholes (like me) that actually stop and don't turn until the light turns green, because you'll have a symphony of horns blaring behind you until you finally move. Also despite what the traffic laws state, in Florida flashing red lights mean just go REALLY slow through the intersection and you don't have to maintain any minimum speed limit on the highway as long as your hazard lights are on, this is especially true when it's raining.

Red Arrow means Native American, Yerrow Arrow means Asian. I failed my first driver's test.

Check your statutes. It means different things in different states.

That doesn't seem like a good idea. it would be like having green mean stop and red mean go. They have flashing yellow arrows here which means that you don't have the right of way but you can turn if there is an opening.

I remember many years ago when the lights would change to flashing yellow on the busier street and flashing red on the cross streets after a certain time of day. Many intersections are only busy at certain times of the day.

i'm assuming it's a "T" intersection and you can only go left or right, not straight? That's the only way that makes any kind of sense, but still if you can turn right on red after coming to a complete stop it would make more sense to just use a solid red.

Down here you'll have two or three signs that say "no right turn on red" a red arrow on the light and people still blow through it and god help you if you're one of those poor ignorant assholes (like me) that actually stop and don't turn until the light turns green, because you'll have a symphony of horns blaring behind you until you finally move. Also despite what the traffic laws state, in Florida flashing red lights mean just go REALLY slow through the intersection and you don't have to maintain any minimum speed limit on the highway as long as your hazard lights are on, this is especially true when it's raining.

So many don't seem to know that they have to stop before making a right turn on red.

Laval%20STL%20candlestick%20lights.jpg

This one freaked me out because there was no notice. Nobody knew what the hell they were.

In MO it would just mean the same as any red light, as "no right turn" has to be posted on a sign.

But I did see something interesting. Bicycles and motorcycles are allowed to go through red lights that last too long (technically not, but it's accepted as a defense to a ticket), but cars are not.

Thinking about local laws, the city I live near passed a law that you have to stop when the light turns yellow. I think the state law over rides the local one. Many years ago, before they passed the local law, an officer pulled me over for failing to stop for a yellow light. I told him he would need to cite the law on that and he couldn't find one.

In MO it would just mean the same as any red light, as "no right turn" has to be posted on a sign.

But I did see something interesting. Bicycles and motorcycles are allowed to go through red lights that last too long (technically not, but it's accepted as a defense to a ticket), but cars are not.

Some light have a loop in the pavement that senses metal in the area so the light doesn't change or a left turn light woun't work unless there is a vehicle in the lane. They don't always detect bicycles and motorcycles.

Laval%20STL%20candlestick%20lights.jpg

This one freaked me out because there was no notice. Nobody knew what the hell they were.

I haven't seen horizontal lights around here. Everything is vertical with red at the top and green at the bottom and turn signals below. Colorblind people can't always tell which is which on horizontal lights. Especially if there are more than 3. Red is usually on the left and green on the right.

With LED lights, it would be easy to put all three colors in one light to cut costs but could be confusing for some people.

I haven't seen horizontal lights around here. Everything is vertical with red at the top and green at the bottom and turn signals below. Colorblind people can't always tell which is which on horizontal lights. Especially if there are more than 3. Red is usually on the left and green on the right.

With LED lights, it would be easy to put all three colors in one light to cut costs but could be confusing for some people.

It's the bar on the far left that confused people.

Back