What do you think of this hiring method

https://www.indy100.com/article/int...agement-new-york-times-study-research-7684301

"People who have studied personnel psychology have known this for years, he argues. For example, in 1979, when the University of Texas Medical School was ordered to increase its incoming class size it admitted more than 50 students who had previously been rejected at interview stage. These students subsequently did just as well as their classmates in terms of academic performance, clinical performance and honours earned."

I have plenty more studies supporting this
I've researched it for years. come at me

Thats study is not based on a job though, its a class setting

https://www.indy100.com/article/int...agement-new-york-times-study-research-7684301

"People who have studied personnel psychology have known this for years, he argues. For example, in 1979, when the University of Texas Medical School was ordered to increase its incoming class size it admitted more than 50 students who had previously been rejected at interview stage. These students subsequently did just as well as their classmates in terms of academic performance, clinical performance and honours earned."

I have plenty more studies supporting this
I've researched it for years. come at me

did you read the quote I made that you posted? also go back and read my edit I added after you read my post.

That article is discussing unstructured interviews and the artcile they link suggests unifying the questions so all candidates have to answer the same questions
"Dana recommends asking every candidate the exact same list of questions to ensure your decision is as qualitative as possible. Ask strategic questions designed to reveal the candidate's true character. Web-hosting service Weebly even goes so far as to invite candidates to work a trial week before making an official offer."

Again, are you going to ignore their linkedin profile pictures -- how are you going to verify they speak the language you want? How are you going to verify they don't have panic attacks when asked questions in person?
lol youre looking at extreme examples. panic attacks? lol stop. they can put that on their application. they can put their language on their application. being multilingual is a skill that is resume-worthy

"

People who have studied personnel psychology have known this for years, he argues. For example, in 1979, when the University of Texas Medical School was ordered to increase its incoming class size it admitted more than 50 students who had previously been rejected at interview stage. These students subsequently did just as well as their classmates in terms of academic performance, clinical performance and honours earned.

In other words the judgement of the interviewers would seem to have no role in discerning the most able applicants."

If you run a business and choose to hire with this method, then good on you, but as others have mentioned, not meeting face to face has its serious flaws.

If you run a business and choose to hire with this method, then good on you, but as others have mentioned, not meeting face to face has its serious flaws.
not really. ever outsourced to India? just as good if not better than hiring a programmer that you know on a face-to face basis

lol youre looking at extreme examples. panic attacks? lol stop. they can put that on their application. they can put their language on their application. being multilingual is a skill that is resume-worthy

I can hire someone or use a online translator to write in any language that is required on my resume -- how do you prove it without a face to face? I can say confident speaker in my resume, how can i prove it without the interview?

"

People who have studied personnel psychology have known this for years, he argues. For example, in 1979, when the University of Texas Medical School was ordered to increase its incoming class size it admitted more than 50 students who had previously been rejected at interview stage. These students subsequently did just as well as their classmates in terms of academic performance, clinical performance and honours earned.

In other words the judgement of the interviewers would seem to have no role in discerning the most able applicants."

I agree that the interview shouldnt be the sole factor -- but it does give insight to employers that a blind resume does not. Namely verifying things mentioned on a resume and appearance matters.

not really. ever outsourced to India? just as good if not better than hiring a programmer that you know on a face-to face basis

Many jobs aren't quite as simple as hiring a web based programmer.

I can hire someone or use a online translator to write in any language that is required on my resume -- how do you prove it without a face to face? I can say confident speaker in my resume, how can i prove it without the interview?

"

I agree that the interview shouldnt be the sole factor -- but it does give insight to employers that a blind resume does not. Namely verifying things mentioned on a resume and appearance matters.
why do I need to see their face to know if they know a language lmao. also were talking about serious office jobs. not a damn translator which is usually an independent contractor

why do I need to see their face to know if they know a language lmao. also were talking about serious office jobs. not a damn translator which is usually an independent contractor

So a phone interview is still an interview -- and where did you specify the job in question?

Also, i meant that i can use translator to write my resume in a language that the job demands - not a translation job-- how can that be verified without an interview

So a phone interview is still an interview -- and where did you specify the job in question?

Also, i meant that i can use translator to write my resume in a language that the job demands - not a translation job-- how can that be verified without an interview
lol wow youre quite a fast reader dude. lol nice try man. just accept it. a job interview says nothing about a potential employee. youre not reading these in a matter of seconds

Hiring someone that doesn't drive you nuts or bother other staff or clients is probably more important than the work they produce.
lol were at this level of cognitive dissonance now?

LOL i asked for a study that goes beyond looking at unstructured interviews and the first line in that study is

For years studies have shown unstructured job interviews are poor predictors of future work performance. New research tells us they’re much worse than that – they actually bias us against more reliable predictors.
read the actual article. all of it. stop nitpicking, bud. your literally denying research

a face to face interview cant say anything about an applicant. its been proven:

You can tell a lot.. is the guy a drug addict, hung over, alcoholic, shy, a creep, crazy, all kinds of shit

The possible problem for the company is you do not have a diverse Workforce.

take for example my company..diversity diversity diversity. I get like 5 emails a day about it.
(I had to create a junk file just for them)

Back