What do you think of this hiring method

90three

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With all this debate over racial discrimination, hiring based on privilege rather than skill, I feel like race should be entirely removed from the hiring process.

proposal:
np job interview, no race addressing.

only submit a name, and the applicant gets assigned a number.

the resume and/or portfolio is reviewed without the applicant's face, name, race, or gender being known to the company reviewing it.

Does this seem fair to you? What might be the flaws in this process?

With all this debate over racial discrimination, hiring based on privilege rather than skill, I feel like race should be entirely removed from the hiring process.

proposal:
np job interview, no race addressing.

only submit a name, and the applicant gets assigned a number.

the resume and/or portfolio is reviewed without the applicant's face, name, race, or gender being known to the company reviewing it.

Does this seem fair to you? What might be the flaws in this process?

Surprise, you hired someone with neck tattoos...

That would be a real issue for strip clubs.
For both the dancer and bouncer positions.

Congratulations, you hired someone with jacked teeth, a stutter and a lazy eye to be your sales rep.

Congratulations, you hired someone with jacked teeth, a stutter and a lazy eye to be your sales rep.
well if his resume says that he has great sales experience with solid references. Then whats the problem?

People should hire who they want. If the decision sucks then business will suffer.

well if his resume says that he has great sales experience with solid references. Then whats the problem?

Because the ability to gauge ones ability to communicate verbally and how they carry themselves in public may be important to some employees -- plus people can lie on resumes.

Surely you can see the flaw in your proposal, right?

Are employers not going to look at LinkedIn profile pictures?

Because the ability to gauge ones ability to communicate verbally and how they carry themselves in public may be important to some employees -- plus people can lie on resumes.

Surely you can see the flaw in your proposal, right?

Are employers not going to look at LinkedIn profile pictures?

The companies doing the hiring do, along with a ton of other qualities that cannot be assessed without an interview.

its been proven that Job interviews are useless and say nothing about the quality of work the person will do. its a useless process
https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillma...cience-proves-job-interviews-are-useless.html

a person being interviewed is just an amateur actor

if they have a solid resumé, and references who vouch for them, then obviously the customers like them

People lie on resumes.

References lie.

Your proposal is a great way to miss out on candidates that can problem solve on the spot, in a stressful situation (like a job interview). That’s a pretty important X factor that a face to face interview can identify.

its been proven that Job interviews are useless and say nothing about the quality of work the person will do. its a useless process
https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillma...cience-proves-job-interviews-are-useless.html

This quote if from the link you posted.

Dana suggests they "structure interviews so that all candidates receive the same questions, a procedure that has been shown to make interviews more reliable and modestly more predictive of job success" or "use interviews to test job-related skills, rather than idly chatting or asking personal questions."

I will say though that I have not done an interview in many years and the did seem like bullshit back then to me.

This quote if from the link you posted.

Dana suggests they "structure interviews so that all candidates receive the same questions, a procedure that has been shown to make interviews more reliable and modestly more predictive of job success" or "use interviews to test job-related skills, rather than idly chatting or asking personal questions."
https://www.indy100.com/article/int...agement-new-york-times-study-research-7684301

"People who have studied personnel psychology have known this for years, he argues. For example, in 1979, when the University of Texas Medical School was ordered to increase its incoming class size it admitted more than 50 students who had previously been rejected at interview stage. These students subsequently did just as well as their classmates in terms of academic performance, clinical performance and honours earned."

I have plenty more studies supporting this
I've researched it for years. come at me

That article is discussing unstructured interviews and the artcile they link suggests unifying the questions so all candidates have to answer the same questions
"Dana recommends asking every candidate the exact same list of questions to ensure your decision is as qualitative as possible. Ask strategic questions designed to reveal the candidate's true character. Web-hosting service Weebly even goes so far as to invite candidates to work a trial week before making an official offer."

Again, are you going to ignore their linkedin profile pictures -- how are you going to verify they speak the language you want? How are you going to verify they don't have panic attacks when asked questions in person?

Back