What do you think of Metallica's 2 new singles?

They'll never recapture the magic they had on their first 4 records.

It sucks when a band peaks right at beginning of their career, makes a legion of fans and then just releases sub-par/crappy material for the rest of their career.

Shit sandwiches.
They've left it all behind.
They could return to greatness if they'd stick with short songs and farm out the lyrics; they're terrible, terrible lyricists.
Shit that sounded cool when you were sixteen no longer sounds cool, it sounds dumb.

Massive Metallica fanboy here. Hardwired was ok, swearing in the chorus was a strange choice and a bit lame imo, good thrashy brainless song though. Moth into Flame was a lot better, had a sense of epicness at times and a lot more thought into it. Not sure what much else they have to offer these days, there's no money in making albums anymore though anyway so it's just a vehicle to get on the road.

You can tell that Hardwired was a bit of a rush job with them deciding late on in the process they wanted a fast song to open the album with.

Listened to Moth Into Flame a lot since it came out.

Atlas Rise is scheduled to be premiered on Halloween

Metallica will never be the same...so far this is decent

I hate Metallica.

Long Live Napster.

th

Thanks for the comments, saved me time and bandwith

I like Moth into Flame. The other 2 are meh.

I like Moth into Flame. The other 2 are meh.

Hardwired is a good, unpretentious thrash song IMO, and Atlas takes some time to grow on you. Very Maiden vibe to it.

HW works even better live:

Last edited:
Compared to Megadeths new album, I think they suck.

Meh with more meh.

meh-tal.

Listened until he started singing. Swiftly stopped. The music is ok but he's simply impossible to listen to at this point. I used to be a big fan. Saw them live twice and they rocked the shit but it's over and has been for some time.

Go home.

ESPN of all people leaked some of the new song Here Comes Revenge in a college football highlight video:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/

Scroll down to 'Ohio State bounces back'.

Sounds like a thrashier version of Black Album meets Load.

Back