What do you think guys think about the "bang muay thai" system?

tommy_gunn

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
What do you guys think about it? In terms of legit high level kickboxing. Everybody I know that trains BMT is an mma fighter, not to mention it got popular basically through mma. Do you think we will see any high level kickboxers come from the BMT system?

Anything with "system" in it sounds like a hustle.

Also, didn't he say on Rogan's podcast he's not really into Muay Thai, but prefers kickboxing? Is this that "modernized Muay Thai" that people are talking about?

Also, didn't he say on Rogan's podcast he's not really into Muay Thai, but prefers kickboxing? Is this that "modernized Muay Thai" that people are talking about?

Pretty much. I remember him being interviewed by dumb and dumber and he said something to the effect that "Dutch muay thai" was his thing because it involved a lot more thinking than "traditional muay thai".

Its cool to see these various attempts at reconciling MT and the MMA environment where takedowns are a constant threat and gloves are smaller. Typically I think of Duke Rufus before Dwane though. He seems to have a better grasp of MT and has produced more top MMA fighters.

Pretty much. I remember him being interviewed by dumb and dumber and he said something to the effect that "Dutch muay thai" was his thing because it involved a lot more thinking than "traditional muay thai".

take your schizo medicine, you are quoting yourself again and again coca.

ontopic: it is clearly working in mma, he can call it whatever he wants if you ask me. all the techniques that are allowed inmuay thai are allowed in mma so i dont see why not.

take your schizo medicine, you are quoting yourself again and again coca.

ontopic: it is clearly working in mma, he can call it whatever he wants if you ask me. all the techniques that are allowed inmuay thai are allowed in mma so i dont see why not.
On
Yeah but i just wonder if it's possible to build a fighter from scratch with the system, as opposed to having fighters with an already established base being the successful ones. I guess only time will tell.

On
Yeah but i just wonder if it's possible to build a fighter from scratch with the system, as opposed to having fighters with an already established base being the successful ones. I guess only time will tell.
what is BMT?

Watered down Muay Thai that is easier for an MMA guy to grasp. But, effective enough to have an impact against the average boxing stylist, within MMA.

On
Styles seem to be a product of their rules and scoring more than anything. Chances are they are going to look like Rory MacDonald, a typical MMA all rounder with a style focused on striking.

Watered down Muay Thai that is easier for an MMA guy to grasp. But, effective enough to have an impact against the average boxing stylist, within MMA.

Idk the clips i've seen of him he seems really into teaching people these long combinations, even to beginners. Seemed needlessly complicated to me. How many of his students can throw a proper roundhouse?

What do you guys think about it? In terms of legit high level kickboxing. Everybody I know that trains BMT is an mma fighter, not to mention it got popular basically through mma. Do you think we will see any high level kickboxers come from the BMT system?

the BMT system is essentially dutch kickboxing, Duane is a high level kickboxer, but mma is where the money is at and whats most popular. I dont see any reason why a high level kickboxer couldnt come from him, but most of his guys are mma. I have 2 friends that train with him, they are both mma as well. One of my coaches is friends with duane and coached him in his younger days.

I personally like his system though I have not practiced it much, I would like to learn it.

This is Bang Ludwig System. Even he doesnt use it. Only one person use his style and is called TJ Dillashaw. It should be called Dillashaw style. Odd combos, not good in muaythai or k-1. Get destroyed like below.
Ludwig has no low kick/ mid kick leg checks. Leave open. for power kickers. they just take it.

It's alright. It's based around unorthodox combinations and switching mid combination. It's not a bad system at all, but truth be told, unless you're training it with Duane himself, I wouldn't say it's worth it. I've seen some of the other people who teach it, and it's not like they're turning out multiple regional champs or anything like that. I'd say its the stand up equivalent of 10th Planet JJ, it's good at the source, but the way it's spread isn't the best.

It's alright. It's based around unorthodox combinations and switching mid combination. It's not a bad system at all, but truth be told, unless you're training it with Duane himself, I wouldn't say it's worth it. I've seen some of the other people who teach it, and it's not like they're turning out multiple regional champs or anything like that. I'd say its the stand up equivalent of 10th Planet JJ, it's good at the source, but the way it's spread isn't the best.
Basically how I feel about it. I see a whole bunch of ammy fighters gravitating towards it, in hopes that they are going magically go into their fights and put on a clinic. But the reality of it is, that they are so used to throwing these extended combos at their partners gloves while consistently jamming themselves, that they have no perception of distance and their "bmt" ends up useless when they do not know how to throw a proper jab or teep. Sorry for the rant.

This is Bang Ludwig System. Even he doesnt use it. Only one person use his style and is called TJ Dillashaw. It should be called Dillashaw style. Odd combos, not good in muaythai or k-1. Get destroyed like below.
Ludwig has no low kick/ mid kick leg checks. Leave open. for power kickers. they just take it.

In my opinion, Duane Ludwig isn't even on TJ Dillashaw's level in terms of striking.

In my opinion, Duane Ludwig isn't even on TJ Dillashaw's level in terms of striking.

bwahahahahaha

that dancing and prancing around that tj and cruz do is only applicable in a enormous cage. lock them up in a tiny ring and they are meat for predators. a tj or cruz would get murdered in a boxing ring in alot of rule sets.

it's easy to dance around and move alot backwards within the octagon.

Back