What do you think about this fantasy 150lbs Tournament?

J

Julius_Caesar

A 16 man tournament spaced out over a few months. Kickboxing rules in a cage with MMA gloves. 3 x 3 min rounds:

4 MuayThai Fighters:
Sittichai Sitsongpeenong
Superbon Banchamek
Yodsanklai Fairtex
Littewada Sor. Nipapon

4 Kickboxers:
Giorgio Petrosyan
Marat Grigorian
Robin Van Roosmalen
Qiu Jianliang

4 Boxers:
Errol Spence
Keith Thruman
Kell Brook
Manny Pacquiao (a little small and outta prime but still good enough and used to fighting bigger opponents)

4 MMA Fighters:
Conor McGregor
Jose Aldo
Max Holloway
Cody Garbrandt (like pacquiao he's a little small but he has fought at 145 and I heard he stands around 160 so dont think 150 will be too much for him. He's undefeated and still one of the best strikers in MMA today)

I would love to see something like this. The boxers would have problems defending kicks but I think they still can be very effective if they prepare well especially Pacquiao and Errol Spence. The MMA fighters listed are not as talented in striking but they have the advantage of it being in a cage with MMA gloves.

I can only imagine the type of attention and money this could generate. Fighters from Brazil, USA, China, Philippines, Thailand and Europe with all their countries and fan bases backing them. They could use the theme "who is pound for pound the best striker in the world" which is fair considering some of the fighters listed. Who would you have winning this?

Sittichai/Yod final

While there haven't been any particularly good boxers try their hand in kickboxing that I know of, the boxers that did fight in K1 generally didn't do very well at all. Aside from Kalakoda and he was pretty well versed in kickboxing.

Suggestion for boxer:
Jomthong

I think that impossible.
I mean there is like a 0.1% chance of something like this ever happening but we can still dream. Lets just say some Chinese Billionaire teamed up with some promotion. It could be a smart investment considering some of the names. Even if you change some of the fighters the whole idea of MMA fighers vs Boxers vs Kickboxers vs MT fighters would sell if you have a few big names.

giorgio with mma gloves? i can hear his hand breaking from here.
i like the dream!
but in mine there wouldn't be mma and no cage..i need to see the ring but yes to mma gloves
i also don't want rvr because i feel an enormous antipathy for that person.

Was thinking about switching him for Littewada but he's been looking horrible lately. He's no longer motivated.
Any boxer that decides to fight in kickboxing will probably be in the same shape of Jomthong and of Jomthong whos is a complete fighter has trouble how do you even expect boxers to win consistently? Maybe a few KOs but wouldn't expect much

How would that be fair? Plenty of better strikers in Thailand.
I had this debate with Snubnoze a while back. Someone made a thread about who the best striker in the world is or something along those lines. He said Petrosyan and I said Yodwicha based off the fact that no matter how slick Petrosyan is Yodwicha will dominate by constantly clinching up and not give Petro any air but I was wrong because technically the clinch is not striking. Its a form of grappling and therefore kickboxing is more of a striking sport than MuayThai.

You can have MuayThai style fighters fighting within kickboxing but by definition when we talk about who the best striker is in the world it would have to be how we see them within kickboxing and unfortunately we haven't seen all those Thai's in Thailand compete under kickboxing rules. What we do have is fighters like Sittichai, Yodsanklai, Superbon, Petrosyan and Roosmalen who I all personally feel are all at the top in kickboxing so whoever wins a tournament with those fighters in it deserves to be called the best striker in the world.

Wait a minute when did I ever say Petrosyan is the best striker in the world? I think you got things twisted there, bud. Gun to my head I'm giving that to Saenchai...

Wait a minute when did I ever say Petrosyan is the best striker in the world? I think you got things twisted there, bud. Gun to my head I'm giving that to Saenchai...
Can't remember what the thread was about but we were debating about Petro and Yodwicha. And Saenchai is no longer the best striker in the world. He's out of his prime.

Why does it have to be in a cage? Would prefer if it was in a ring

Just make them all fight in Muay Extreme. If you want to see "the best striker" you should include elbows too.

Last edited:
What makes Yodwicha better than Sangmanee, Panpayak, Petmorrakot etc?

Why does it have to be in a cage? Would prefer if it was in a ring
Doesn't have to be but there are so many combat promotions in the ring it might be good to switch it up. Create an atmosphere that is unique to other striking promotions.

Just make them all fight in Muay Extreme. If you want to see "the best striker" you should include elbows too.
No it will put boxers and kickboxers at too much of a disadvantage. Its about balancing it all out so every type of fighter is somewhat comfortable.

No it will put boxers and kickboxers at too much of a disadvantage. Its about balancing it all out so every type of fighter is somewhat comfortable.
well then it would not be "best striker", it would just be "best kickboxer in a cage with mma gloves"

Back