What do you listen to when you're depressed?

Quite possibly my favourite band ever.

love that song.
that and spoonman two best by them
Yes sir...Love spoonman.
Well I actually I'm a total mark for SG.
This was another from that album that is friggin brilliant.

I jam out to the shinedown station on pandora. Plays the perfect music mix for me. They even mix some Eminem in there.

I love listening to Pandora on my Bluetooth speaker

I listen to the Vangelis station on Pandora for cardio.

Then one of several others for weight lifting.
Tupac, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, DJ Quik, Too Short, etc.

I said a page back that i like the darkness within by machine head.
Its because of the lyrics, im sure we all know great songs with great lryics, but this for me, is just perfect.
But i really should have posted a vid to go with it..
so here is me filming it at the manchester academy last year folks..
and watch to the end, trust me, as a crowd us mancs are fucking brilliant..
machine fucking head....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Don't know if either of these bands were mentioned, but when I get down, I listen to bands that might be considered depressing.

I end up listening to Katatonia's "last fair deal gone down" or opeth's "my arms, your hearst". I guess it helps me to sleep and realize there is something better coming tomorrow. As far as getting me out of a funk...

Anything by bane, mainly their give blood album or anything by two man advantage. They are just a hard drinking, hockey loving punk band. And they can get anyone out of a bad mood.

Same shit I listen too when I'm happy,, because music that reminds me of being happy and fills me with joy is exactly what you should be listening too when you feel like crap.

Music is literally the only "drug" I can't live without.

You also saw that Flaming Lips news article today, didn't you? 90210 and the Peach Pit...lol. Love the Neil Young and I actually crossed the ocean for a heart of Gold...good stuff all around!

Modest Mouse. I know something's not right in my life when I start listening to them over and over.

Back