What do you do when you feel like you've reached the end?

I'm hoping i'd go to a professional to talk about it if I got to that point, hope everyone else in here can do the same who needs to.

Old people kill themselves all the fucking time and say they lived a life of regret.

Take that hippy bullshit somewhere else.

They kill themselves all the time do they? From a life of regret you say?

That's a pretty fucking bleak outlook. I'd venture a guess and say the vast majority of elderly suicides (which are already the vast minority of elderly deaths I'm sure) are probably the result of significant mental illness... not a lifetime of bottomed out depression and regret.

I'm no death expert, but I'm thinking most people go through their ups and downs, many of whom contemplate suicide, and eventually live out their life feeling thankful that they never pulled the trigger decades earlier.

So @essieyessie if you don't mind me asking, are you taking any medication or seeing a therapist?

Having someone to vent all of this to on a regular basis, that can give you advice on how to deal with your feelings in a constructive way, can be very helpful.

TS if you're into reading, I just finished The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus. It is basically a philosopher trying to justify suicide.

Spoiler alert: he doesn't come out in favour of it. But not for the pat reasons most people give. It helped me put some things in perspective, anyway.

I don't think I've ever felt entirely hopeless, but close, very close. When I look at the world around me, a lot of it brings me down, i.e., corruption, greed, violence (typical kinda stuff), etc. I hold onto little things, and I've a few wonderful people in my life, though I rarely interact with them in person. I'm alone much of the time and sometimes deal with strong anxiety.

I don't have any great advice other than fight and grit through it, and slowly try to make positive changes. Hang on. I've felt close to going before, but I've a strong survival instinct, I guess. I've grit my way through a lot of pain. Anger can help too, though I'm not sure that's a healthy way to handle sadness/depression.

I take it day-by-day, and try to enjoy everything possible, from smells, to food, etc. It's amazing how much appreciating obvious things like that can help, even if only for a moment. Having a clean diet and keeping in shape help too, as well as reading and stuff like that. They help with self-esteem, so even if you're depressed, you can at least reduce the amount of fronts you have to fight on.

Set things to look forward to, even if they are trivial, like reading a certain book, catching a show, going on a walk, buying a video game, learning another language, a warm shower, anything. I often think about where I'll be in the future frequently which is daunting, but I try to balance it out by looking forward to small things. Like here soon, I'm going to eat some good food and workout a bit. Little stuff.

Edit: I should note, as far as I'm aware, I don't have clinical depression or anything like that, so what works for me may not work for you or others. I felt the need to note that because some people try everything and it doesn't work for them, then they feel bad that what works for others doesn't work for them, which makes things worse.

Last edited:
Set realistic goals that give you something to look forward to. It seems like people want to live their lives in a big damn hurry but, why? Don't take life to serious.
Maybe adopt a pet. Animals are known to be very therapeutic.

P.S. Do not kill yourself. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

This is essentially why I live, but I believe that it is irrational. Long term, the depressed and miserable person will cause more pain to their loved ones than if they were to just end it. I think that if I could ignore that survival instinct everyone has for long enough to cut my life short, it would be better for everyone who knows me, once they got over the initial trauma of that loss. Nothingness would certainly be preferable to the existence I am currently living, which consists of inescapable suffering on a level that no human should ever be forced to endure.

hey man, I've had some differences with you in the past here. I know exactly what you're talking about in this post. I don't have answers but I just wanted you to know that I'm on your side for this. Take care and be well whenever possible.

I don't think I've ever felt entirely hopeless, but close, very close. When I look at the world around me, a lot of it brings me down, i.e., corruption, greed, violence (typical kinda stuff), etc. I hold onto little things, and I've a few wonderful people in my life, though I rarely interact with them in person. I'm alone much of the time and sometimes deal with strong anxiety.

I don't have any great advice other than fight and grit through it, and slowly try to make positive changes. Hang on. I've felt close to going before, but I've a strong survival instinct, I guess. I've grit my way through a lot of pain. Anger can help too, though I'm not sure that's a healthy way to handle sadness/depression.

I can't
I take it day-by-day, and try to enjoy everything possible, from smells, to food, etc. It's amazing how much appreciating obvious things like that can help, even if only for a moment. Having a clean diet and keeping in shape help too, as well as reading and stuff like that. They help with self-esteem, so even if you're depressed, you can at least reduce the amount of fronts you have to fight on.

Set things to look forward to, even if they are trivial, like reading a certain book, catching a show, going on a walk, buying a video game, learning another language, a warm shower, anything. I often think about where I'll be in the future frequently which is daunting, but I try to balance it out by looking forward to small things. Like here soon, I'm going to eat some good food and workout a bit. Little stuff.

Edit: I should note, as far as I'm aware, I don't have clinical depression or anything like that, so what works for me may not work for you or others. I felt the need to note that because some people try everything and it doesn't work for them, then they feel bad that what works for others doesn't work for them, which makes things worse.

I can't tell you how many times I read a post of your's and think to myself "this person is paying attention".

thanks bro.

You're a paying member of Sherdog. It's normal to hate yourself.

I've never wanted to end it, but I have experienced very intense psychological pain and discomfort, and I very much feared at the time that if it didn't pass it would drive me to opt out rather than continue to suffer. Thankfully I was able to do what was necessary to claw my way out of that hole first.

Having passed through that stage into relative normalcy, if I had to go through it again I think that knowing that there is a way through it would make a lot less frightening. I think the key above all is to know that what you are feeling in a given moment isn't the whole picture and won't last forever.

I've never wanted to end it, but I have experienced very intense psychological pain and discomfort, and I very much feared at the time that if it didn't pass it would drive me to opt out rather than continue to suffer. Thankfully I was able to do what was necessary to claw my way out of that hole first.

Having passed through that stage into relative normalcy, if I had to go through it again I think that knowing that there is a way through it would make a lot less frightening. I think the key above all is to know that what you are feeling in a given moment isn't the whole picture and won't last forever.

some wisdom right here.

I grit my way through it. Tell myself it'll be better tomorrow. Even if it isn't, I've clawed my way through another day.

Nice post mang!

Set small goals, try to work through them one by one. Give yourself permission to feel bad, but at the same time try to do things that will break you out of that mood, or even just distract you.

You can always talk to US too. We understand this stuff better than most, and we won't judge you. You know what I mean.

Hope things get better for you. Feeling pretty terrible myself, just keep telling myself it can't always be this bad. Eventually I'll be right.

I can't tell you how many times I read a post of your's and think to myself "this person is paying attention".

thanks bro.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that, especially coming from you.

Everyone will go through a period in their life like that at some point, you just have to be strong and don't do anything stupid. Life will change always. I been low, and I been in a great place too in life. The low points you just have to try and have positive energy and yeah it helps a lot to talk about it and be open.

When I was 24 it was a awful year, had quite a few family members all die in that year and I had no money too, it was a bad time, me and my partner were having a lot of problems too because of my sadness and low-feelings. But you just have to get through it and life will change, but its true you can't bring back those very close family members which still does hurt, but I know its life sadly.

I say you go the Tavis Bickle route and kill some scum. The rapists, murderers, pedophiles and every other low piece of shit, and you wipe them out.

Back