What do you do when you feel like you've reached the end?

essie

sue me
@Silver
Reaction score
I've tried to kill myself a couple times before but I wasn't so good at it really. And now I don't even know. But it's strange to feel like you've come to the conclusion of something - or yourself I guess. And it's really strange when you have all these feelings and the person that you haven't talked to in months won't talk to you. And then you realize all the stuff people pick on you about is true. And then you stop having a job that you love. And then you're afraid of the future.

I guess I'm just wondering like when it's okay to give up and then how is it okay to give up. and when you hate yourself and you realize most people do too then why not?

But the general question is if any of you have been in a position where you felt entirely hopeless and if so what made you keep going?

I think you have to keep going because you feel like your soul isn't done, like you can still do more given the chance. It's a cliche, but you can't give up when it gets tough, you just stick to your roots even more and come out firing and force people to deal with it.
Feeling helpless is normal, but choosing to just throw the next move out there is better than quitting. Since this is an MMA website, I think of it this way. Say you throw a jab out and break your hand. The natural instinct is to give up and heal your hand. But you're in an mma fight (in this case, life), so you throw elbows until they pull your lifeless body out.
I'm not sure if my post is useful or not, I'm drunk etc...
My only point is you can always give up, but now is your only chance to fight back

Nobody lives out their life just to wish that they killed themself 40 years earlier. Whatever feelings you have will eventually pass.

It's never alright to give up.

People who try and kill themselves and fail don't really want to die. It's a desperate cry for help.

So you better go get yourself some help because that is what you're crying out for and you should recognize that life can become more than what you have right now.

You're not crying out to die because it's very easy to kill yourself if an individual really wanted to do so. So please go get help.

I never attempted it but I’ve been suicidal for a long time. Every time life gets me down a bit, I always remember, I’m going to die anyway. Don’t be in a rush to kill yourself man, you’re going to die anyway whether you like it or not. For me the lesson I get from that is nothing really matters. I’m going to die anyway, so why am I getting bummed out over some stupid shit? The end result of every human experience is the same: we fucking die. The only thing to do live for the moments try to get the most out of them.

Dude,
Get laid asap, even if it's a butterface or some fat chick or a hooker. That'll get some serotonin flowing through your brain. Eat some sweets, some chocolate, or pastries, whatever you like. And watch some stupid funny youtube videos, just get some laughs.

that'd be the first step. Then, start exercising. hard 30 mins, break a good sweat. every day.

and, then, try to change the way you think.

p.s. I don't know if you are spiritual or not, but one of the deciding factors for keeping on living might be the threat/possibility of "hell/purgatory/some dark scary place" in case of suicide. It ain't about scaring you into worshiping some bs, but think about what happens after we're gone from here.

If nothing happens, if we just die, and that's it, then, what's the point of life?
I don't believe life is pointless. I believe life has a point.

I've tried to kill myself a couple times before but I wasn't so good at it really. And now I don't even know. But it's strange to feel like you've come to the conclusion of something - or yourself I guess. And it's really strange when you have all these feelings and the person that you haven't talked to in months won't talk to you. And then you realize all the stuff people pick on you about is true. And then you stop having a job that you love. And then you're afraid of the future.

I guess I'm just wondering like when it's okay to give up and then how is it okay to give up. and when you hate yourself and you realize most people do too then why not?

But the general question is if any of you have been in a position where you felt entirely hopeless and if so what made you keep going?
My sister killed herself long ago. If I could go back in time to when she was alive and in pain, I'd give her a short sermon, the title of which would be IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. The way you are...it's not your fault. You probably had shit parenting, and have shit mental biology, for starters. You probably did not get the help and support you needed in your formative years, to steer you in a better direction. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Of course it's up to you what to do with that. I hope you figure a way out of your abyss. Most do, or at least choose to keep on living despite everything, but a small percentage don't. I wish you well.

Last edited:
play a new game.

one day at a time, make it through to the morning, and give it another shot.

There are many people who have been or are in much more difficult situations than you, and there is no secret, when the going gets tuff , the tuff get going.
So you have to be strong and carry on, believe and trust in yourselfe, believe that nobody else but you can pull thru whatever situation you´r going thru in your life.
Of course it wont be easy, but once out of shit, just imagine looking back, how you´ll feel about yourselfe from having gone thru all the shit and still managed to reach safe ground ?
So set a goal and keep your foccus on that goal !!
Im assuming you dont have any children, but im also guessing that your parents are alive.
How do you imagine they will feel if they have to bury their son under those circumstances ?

I've had some bad fucking times in my life but never once have I thought of ever of killing myself. I would never think of something such as that, or harming myself for that matter. You have to be pretty fucking pathetically weak minded to want to off yourself. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks about it, but that's the truth.

You only get eighty or so years anyways, just let life kill you.
There's no afterlife, this is all you get, so hang on to every second because what comes next is pretty fucking dull

Depression is a real disease. It can trick your biological instinct to survive that giving up is a viable option. Conscious rejection of that lie is the first step towards stopping a severe suicidal depression.

I've had some bad fucking times in my life but never once have I thought of ever of killing myself. I would never think of something such as that, or harming myself for that matter. You have to be pretty fucking pathetically weak minded to want to off yourself. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks about it, but that's the truth.

Ernest Hemingway, Jack London, Kurt Cobain, Socrates (in a way), Cleopatra, Hilter (for fucks sake), a bunch of badass samurais in feudal Japan and some others were not "pathetically weak minded" individuals.

Who gives you the right to judge anyone? Get off your high horse!!!
And don't feed any more "weed" to your horse, it's not good for its brain/cognitive abilities.

p.s. If you don't give a shit what anyone thinks about it, why do you think anyone would give a shit what you think about it?

Ernest Hemingway, Jack London, Kurt Cobain, Socrates (in a way), Cleopatra, Hilter (for fucks sake), a bunch of badass samurais in feudal Japan and some others were not "pathetically weak minded" individuals.

Who gives you the right to judge anyone? Get off your high horse!!!
And don't feed any more "weed" to your horse, it's not good for its brain/cognitive abilities.

p.s. If you don't give a shit what anyone thinks about it, why do you think anyone would give a shit what you think about it?

If you're in a situation where you know you're going to die anyways, then yeah sure...I'd rather kill myself too if I was in hitler's position. But for an average everyday guy having a tough time and trying to kill one self is pretty pathetic and weak. That's all I have to say.

^ you don't know his life circumstances, you don't know what kind of shit that person is going through.
Heck, you might not even know what kind of shit your best bud or your significant other might be going through.
To call someone pathetic and weak simply because of suicide attempt/suicidal thoughts is presumptuous, to say the least.

Maybe he/she is or not, you're not the one to judge. Anywho, "don't judge so that you won't be judged" is a fair idea, imo.

Back