Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

Yeah, I'm talking about the "cops are all racist and kill black people" narrative, which is laughable.

If I used my own anecdotal evidence of cops, I would conclude that they're all corrupt. I've had to bribe two cops, and saw one commit perjury to back up his fake story. Statistically, those that commit egregious crimes are a small minority.

Now you seem to be shifting again. Unless your idea of egregious doesn't include domestic violence. If you're saying most don't rape and murder then that's obvious. If you expand past that then it's not a stretch (based on 40% abusing family members) to say that half or more commit serious crimes.

Now you seem to be shifting again. Unless your idea of egregious doesn't include domestic violence. If you're saying most don't rape and murder then that's obvious. If you expand past that then it's not a stretch (based on 40% abusing family members) to say that half or more commit serious crimes.

I gotta be honest, I'm finding the stat of 40% difficult to believe. You're saying 1 in 4 cops do what exactly?

If this is true, I would consider reevaluating my position.

I gotta be honest, I'm finding the stat of 40% difficult to believe. You're saying 1 in 4 cops do what exactly?

If this is true, I would consider reevaluating my position.

I'm saying multiple links tell me the current research indicates 40% of cops commit domestic violence. If the general population (according to same links) has a rate of 25% then I don't find that hard to believe at all. But I haven't scrutinized the study any more than you've scrutinized your off-the-cuff estimates.

I'm saying multiple links tell me the current research indicates 40% of cops commit domestic violence. If the general population (according to same links) has a rate of 25% then I don't find that hard to believe at all. But I haven't scrutinized the study any more than you've scrutinized your off-the-cuff estimates.

That's definitely an alarming stat. If a sizable portion of police are involved in domestic violence, it would make me change my perception of them. It also gives credence to the idea that a lot of people who are power-hungry join the police force in order to display dominance.

With that said, that doesn't make them murderers. I still don't see evidence for cops killing people for sport which is a claim that is thrown around a lot.

I already responded to this and you didn't respond so I have no idea why you're just bringing it up in a different thread, lol

Start a thread asking conservatives if Fox News is biased, and most (if not all) will say it is just like I said. The context of the original thing I said was basically saying that conservatives will admit when their "side" or Trump does something wrong significantly more than liberals. It's true. Trump was denounced for multiple things. Now go to the Anti-FA thread where we have people that not only take parts in riots but refuse to denounce a domestic terrorist group because they're beating up Trump supporters.

What could possibly be hard to understand about that? You complained about that people criticize one thing in one case, but not another, and I showed you an example of you defending exactly such behavior as you now criticize.

The point being that complaining about lack of inconsistency and defending another case of lack of inconsistency is inconsistent.

What planet do you live on again?

What could possibly be hard to understand about that? You complained about that people criticize one thing in one case, but not another, and I showed you an example of you defending exactly such behavior as you now criticize.

The point being that complaining about lack of inconsistency and defending another case of lack of inconsistency is inconsistent.

lol what? What did I "defend" that I'm criticizing? You seem to be extremely confused

Seems like you just want people to randomly scream about Fox News for no reason. Once again, start a thread asking conservatives if Fox News is biased and they'll say yes. Meanwhile we had a thread asking if CNN is biased and we had people like Jack V Savage saying they're not. Lol.

lol what? What did I "defend" that I'm criticizing? You seem to be extremely confused

Seems like you just want people to randomly scream about Fox News for no reason. Once again, start a thread asking conservatives if Fox News is biased and they'll say yes. Meanwhile we had a thread asking if CNN is biased and we had people like Jack V Savage saying they're not. Lol.

Leave it to WR posters to get confused about the simplest of logic.

You complained here about some people saying things that they haven't on other subjects that you find similar. A day or so before that I had made a similar criticism about people complaining about lesser issues of the same kind and not of the most severe one. You went out to defend those people by saying that I should ask them to see what they think, which is hypocritical if you don't give the people in this thread the same treatment. The core issue is that people treat subjects differently on their own, so putting them on the spot is irrelevant to that point.

And as a side note, as it's not what the current point is about, when we're talking about literally filming a fake interview and passing it off as real, we're not just discussing simple bias.

Leave it to WR posters to get confused about the simplest of logic.

You complained here about some people saying things that they haven't on other subjects that you find similar. A day or so before that I had made a similar criticism about people complaining about lesser issues of the same kind and not of the most severe one. You went out to defend those people by saying that I should ask them to see what they think, which is hypocritical if you don't give the people in this thread the same treatment. The core issue is that people treat subjects differently on their own, so putting them on the spot is irrelevant to that point.

Can you actually give any examples of "people complaining about lesser issues of the same kind" though? I was responding to a post from a specific person who rarely if ever complains about Islam the way he does about cops, you're autistically screeching about people randomly not yelling about Fox News. Lol.

Most liberals in here that complain about cops don't complain about Islam. On the other hand, conservatives will call CNN biased, but at the same time have no problem admitting Fox is biased as well if the topic comes up. You still seem confused.

I don't really like people suggesting that all cops are bad because of the actions of a few. This is worse than generalizing other groups, because only a very small percentage of cops break the law. If you want to generalize correctly, you'd say all cops are awesome.

Are all cops evil? Certainly not, but most "good guys" on the job will close ranks and, without batting an eyelash, cover up for obvious fuck ups and malicious pricks who shouldn't have badges in the first place.

Can you actually give any examples of "people complaining about lesser issues of the same kind" though? I was responding to a post from a specific person who rarely if ever complains about Islam the way he does about cops, you're autistically screeching about people randomly not yelling about Fox News. Lol.

Most liberals in here that complain about cops don't complain about Islam. On the other hand, conservatives will call CNN biased, but at the same time have no problem admitting Fox is biased as well if the topic comes up. You still seem confused.

Most of the times I've brought up the Fox thing in relation to the subject of a thread the thread has actually suddenly gotten deserted. Conservatives that I see complain about other news outlets stop writing when I bring that up. It's a very similar thing to you thinking that liberals here don't complain about Islam as much, as they are at least as likely to admit what bad things Islam carries with it as the conservatives are to admit that Fox isn't any better than the rest. If you don't see the obvious red line here then the issue is entirely with you.

You're probably just too afraid to admit it, as you've tried several times to attribute opinions to me that I've either never said or have actually stated directly contrary things about, and you've never been man enough to admit that you were wrong a single time. You just ignore that part and say something else, or stop posting altogether, so why should I expect you to man up this time? (I don't)

Are all cops evil? Certainly not, but most "good guys" on the job will close ranks and, without batting an eyelash, cover up for obvious fuck ups and malicious pricks who shouldn't have badges in the first place.

I should have chose my words more carefully from the start. I only meant that cops are not racists who kill for sport, and the narrative that they are is not backed by statistics.

I should have chose my words more carefully from the start. I only meant that cops are not racists who kill for sport, and the narrative that they are is not backed by statistics.

That's not the driving argument behind the police reform movement. The primary issues are poor training, inane strategic policies (i.e. broken widows) and a lack of accountability for problem officers (many of whom are just incompetent rather than bigoted).

I think that implicit bias is a much bigger problem than overt racism. However, it's not an issue that can be easily tackled.

Most of the times I've brought up the Fox thing in relation to the subject of a thread the thread has actually suddenly gotten deserted. Conservatives that I see complain about other news outlets stop writing when I bring that up. It's a very similar thing to you thinking that liberals here don't complain about Islam as much, as they are at least as likely to admit what bad things Islam carries with it as the conservatives are to admit that Fox isn't any better than the rest. If you don't see the obvious red line here then the issue is entirely with you.

Yeah you said that already. I asked you to link to conservatives refusing to admit Fox is biased

You're probably just too afraid to admit it, as you've tried several times to attribute opinions to me that I've either never said or have actually stated directly contrary things about, and you've never been man enough to admit that you were wrong a single time. You just ignore that part and say something else, or stop posting altogether, so why should I expect you to man up this time? (I don't)

Still upset that I made fun of you for unironically saying "t-t-the definition of rape changed"

lmao, that was like a month or two ago. It might be time to move on. You just seem upset that liberals in the WR are far less honest than the conservatives, most of whom have denounced Trump when the time came for it. Meanwhile outside of a handful of leftists, no one complains about Islam.

It's ok though because FOX NEWS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's not the driving argument behind the police reform movement. The primary issues are poor training, inane strategic policies (i.e. broken widows) and a lack of accountability for problem officers (many of whom are just incompetent rather than bigoted).

I think that implicit bias is a much bigger problem than overt racism. However, it's not an issue that can be easily tackled.

That's a much better complaint, and it's hard to disagree with.

I know a guy from South Carolina who is an ex-cop. The guy is not fit to manage a McDonalds let alone protect and serve. I'm not sure how they let some of the people they do become LEOs, so yeah, I agree there is room for improvement.

It's funny how you guys don't use this snarky sarcastic response when it comes to Islamists killing people in droves

What a surprise, KONE deflecting blame on a post supporting the idea of rampant police violence by attacking Islam. You're a parody of a person.

We expect terrorists to be terrorists. Cops aren't supposed to be among them.

I don't know how you can prioritize your political talking points, your parroting of rhetoric, over something so sinister and sad. We should be united in the face of such evil.

What a surprise, KONE deflecting blame on a post supporting the idea of rampant police violence by attacking Islam. You're a parody of a person.

>rampant police violence

citation critically needed

We expect terrorists to be terrorists. Cops aren't supposed to be among them.

I don't know how you can prioritize your political talking points, your parroting of rhetoric, over something so sinister and sad. We should be united in the face of such evil.

lol I'm not talking about strictly terrorists. A popular liberal talking point is that Islamic extremism is only a tiny, minuscule amount of people. AKA actually a "few bad apples." When in reality, there are a metric fuck ton of Muslims that don't kill people the way ISIS does, but still want Sharia Law implemented and want apostates/gays to be killed.

grouping all cops together, is the same intellectual laziness as grouping all blacks together.

The entire internet is based upon this. Don't fuck it up, man. People from the South are dumb. Except the black ones, they're geniuses. You must be from the south. And not black.

Hyahya I got ya there m'fer.

Back