What did Frye say about Ken's family before Pride: Bad Blood?

method_get_cs_1_s_061a30cc-1d09-6bfc-e5d3d5f14eabef14_medium.jpg

Haha, Ken has always been such a douche.

at a bjj seminar around 2001 i was talking to royce gracie and someone asked him who the biggest asshole in mma was. He said "Shamrock". i asked him "Ken or Frank?" and he said "pick one."

Frye had used his dry wisecracking to provoke a rivalry with the notoriously hot-tempered Shamrock-- insulting his fighting ability and marital life and landing squarely on Ken's shit list.
That sounds about right

GwYzQSs.gif

I don't know what he said I only ever heard Ken refer to bringing his family into to. I do remember my favourite Don Frye quote where the interviewer referred to Shamrock being the 'worlds most dangerous man'.

Fyre *looks puzzled* "Worlds most dangerous man? Behind the wheel of a car maybe"

LMAO!

To be fair,

Saying "Hi Ken" to Ken Shamrock is enough to start a blood feud with the guy.

Yeah, I heard from my bud who used to work at a fitness gym in Stockton, CA back in the Lions Den days heyday, that the Lions Den sold steroids out of there allegedly. Please mods don't get me in trouble. I said "allegedly". But I guess it was common knowledge from the folks in the bodybuilding community around that area. And numerous stories I heard too, about Ken being a douche. Funniest I heard was that one time he went to the grocery store in the area, wearing a black leather vest, gold chain, workout striped speedos and workout shoes(like those old high top Otomix shoes back in day) and was walking around supermarket mean mugging and shopping. The funniest part....he had no shirt on under the vest lol.
That's hilarious and can totally see that happening in his hey day.
What's crazy is many years later now my sister is married to an mma gym owner from Santa Cruz that happens to be part of the original group of guys that left with Frank when the split between brothers happened.
That's when they linked up with Javier Mendez and started training in San Jose before he founded AKA.
Oh, and yeah my brother in law confirmed all the shit I had heard about Ken, lmao.

Back