What did Frye say about Ken's family before Pride: Bad Blood?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I believe this was Kenny's last Awesome performance but it took Frye's comment to light the fire under him.

Anyone know what he said?

I believe this was Kenny's last Awesome performance but it took Frye's comment to light the fire under him.

Anyone know what he said?

I'm not sure. I think Don said that Ken treated his own adoptive father like shit?

edit: Maybe it was this?

http://www.onzuka.com/interviews/Frye-Don8-21-99.html

FCF: So it doesn't matter to you. As long as you guys can step into the ring, you'll fight him anyway?
DF: You damn right! For one thing, I've got a big problem with Ken Shamrock. Personally, because he never finished a tournament and they go around saying "he's the most dangerous man on the planet" or he's the greatest fighter in UFC history. That's a bunch of bullshit! Like I said, the man can't even finish a tournament. He never got past the second round. He only got into the second round once. They had to custom make that Superfight belt for him, you know? Because it's a single fight belt. Also I'm not sure if your aware of the situation with him and his father [Bob Shamrock] and his brother [Frank Shamrock]. Ken shows absolutely no respect to anybody. [Bob, Frank, and Ken are all doing their own thing. Bob started his own gym, Shamrock 2000, and Frank started the Universal Submission Academy and the Alliance] His father, Bob, is a nice man, took Ken up off the street and turned him into something, now Ken just turned right around and bit Bob.

He goes on to say that he'd have Bob in his corner, lol.

Last edited:
Dont trust anything Ken Shamrock says. Frye probably greeted Ken and said "Hi, Ken! How's your family doin?" and Ken decided to shoot a promo.

You shoot a rubber band at Ken, and he almost shits himself. The dude is strung super tight.

Haha, Ken has always been such a douche.
I remember when a coworker told me a story about being in a gym working out with his scrawny nerdy friend and Ken literally tried starting a fight with the guy for "mean mugging " him, lmao!

I've herd tons of stories about Ken through the years since I was a teen.

Haha, Ken has always been such a douche.
I remember when a coworker told me a story about being in a gym working out with his scrawny nerdy friend and Ken literally tried starting a fight with the guy for "mean mugging " him, lmao!

I've herd tons of stories about Ken through the years since I was a teen.
Yeah, I heard from my bud who used to work at a fitness gym in Stockton, CA back in the Lions Den days heyday, that the Lions Den sold steroids out of there allegedly. Please mods don't get me in trouble. I said "allegedly". But I guess it was common knowledge from the folks in the bodybuilding community around that area. And numerous stories I heard too, about Ken being a douche. Funniest I heard was that one time he went to the grocery store in the area, wearing a black leather vest, gold chain, workout striped speedos and workout shoes(like those old high top Otomix shoes back in day) and was walking around supermarket mean mugging and shopping. The funniest part....he had no shirt on under the vest lol.

Yeah, I heard from my bud who used to work at a fitness gym in Stockton, CA back in the Lions Den days heyday, that the Lions Den sold steroids out of there allegedly. Please mods don't get me in trouble. I said "allegedly". But I guess it was common knowledge from the folks in the bodybuilding community around that area. And numerous stories I heard too, about Ken being a douche. Funniest I heard was that one time he went to the grocery store in the area, wearing a black leather vest, gold chain, workout striped speedos and workout shoes(like those old high top Otomix shoes back in day) and was walking around supermarket mean mugging and shopping. The funniest part....he had no shirt on under the vest lol.
I can believe all of those things.

This?

Frye had used his dry wisecracking to provoke a rivalry with the notoriously hot-tempered Shamrock-- insulting his fighting ability and marital life and landing squarely on Ken's shit list. Frye continued to poke the hornet's nest to promote the event and instigated an in-ring brawl at a press event two days before their fight.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/defining-moment---frye-vs-shamrock-legend-maker-career-killer
Don Frye is much smarter than Ken, and he knew that. Easy work for The Predator!

I know Frye said when Ken was twisting the shit out of that ankle lock there was no-way he was going to tap because of all the trash he talked about about his wife.

Don's ankles were never the same after that fight

If I recall correctly, Frye apologized shortly after the fight, when they made up, saying he was in the wrong for talking about Ken's family, and that he really only did it because he wanted the fight with Ken.

Ken has always been a bit of a fake phony douche, seems like a dodgy character too...how many fight conferences and promos has that guy done only to pull out of the fight anyway ?

Ken was robbed in that fight. However Ken does seems way over sensitive takes everything personally.

I don't know what he said I only ever heard Ken refer to bringing his family into to. I do remember my favourite Don Frye quote where the interviewer referred to Shamrock being the 'worlds most dangerous man'.

Fyre *looks puzzled* "Worlds most dangerous man? Behind the wheel of a car maybe"

I don't know but Frye paid for it with his ankles. Ken got robbed in that fight.

I'm not sure but Frye did say something like "The most dangerous man in the world?, yeah maybe behind the wheel of a car" Lmao.

I don't know what he said I only ever heard Ken refer to bringing his family into to. I do remember my favourite Don Frye quote where the interviewer referred to Shamrock being the 'worlds most dangerous man'.

Fyre *looks puzzled* "Worlds most dangerous man? Behind the wheel of a car maybe"
Fuck. Beat me to it haha.

Back