What could Khabib vs Tony do PPV wise?

Huge fight for hardcore fans but doesn't really bring in the casuals/intermittent viewers. Tony and Khabib just need to fight. I don't care if they fight one another, I just want to see them back in there. The fact that this fight was so close to happening and then fell through once more is really disappointing.

200k, maybe 300k. It's a hardcore fans fight, not a money fight. There's a rivalry but it isn't Jones/DC.

Maybe it does well in Russia, but that's not a PPV market.

That's the thing. How famous is Khabib over there?
How popular is a Dagestani Muslim in Russia?

I wonder if it's like Kelvin being popular in Mexico.

Don't be mad khabib would rag doll your sorry ass.
Lol so the fuck what? When did i say he couldn't fight?

And i can eat pork, bang as many girls as i want, and have a beer.
Desperado - 3 Khabib - 1
<JonesDXSuckIt>

I don't give a shit, i just wanna see the fight. When did fight fans start worrying so much how profitable a fight is for the promoters?
I'll give you one guess and it sounds like "Conrad McGillicuddy." The Stans like to use it as a way to jerk off.

SO everyone forgets that Khabib probably cant make weight? He almost died last time. If I was Dana and you ruin a card because of not making weight, you fight up from now on.

500K would be a miracle.

300 sounds realistic. Khabib and Ferguson are 2 of the best in the world but they are not draws yet.

If Russians buy PPV, they could do alright.
If not... crickets.

The day tickets go on sale, the internet will crash

Well, I follow MMA fairly closely and rarely hear about either outside of sherdog. So, if a reasonably updated MMA fan rarely hears about them, I doubt 2-3 months of marketing will let them pull big numbers. Tony has potential to market, but even as good of a fighter he is, I doubt khabibs inability (unwillingness? Stoicism?) to market is basically shooting their PPV numbers in the foot.

You'd think a company like WME would do more marketing, considering that's what they are known for, and/or coaching fighters to better market their "brand" as a fighter.

People don't care how good a fighter is, the fighters and the UFC/WME have to convince people to care. Plenty of quality products get swept under the rug because they weren't marketed properly, or they figured it would sell itself.

So, so far, not good PPV #'s.

I'll give you one guess and it sounds like "Conrad McGillicuddy." The Stans like to use it as a way to jerk off.
So cool, hey bro Miocic is Bill Gates' bitch bro cause he makes way more money yo.

What a bunch of twinks lol

fanboy-3.jpg

Who besides McGregor, Jones and GSP does more than 500k?

If Khabib and Ferg is a Main Event on Pay Per View the UFC would have to promote the hell out of it being an Interim Title Fight and a shot at Conor. No way they do this fight as a Main Event on PPV without non stop Conor talk and Interim Title talk and even then it would need a very strong Co-Main to do decent numbers.

Otherwise it would probably do good ratings as a Main Event on Fox and would actually get both fighters better exposure being on free TV.

Just curious but why do fans care about how much fights do at gate? I understand from UFC perspective but not from fans end.

Gaygard Musasi does terrible gate numbers but I still love to watch him fight.

I don't care what the gate numbers are. All I know is Khabib loses his next fight.

I don't give a shit, i just wanna see the fight. When did fight fans start worrying so much how profitable a fight is for the promoters?

People say this a lot, but it isn't that difficult to grasp
MMA/UFC isn't like other sports.
It's newish, niche, and it's an individual sport. It isn't like the NBA or NFL where there are set seasons, games, championships, etc.
Events, who fights, and what kind of fights (WMMA, small weight, HWs) depend on profits. It isn't like other sports that have a stable model.
If the UFC sees they get good sales at NY events, and events where there are 3 title fights on a card, and events with women headlining, then they'll do more events like that.
When individual fighter's feel like they're not making enough money then they move to other organizations. Why wouldn't a fan be interested in this information ?

About 250K to 350K tops on them headlining.

It really is the perfect Co-Main event for a great Main event PPV card.

I say 200k. People are not interested in good fights, they are interested in big fights.

Back