What could Khabib vs Tony do PPV wise?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With proper promotion I think this fight could actually do 500k but I may be ill informed. Something I wonder though is whether or not this fight would actually sell that much more with an interim title as I feel a number of hardcore fans may buy without an interim title on the line, but casuals may not.

About tree fiddy

seriously though
350k buys would be the ceiling

It won't do as well as it should because people won't expect the fight to happen.

All these late cancellations are going to affect PPV sales, and people will wait until the fight is for sure to decide.

Depends on the rest of the card, probably 250-300K at best if it's the main event unless it's on a big card with other title fights, which it probably will be.

Last edited:
300k. Maybe 350k with heavy promotion if they put Conor in related videos and make it about him.

200k, maybe 300k. It's a hardcore fans fight, not a money fight. There's a rivalry but it isn't Jones/DC.

Maybe it does well in Russia, but that's not a PPV market.

I don't give a shit, i just wanna see the fight. When did fight fans start worrying so much how profitable a fight is for the promoters?

The Embedded series for 209 was doing surprisingly good numbers. I reckon that event could have done 500k with Ferguson/Khabib on it.

200k, maybe 300k. It's a hardcore fans fight, not a money fight. There's a rivalry but it isn't Jones/DC.

Maybe it does well in Russia, but that's not a PPV market.

Russian market is worthless. Khabib himself said that he wouldn't fight on UFC event in Russia because of money.

300k.

Khabib vs Conor in Russia would do 2m though.

As ME? For an interim belt? It won't do better than 250k and I think I'm optimist

With proper promotion I think this fight could actually do 500k but I may be ill informed. Something I wonder though is whether or not this fight would actually sell that much more with an interim title as I feel a number of hardcore fans may buy without an interim title on the line, but casuals may not.

Just curious but why do fans care about how much fights do at gate? I understand from UFC perspective but not from fans end.

Gaygard Musasi does terrible gate numbers but I still love to watch him fight.

I don't care what the gate numbers are. All I know is Khabib loses his next fight.

Russian market is worthless. Khabib himself said that he wouldn't fight on UFC event in Russia because of money.

Well there you go. Unless the UFC see value in that market, it's not a big event.

For me it is though. This is the fight out of all the fights I want to see.

Just curious but why do fans care about how much fights do at gate? I understand from UFC perspective but not from fans end.

Gaygard Musasi does terrible gate numbers but I still love to watch him fight.

I don't care what the gate numbers are. All I know is Khabib loses his next fight.

Same reason football fans care about how much players/teams are worth I suppose.

Romero vs Whitaker did like 135,000 and they are on in the same boat (interim title) in a higher weight class.

Back