What cologne do you wear?

Yeah, I feel like marketing plays too heavy on people, if they don't have a special interest in fragrances. Whatever they're showing off on TV is what everyone will be wearing, whether it's good and appropriate, or bad and vulgar.

Used to have a bottle of Polo blue, back when I was just starting my collection. Been meaning to get another.

Haven't actually heard of Purple Label before, but if it's from 2003, it's before my time. That's good, because then I know no-one else in my area will be wearing it.

My latest pick-up for the Summer is John Vervatos Artisan. Sensible, refreshing and a little fruity for the hotter months.

View attachment 254831

Man that Varvatos is one ive been trying to look into, usually when the package is fancy and nice like that it smells really good.

How much does that bad boy cost? do they got a small sampler? You gotta buy several colognes if you getting into that cologne game, switch it up. My friend has 50 bottles lol, but only ones he enjoys he actually goes tot he fragrance place in the mall to smell them, he gets the big bottles though. Dudes metro loves dressing fresh too. in my day I had a good 20 colognes but only the ones I really liked that smelled good.

I need to step my cologne game up especially since I have knowledge now on how to protect them from losing their smell. I got a big wood box and some Styrofoam insulation liner that ill store them in now.

Whats the worst Cologne you ever smelled hands down?

Man that Varvatos is one ive been trying to look into, usually when the package is fancy and nice like that it smells really good.

How much does that bad boy cost? do they got a small sampler? You gotta buy several colognes if you getting into that cologne game, switch it up. My friend has 50 bottles lol, but only ones he enjoys he actually goes tot he fragrance place in the mall to smell them, he gets the big bottles though. Dudes metro loves dressing fresh too. in my day I had a good 20 colognes but only the ones I really liked that smelled good.

I need to step my cologne game up especially since I have knowledge now on how to protect them from losing their smell. I got a big wood box and some Styrofoam insulation liner that ill store them in now.

Whats the worst Cologne you ever smelled hands down?
Yeah, the package really caught my eye, and after seeing a few reviews, I blind bought it, for around £25 in 100ml (IIRC).

My collection stands in the twenties right now, with around 15 more in small 5-10ml sample sprays. Haven't bought too many in a while, because I hadn't gotten through what I already had, lol.

Planning on investing in a proper storage container for them, but right now, my collection sits in a drawer, beneath my wardrobe, where it's dark, dry, and of neutral room temperature. So far, I haven't had one go bad in the four years I've been collecting.

For me, I feel like my nose is still somewhat untested. I've smelt a lot of colognes, but many were very similar, and not too avant garde. From what I have smelt, I don't really like Davidoff Cool Water, or anything with Oud in it. Just smells really unpleasant, IMO.

Best I've smelt, gotta be Aventus, Tobacco Vanille, Millesime Imperial, D&G The One, and Pure Malt.

How about you? What're your favs/hates?

Yeah, the package really caught my eye, and after seeing a few reviews, I blind bought it, for around £25 in 100ml (IIRC).

My collection stands in the twenties right now, with around 15 more in small 5-10ml sample sprays. Haven't bought too many in a while, because I hadn't gotten through what I already had, lol.

Planning on investing in a proper storage container for them, but right now, my collection sits in a drawer, beneath my wardrobe, where it's dark, dry, and of neutral room temperature. So far, I haven't had one go bad in the four years I've been collecting.

For me, I feel like my nose is still somewhat untested. I've smelt a lot of colognes, but many were very similar, and not too avant garde. From what I have smelt, I don't really like Davidoff Cool Water, or anything with Oud in it. Just smells really unpleasant, IMO.

Best I've smelt, gotta be Aventus, Tobacco Vanille, Millesime Imperial, D&G The One, and Pure Malt.

How about you? What're your favs/hates?

Floyd Mayweather has a crazy collection lol, on his countdown show I seen his he has well over 50 but he has them in his walk in closet on the dresser next to a mirror and his watch collection.

Man my memory is horrible lol, I used to collect and buy colognes when I was a teen until my mid to late 20s. I worked at a department store and would smell them all, I love Creed, but there are so many to choose man, the really cheap colognes you can tell right off the bat though, there were some designer name brands that really smelled bad and were cheaply made and you can tell the designer didn't care about quality just felt there name was behind it and made a quick buck.

I think as you get older you reduce your colognes to a good 5 or 6 that you rotate, when I was younger I loved buying different ones. Ill have to start smelling some again, to really give a good insight but I have yet to try the new stuff, so many fragrances out there, my Favorite is finding what I call gems, Colognes that arent super expensive and are like unknown but smell really good like high end.

one of them was a cologne called Bobby Jones they discontinued it but it smelled really good. it was launched in 2000 but only lasted for like 8 years, then I went back online to find it recently and they are only selling the older bottles and many are going for $400 and up USD. they have a new bottle and a new one up on the bobby jones website but not sure if its the same formula its going for 89 bucks, I might do a blind buy on that to see how it smells.
41QYBDXSRCL.jpg

Floyd Mayweather has a crazy collection lol, on his countdown show I seen his he has well over 50 but he has them in his walk in closet on the dresser next to a mirror and his watch collection.

Man my memory is horrible lol, I used to collect and buy colognes when I was a teen until my mid to late 20s. I worked at a department store and would smell them all, I love Creed, but there are so many to choose man, the really cheap colognes you can tell right off the bat though, there were some designer name brands that really smelled bad and were cheaply made and you can tell the designer didn't care about quality just felt there name was behind it and made a quick buck.

I think as you get older you reduce your colognes to a good 5 or 6 that you rotate, when I was younger I loved buying different ones. Ill have to start smelling some again, to really give a good insight but I have yet to try the new stuff, so many fragrances out there, my Favorite is finding what I call gems, Colognes that arent super expensive and are like unknown but smell really good like high end.

one of them was a cologne called Bobby Jones they discontinued it but it smelled really good. it was launched in 2000 but only lasted for like 8 years, then I went back online to find it recently and they are only selling the older bottles and many are going for $400 and up USD. they have a new bottle and a new one up on the bobby jones website but not sure if its the same formula its going for 89 bucks, I might do a blind buy on that to see how it smells.
41QYBDXSRCL.jpg
Haha, that Mayweather anecdote doesn't surprise me. If you have that kind of money, you have 50 diamond-encrusted of just about everything you can think of, just because you can.

The worst offenders for the cheap colognes are the ones based off celebrities, who just put their name on whatever to make a quick buck. I doubt any of the celebrities even know what they smell like, aside from maybe David Beckham, as he has a few, so maybe he's more serious about his products.

I like to blind-buy some fragrances, based solely off their bottles. Risky, but I've managed to hit the mark every time. Rochas Man and Givenchy Pi are two of those, but they can give you a headache, as they're very sweet.

3274878222568.jpg

122403.jpg

Haha, that Mayweather anecdote doesn't surprise me. If you have that kind of money, you have 50 diamond-encrusted of just about everything you can think of, just because you can.

The worst offenders for the cheap colognes are the ones based off celebrities, who just put their name on whatever to make a quick buck. I doubt any of the celebrities even know what they smell like, aside from maybe David Beckham, as he has a few, so maybe he's more serious about his products.

I like to blind-buy some fragrances, based solely off their bottles. Risky, but I've managed to hit the mark every time. Rochas Man and Givenchy Pi are two of those, but they can give you a headache, as they're very sweet.

View attachment 254841

View attachment 254843

Word of advice keep all your cologne boxes and keep your cologne in good condition, if they discontinue them people will actually spend big money for your used or new bottle. Like that bobby jones cologne someone actually paid two grand for one large unopened bottle. And it originally sold for 40 bucks

Good good labels givenchy and rochas, top stuff. Nice bottles for sure. What occasion do you wear those are they business scents, casual, everyday, all around or night time etc?

With those strong ones you really gotta gauge the distance at which you spray. My advice is get a sheet of white paper, and spray it from the usually 5 inches away, let it dry and smell, if its too strong get another sheet, spray from even farther away if you can smell it good and its not as strong remember that distance, another thing with stronger colognes is ill spray it on the back of my under shirt lightly before i put it on or back of my neck. You have to find ways to control the scent, there is always a method to the madness.

My latest pick-up for the Summer is John Vervatos Artisan. Sensible, refreshing and a little fruity for the hotter months.

View attachment 254831

This has been my go to for about a year as well. I'm not much for describing scents but it seems a little more masculine than some of my other options. Tempted to describe it as "woodsy". I'm a huge fan and don't see myself switching it up for a while.

My other less conventional scent is the Versace Eros, which always reminds me of sunny days because I picked it up while on vacation in Florida lol. It's a little bolder than what I would choose to wear day-to-day as well, think it's got a touch of mint in it or something too.

Gucci Guilty was an amazing sweet scent that just had no projection at all. I used to wear just for myself lol.

Gucci Guilty was an amazing sweet scent that just had no projection at all. I used to wear just for myself lol.

Gucci guilty is one of those of scent you wear at home because you like smelling it. Too many guys wear it though its popular.

KhabibTheBeagle you right lol, those celebrity Fragrances are the cheapest ones they are all made by the same maker, many of them smell cheap like soap with some hard leather scents, designer imposters remember those? the colognes that were smelling like the designer brands but for sold for cheap.

Man how could I forget some of you old school cats will remember this bad boy from the late 90s early 2000s, this was very popular too it was up there with Aqua di gio and cool water in terms of popularity
Pleasures by Estee Lauder Eau de Cologne Men
PRFM-131721.jpg

Word of advice keep all your cologne boxes and keep your cologne in good condition, if they discontinue them people will actually spend big money for your used or new bottle. Like that bobby jones cologne someone actually paid two grand for one large unopened bottle. And it originally sold for 40 bucks

Good good labels givenchy and rochas, top stuff. Nice bottles for sure. What occasion do you wear those are they business scents, casual, everyday, all around or night time etc?

With those strong ones you really gotta gauge the distance at which you spray. My advice is get a sheet of white paper, and spray it from the usually 5 inches away, let it dry and smell, if its too strong get another sheet, spray from even farther away if you can smell it good and its not as strong remember that distance, another thing with stronger colognes is ill spray it on the back of my under shirt lightly before i put it on or back of my neck. You have to find ways to control the scent, there is always a method to the madness.
Yeah, I keep all my boxes, and the scents inside, if they're not in-rotation.

Have a practically full 100ml Gucci 2 in its box, that I've had for a few years. Hoping it might be worth something one day. If not, I won't be bothered, I love how it smells.

Rochas Man and Pi are night scents, for me. On a hot afternoon, they can be really cloying and they don't accent your presence too well. For the winter and chilly nights, they definitely shine. RM is a little like cotton candy, and Pi is a warm, vanilla-blast. Pretty good for when you're looking to get some attention at a bar.

Yeah, I did a lot of experimenting when I first got into the game. Was too scared to overpower people when I was in school, being in such close proximity to people, so I tested the juices beforehand. JOOP! homme was a real challenge, due to it's absurd projection and ability to cut right through the air.

Yeah, I can certainly relate. Sucks though, because I really dig it. Same with D&G The One. If that had more projection and longevity, it'd be serious business.

This has been my go to for about a year as well. I'm not much for describing scents but it seems a little more masculine than some of my other options. Tempted to describe it as "woodsy". I'm a huge fan and don't see myself switching it up for a while.

My other less conventional scent is the Versace Eros, which always reminds me of sunny days because I picked it up while on vacation in Florida lol. It's a little bolder than what I would choose to wear day-to-day as well, think it's got a touch of mint in it or something too.
Never tried Versace Eros, but I love Versace pour homme. Nice, clean, soapy scent. Very sensible and refreshing.

If you like a little mint in your fragrances, I'd recommend Guerlain homme. If I had to describe it, I'd compare it to a Mojito.

375x500.3638-1.jpg

KhabibTheBeagle you right lol, those celebrity Fragrances are the cheapest ones they are all made by the same maker, many of them smell cheap like soap with some hard leather scents, designer imposters remember those? the colognes that were smelling like the designer brands but for sold for cheap.
They're mostly trash, but I've struck silver on a couple occasions, with a couple store-brand frags, that are actually wearable. Hell, I even got a Playboy Miami 100ml for about £5 as my second-ever bottle, and I even dig it out today.

Sherbros you're missing out. The woman loves this stuff I've been rocking it for maybe 5 years now. Delicious.

126578.jpg

I have 8-10 different perfumes on my shelf, mostly gifts from my wife or aunt.
I really liked Baldessarini del mar marbella, however I can't find it anymore, guess they discontinued it.
full_aa7fe3fa9a1e15ae8e718497f379a2df.png

As of recent I often use these 2:
YSL for evenings, it's really nice
yslndhm_aedt10_02__10.jpg

And D&G for everyday
Dolce%20%26%20Gabbana%20The%20One%20Gentleman_enl.jpg

I have 8-10 different perfumes on my shelf, mostly gifts from my wife or aunt.
I really liked Baldessarini del mar marbella, however I can't find it anymore, guess they discontinued it.
full_aa7fe3fa9a1e15ae8e718497f379a2df.png

As of recent I often use these 2:
YSL for evenings, it's really nice
yslndhm_aedt10_02__10.jpg

And D&G for everyday
Dolce%20%26%20Gabbana%20The%20One%20Gentleman_enl.jpg

That Balderissini delmar I think is discontinued, the crazy thing about some of these discontinued colognes is they sell for a killing on EBAY especially unopened. Like I posted about the bobby Jones cologne that got discontinued in 2009 or so, the original bottle is going for well over the original price of 40 bucks, I remember seeing one bottle sold for like close to 2 grand. some are selling for 400.

Love YSL and DG the one but those are common now they smell great but around here a lot of guys wear it, I try to go for fragrances that aren't really mainstream or popular but smell really good, sadly those fragrances get discontinued they only keep fragrances that sell, so you are forced to wear the stuff everyone else does. Fragrance house labels are not going to put out colognes that smell really amazing but nobody is buying its a business and they need money.

I got a few.

Unforgivable by sean john
Jaguar classic
Hugo boss energise
Invictus by paco rabane
Burberry touch
Z by zegna
Kenneth cole black
Express loyalty
Chrome by azarro

Back