What civilizations would be wiped out if this were 1,000s of years ago?

What are you even talking about? Which culture? When? I wish that people who do not know anything about history stop making vague statements like "1000's of years ago war was less compassionate".

I'm so tired of your dumb stuff lol

But he does have a point tho does he not ?

Was there a geneva convention in 1000AD ? Was torture universally frown upon ? Was it not acceptable to displace populations ?

No is the answer to all those questions. You can't deny that.

But he does have a point tho does he not ?

Was there a geneva convention in 1000AD ? Was torture universally frown upon ? Was it not acceptable to displace populations ?

No is the answer to all those questions. You can't deny that.
The main problem with this is taking a date (1000AD) and trying to get some kind of blanket statement on it, without any specification whatsoever.

"Were people stupid in 1000AD"? Who? Where? Those are all relevant factors.

Read all his posts and then get back to me to claim he has a point. He doesn't even know what he's trying to ask. I took his question and really really tried to fill in the blanks and I got to this: He wants to know if current world leaders and generals would look like Hollywood stereotypical Atilla the Hun in a suit, how different would the world look?

I told him we'd all be dead because of nukes. MAD principle.

He answered with "do you think every civilization was intelligent enough to make nukes?". (I put in a grammatical error for realism).

There is literally no point in talking to him.

So would any group not be around today?
What do you mean?
All I am saying is that were the Western powers to fight the Af-Pak war like they fought colonial wars, they would have smashed the Pakistanis and the Taleban. When I lived in Arabia, people knew and acknowledged that if the West really wanted to, they could smash almost anyone.

Canada is getting completely wiped out first with anyone speaking French Canadian cleansed. Justcuck would get the Kadafi treatment.

Next up would be Saudi Arabia. We coming for dat oil gold homie, THE RIGHT WAY. From there we continually move on to the next most powerful and closest Arab country with oil and resources, establishing many fortified strongholds in the area creating a new law in the land replacing Sharia Law that forces the Arab women to have to do mandatory squats, lunges, deads and yoga everyday for 2 hours with a dresscode that involves yoga pants, daisy dukes and anything else these women want to wear by searching on Amazon under keywords; 'sexy women workout clothes'.

After that I think it would be fun to go cuck hunting in Europe.

And while you did that Russia would be firing thousands of nuclear weapons at you.

The main problem with this is taking a date (1000AD) and trying to get some kind of blanket statement on it, without any specification whatsoever.

"Were people stupid in 1000AD"? Who? Where? Those are all relevant factors.

Read all his posts and then get back to me to claim he has a point. He doesn't even know what he's trying to ask. I took his question and really really tried to fill in the blanks and I got to this: He wants to know if current world leaders and generals would look like Hollywood stereotypical Atilla the Hun in a suit, how different would the world look?

I told him we'd all be dead because of nukes. MAD principle.

He answered with "do you think every civilization was intelligent enough to make nukes?". (I put in a grammatical error for realism).

There is literally no point in talking to him.

Haha ok if you say so. I haven't read the posts you are refering to.

But you certainly are a better man than me. When I deem a poster an idiot, I usually dismiss him with a couple of insults and then forget about him. I have no patience for online useless discussions.

Haha ok if you say so. I haven't read the posts you are refering to.

But you certainly are a better man than me. When I deem a poster an idiot, I usually dismiss him with a couple of insults and then forget about him. I have no patience for online useless discussions.
I'm cursedly polite.

considering the Muricans invented the Nukes first had they chose to kill every Japanese back in 45' there might be no Japanese today and considering they had problems with the Chinese in the 50s the Modern China could be alot different with only Taiwan existing.

hi Bloodworth,

i gotta head to work, but off the top of my head i gotta figure that the Japanese would no longer exist - outside of zoos and sanctuaries - because a President Khan would have unloaded a fusillade of atomic bombs on the island.

- IGIT

President? Khan?

LMAO!

heya Quipling,

is that right?

i have to go reread my history, but wasn't Khan a visionary in his time? i thought i remembered reading accounts of how he incorporated the locals to govern as he marauded through Asia.

- IGIT

The Mongols would recruit anyone who had special skills: engineers, doctors, translators, artists, etc. The common folk would either be killed or used as fodder to march in the vanguard and absorb enemy arrows.

You couldn't get two sentences without getting history wrong, I see.

(1) It wasn't 300 days, it was 300 Spartans. 300 had nothing to do with time elapsed.
(2) Like any empire going to "war" with one of its territories, the goal was to curb insurrection, not complete annihilation
(3) The Persians were a comparatively tolerant and diplomatic world power. While they had great military might, they usually sought pragmatic ways to retain control without laying waste to territories, such as by allowing local cultural traditions, religion, and some level of local political variance
(4) Total war is the epitome of economic waste and that was realized by many ancient civilizations. Total annihilation was reserved for symbolic and political victories, such as in the Servile Wars.

Lmao at 300 days.

Jesus you can't make this stuff up.
Hahahahaha

We need a new Movie lol Bloodworth's Sparta's 300 day war.

On the 300th day Leonidas said "This is Sparta!"

But Trosky have you heard about Israel's 6 man war?

Because Russia wouldn't just let the U.S. take over the Middle East and Europe without doing something about it.....

It's pretty fucking obvious lol.

I think they will be scared though, so they might just hide under their bunkers.

Lol...

So this thread is blatantly historically inaccurate, but to answer the question hypothetically and on recent times.

If it were fought as total war / total extermination, the US would have all opposition during WW2 and turned them into dust.

The cold war wouldn't've been so cold, and nukes would've fired from both sides, and no-one would be alive today. We'd be a smoldering crater under a cloud of nuclear holocaust.

The countries without a military would probably fare poorly.

Back