What civilizations would be wiped out if this were 1,000s of years ago?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Bloodworth, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Silver Belt

When civilizations went to war in the past it was for complete annihilation.

Whether is be the Persians who fought the Greeks during the 300 days.
    Or ghengis Kahn hundreds of years later.

If your civilization could not protect its self. Invaders would kill every man, child, animal, and insect.
    Burn and erase any trace of such group.

Today war is not fought to eradicate your enemy , just cripple them

And because of this compassion, some civilizations are far more advanced , and some very far behind.

So if it were still the times of only the strong and smart survive.

Who doesn't make the cut?
    What civilizations would no longer exist?

http://genghiskhan.fieldmuseum.org/behind-the-scenes/establishing-an-empire/battle-tactics

2. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hello there Bloodworth, good morning to you!

by those metrics, using recent history, i'd say the fanatical Islamists might be mighty, since they want to kill their enemies. Hitler seemed pretty fanatical about killing his enemies the jews - he seems like he'd be your GOAT.

HW Bush would be a failure, since he didn't have Schwarzkopf roll into Baghdad. his son, President W Bush, would be your sorta guy.

the folks over at Stormfront would be unsuccessful; they just want the jews and the blacks (and every other minority) to go back where they came from. not enough eradication going on there.

- IGIT

ookii, sniper, HomerThompson and 2 others like this.
  3. loyalyolayal

loyalyolayal Gold Belt

The one who can type the launch codes and press the buttons faster.

ZOD66, ShinkanPo, tonni and 1 other person like this.
  4. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

That is not really the case. Conquering armies often recruited from the conquered and forced some form of assimilation. For example, the Romans did not just murder every "man, woman, child, and insect."

But I guess you could say Japan would be annihilated. The United States could have completely wiped them off the map, but instead they allowed them to surrender and then help them rebuild their nation.

5. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

There were groups that wanted to take over and assimilate areas in the past, but it wasn't easy to erase cultures and wipe out people's. The Turks ran the ottoman empire for a loooong time and didn't wipe out the cultures they loaded over...Sure, Albanians and Greeks gave some remnants of that rule in their cultures, but they survived.

Neph and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  6. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

Yeah.

There were some armies that exterminated some enemy cities-the Mongols most famously, but also during the late bronze age in the Levant. But total destruction was an anomaly, not the rule.

7. Palis

Palis ♔ Into flexible chicks

Canada is getting completely wiped out first with anyone speaking French Canadian cleansed. Justcuck would get the Kadafi treatment.

Next up would be Saudi Arabia. We coming for dat oil gold homie, THE RIGHT WAY. From there we continually move on to the next most powerful and closest Arab country with oil and resources, establishing many fortified strongholds in the area creating a new law in the land replacing Sharia Law that forces the Arab women to have to do mandatory squats, lunges, deads and yoga everyday for 2 hours with a dresscode that involves yoga pants, daisy dukes and anything else these women want to wear by searching on Amazon under keywords; 'sexy women workout clothes'.

After that I think it would be fun to go cuck hunting in Europe.

8. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

ahoy nac386,

yep!

you could look at Alexander, Khan, Napoleon, etc.

you have to assimilate and use the existing hierarchy to govern.

that's why Paul Bremer is a functional retard. when he told the entire Iraqi army, "you guys....y'all can go home now", and initiated De-Ba'athification and put the ISIS movement on PEDs.

- IGIT

HomerThompson likes this.
  9. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

heya Quipling,

is that right?

i have to go reread my history, but wasn't Khan a visionary in his time? i thought i remembered reading accounts of how he incorporated the locals to govern as he marauded through Asia.

They readily adopted the system of administration of the conquered states, placing a handful of Mongols in the top positions but allowing former local officials to run everyday affairs.

This clever system allowed them to control each city and province but also to be in touch with the population through their administrators.

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/khan1/hd_khan1.htm

- IGIT

HomerThompson and Quipling like this.
  10. tonni

tonni Black Belt

<TrumpWrong1>

11. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

heya Blood,

i think you're probably not getting the answers you wanted.

let me ask you - what should FDR have done at the end of WW2? we still had foes, and the US was the only country with the atomic weapon.

should he have flattened the Soviets?

how about Vietnam? obviously the carpet bombing of Cambodia wasn't savage enough of you. should Nixon have just dropped hydrogen bombs on Pyongyang?

- IGIT

HomerThompson and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  12. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Ancient dominant cultures typically did a mixture of things: co-opting the locals, converting them, forcing them to assimilate, enslaving them, male biased mixing. They didn't necessarily try to wipe out all traces of the conquered peoples. For example: Arabs didn't exterminate North Africans and Egyptians when Islam invaded. They converted - usually by force or coercion- and co-opted the peoples. They mixed heavily with the conquered peoples, and succeeded in genociding the locals through cultural genocide but did not succeed in demographic replacement. Such that most North African genetic ancestry is pre-Arab Islamic invasion. In parts of Sub Saharan Africa Arabs and Berbers did genocide lots of ethnics, because slavery caused mass depopulation. They enslaved or killed the men and enslaved the women. Enslaved men were also castrated.

The Turks also did not annihilate the local people of Anatolia. They mixed with them and succeeded in culturally genociding them, by erasing the local culture and identity and replacing it with a Turkic identity.

Population genetics show that every man, woman and child was not put to the sword. People were assimilated , raped and lots of mixing took place. In some cases there was demographic replacement. One such example is Britain where the paleolithic hunter gatherers were all but wiped out.

13. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Silver Belt

The ones not killed were forced into.....

14. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Silver Belt

They try to though .
    After every possible threat is eliminated, the left over are used and abused, enslaved .

15. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Silver Belt

Not my call, I'm just asking what would have happened 1,000s of years ago when war was less compassionate .

16. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

I won't debate that they largely integrated with preexisting administrative structures. There's a reason I specified cities, though- they did like wiping those out. (eg, Merv-everyone killed except for a few hundred artisans). There's a reason that the population of China dropped by tens of millions during their invasion. But that's still far short of TS's claim.

HomerThompson, AnGrYcRoW and IGIT like this.
  17. tonni

tonni Black Belt

I hate these kinds of blanked, uneducated statements on history.

18. tonni

tonni Black Belt

What are you even talking about? Which culture? When? I wish that people who do not know anything about history stop making vague statements like "1000's of years ago war was less compassionate".

I'm so tired of your dumb stuff lol

HomerThompson, AnGrYcRoW and IGIT like this.
  19. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

If the West fought the Af-Pak war like how they fought during the time of colonialism, then the war would have been over. Now , someone will chime in and say the Brits never defeated Afghan tribes, but that kinda ignores the fact the Brits didn't really care about them much because there was nothing worth taking. From the Near East to South Asia and beyond, the Brits destroyed and dominated cultures because they didn't fight by today's rules of engagement and care about human rights. If the West fought like the Taleban, Al Qaeda, ISIS - then the West could destroy Jihadists. When Britain controlled Iraq in the era of colonialism and vied with the Russians in Syria, the British used chemical weapons.

20. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Silver Belt

So you believe war was more compassionate in the past, then today?

Just because truth hurts, doesn't mean you have to get triggered.