what city has the best "Mt. Russmore" from all 4 sports?

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
oops, rushmore, not russmore

if you could only pick one player from each of the 4 major american sports (fb, baseball, basketball, hockey), which city would have the best? I think detroit makes a great claim

- also, you only get the accomplishments of a player while playing IN THAT CITY (ie. Gretzky in NY doesnt get his Edmonton stats

Detroit- Howe, Cobb, Sanders, Thomas

the only one you cant make a GOAT argument for there is Thomas. Otherwise they are all right there

i know mt rushmore lists have been done, but i dont think in this way. if it has, my apologies

Last edited:
hard to do w/ hockey included, especially b/c historically there were so many canadian teams and virtually no other from other leagues. or they were introduced as the NHL started moving teams to the US (i.e. raps and grizz).

maybe homecity/HS instead?

like i find it odd that San Diego only has roughly 5% black population (obviously it has a higher hispanic and asian population for overall diversity), yet it has produced an almost astonishingly high number of at least college great RBs, literally some of the best in history: Marcus Allen, Rashaan Salaam, Reggie Bush, Rickey Williams, Michael Pittman, Arian Foster, Terrell Davis

Thats a good question.

Orr, Williams/Ruth, Brady and Bird/Russell - Boston

Last edited:
i guess LA you could go Robataille, a litany of Lakers, Erick Dickerson for football maybe, and it's arguable who the best angel/LA Dodger is (piazza?)

or that Paul Kariya guy for the Ducks? however you spell it. admittingly i'm not big on hockey haha

I'm assuming Gretzky is being counted for Edmonton

i guess LA you could go Robataille, a litany of Lakers, Erick Dickerson for football maybe, and it's arguable who the best angel/LA Dodger is (piazza?)

or that Paul Kariya guy for the Ducks? however you spell it. admittingly i'm not big on hockey haha

You could definelty add Gretz to Kings -- his point production there was outstanding.

Thats a good question.

Orr, Williams/Ruth, Brady and Bird/Russell - Boston
i saw you have aaron at first and was confused. ruth wouldnt count because although he was a great pitcher there, all of his batting was done in NY. thats a real good list though

like was said, you can count gretzky, but just his points as a king. i dont think dickerson as he spent a good bit of time in indy. i would probably put koufax for the dodgers ahead of piazza

i saw you have aaron at first and was confused. ruth wouldnt count because although he was a great pitcher there, all of his batting was done in NY. thats a real good list though

Im not a baseball guy so i got my legends mixed up -- williams fits though.

Hockey is not a major sport. Most experts question whether it's even a sport at all

like was said, you can count gretzky, but just his points as a king. i dont think dickerson as he spent a good bit of time in indy. i would probably put koufax for the dodgers ahead of piazza
Dickerson had 3 1800+ rushing seasons in only 4 full seasons on the Rams, including the record breaking season

Perhaps there's a Raider i'm missing, but that's arguably the greatest rushing peak ever (pure rushing not combined yardage or it's actually Ladanian Tomlinson or Faulk)

NYC has Ruth, Gretzky, Lawrence Taylor and Ewing/Frazier/Monroe/Reed (take your pick).

If Gretzky doesn't count, Messier? I don't know hockey but I know they were both really good.

Dickerson had 3 1800+ rushing seasons in only 4 full seasons on the Rams, including the record breaking season

Perhaps there's a Raider i'm missing, but that's arguably the greatest rushing peak ever (pure rushing not combined yardage or it's actually Ladanian Tomlinson or Faulk)
and great call on Koufax, i totally forgot the Dodgers moved to LA that long ago
eve Hershisher might go above Piazza haha

i was tripping

Jordan, Sweetness, Mikita, Bobby Jenks

philly isn't too bad either

you got Wilt or more modern day Barkley/Iverson, Lindros perhaps for the Flyers, mike schmidt or steve carlton maybe, and reggie white or dawkins?

you got Wilt or more modern day Barkley/Iverson, Lindros perhaps for the Flyers, mike schmidt or steve carlton maybe, and reggie white or dawkins?

For the Flyers it's Bernie Parent or Bobby Clarke.

Eagles could also be Chuck Bednarick or Steve Van Buren.

Eagles is FredEx

are we counting the Rangers for DAL?

cuz they have Modano, Dirk, Arod/Pudge/Juan Gonzalez, and Emmit Smith

Magic- Best NBA player of all time.
Koufax- Best MLB player of all time.
Gretzky- Best NHL player of all time.
OJ(USC)- 2nd best RB of all time.

shouldn't Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson or another Cali based driver be in Foster's sig? why the Intimidator haha

Back