What character is the face of MARVEL?

yeah its weird why are all the Spidermans dweebs, tobey macguire, that skinny andrew garfiled, and this young short 5 foot 4 19 year old. Spiderman aka Peter Parker was 5 foot 11 and 175 pounds in the comics.

I never understood it, Spiderman was basically Marvels superman he was their most popular comic, yet they are making him some boyish guy, in the comics he was pretty athletic looking as peter parker he looked more like a Ryan Reynolds type physique and stature.
latest

petercostume.jpg

51c23ca8a3156d24a425d14f00ef5345--amazing-spiderman-marvel-art.jpg

250px-SupermanSpider-Man.jpg
Steve Ditko created Spider-Man, and the more recent images you use come from an unfortunate time when editors thought that all super heroes should have the same bodybuilder body type.

jameson.png

DitkoSpidey.jpg

Steve Ditko created Spider-Man, and the more recent images you use come from an unfortunate time when editors thought that all super heroes should have the same bodybuilder body type.

jameson.png

DitkoSpidey.jpg

I think that type of athletic-slender physique makes more sense for Spidey.

When I think of spiderman I think of agility.

I think it was Spiderman before the MCU and now it's Ironman.
The MCU has many important heads now, but it is losing the three most important after Infinity War 2: Downy, Evans, and Hemsworth. These actors made the characters they play for the big screen, and Disney almost did too good of a job putting together the MCU. It has peeked and they are not going to be able to outdo themselves after those three leave.

Ruffalo's contract is also ending after Infinity War 2, but he has expressed interest in renewing.

The MCU has many important heads now, but it is losing the three most important after Infinity War 2: Downy, Evans, and Hemsworth. These actors made the characters they play for the big screen, and Disney almost did too good of a job putting together the MCU. It has peeked and they are not going to be able to outdo themselves after those three leave.

Ruffalo's contract is also ending after Infinity War 2, but he has expressed interest in renewing.

he seems like a good person but kind of sucks ass in these movies imo

the acting here made me cringe so hard and I don't know shit about acting:

He is not a top tier actor, but his persona fits the role better than anyone we have seen so far. Also, everyone has bad takes. Sometimes directing and editing is to blame.

yes I know I collected comic books back in the 80s and 90s

But Wolverine was never a mainstream guy until Jackman popularized him in X men his portrayal made him a known hero, before it was just Spiderman, incredible hulk, thor, captain america, iron man heck even fantastic 4 was more popular among the mainstream.

Iron Man was most certainly not more popular than wolverine in the 90s. I don't think Cap or Thor was either. Wolverine was prob the most popular character during the 90s, that's when the Xmen were huge.

When Jim Lee was drawing Xmen he was already really big as a character. The cartoon and video games as well. The movie put him over the top for sure

Last edited:

I know RDJ and Evans are done after A4, but I haven't heard anything about Hemsworth leaving.

Spidey
Wolverine

The Thing used to be a staple, too, but then shit happened.

Back