What Celebrities Have You Encountered?

When I was four years old, I met He-Man and Skeletor. Skeletor made me cry like a little bitch.

I met cal worthingtons son once. He wasn't wearing the hat.

Also met the guy that voiced all of AOL's dial tones during the 90's

Met Bruce Lee when I was 9. Cool guy who took a lot of pictures with the family. Got a picture of me pretending to land a kick on him. Great guy. Have had to rely on pictures and tats to remember since the accident so I'ts great having them still.

Met Bruce Lee when I was 9. Cool guy who took a lot of pictures with the family. Got a picture of me pretending to land a kick on him. Great guy. Have had to rely on pictures and tats to remember since the accident so I'ts great having them still.
You too?
Accident brahs, etc

Rafa comes across publicly as a nice young man, care to elaborate on how he was 'douchey'.

I often need a little convincing when people make these descriptions, often I put it down to saying more about the other person i.e. you, in this instance, than the person being described.

Maybe you mistook the slight language barrier and fact you're a complete stranger to him (whereas you 'know' him) for douchiness.

I'm Mexican and I spoke to him in Spanish, so there was no language barrier.

I asked him what he was doing in Miami, if he had a competition or was attending Ultra (the festival was right behind the hotel), he just responded: 'trabajo/work'.

I could see that he was bothered so I only said nice meeting you and asked him for a picture. He kinda rolled his eyes and gave me a stare and just gave a small nod; you could tell that he was annoyed by my request.
I took a quick pic, said thanks and sat down nearby to wait for my friend. I would upload the picture so you could see the fucking mug he had on but I don't know where it is (this was 3-4 years ago).

A few other small groups of people approached him after me and he gave all the same treatment, even to this group of hot chicks that were all dressed up (or undressed) for Ultra.

No trying to convince you and I really don't care if you think it happened or if I'm making it up. It was not my intention to make him look bad, he probably just had a bad day or was hungry or whatever. I just pointed that out because it was the only thing that comes to mind about my encounter.

Saw Magic Johnson at a 7-11 once.
I said, "Hi, Earvin!"

He kind of looked at the floor and responded in a voice so sad it sounded like his dog had just died, "Hi".

Thrilling for us both

LMAO

Be thankful he didn't spit in your eye and give you AIDS.

LMAO

Be thankful he didn't spit in your eye and give you AIDS.
He'd have had to fuck me.

Thing is he just seemed so depressed.
For whatever reason, I had time to think of how I'd greet him, and put too much cheerfulness into my voice, like we were cousins or something. He may have been startled.
Or sick of being confronted by every fan like a cousin...

Met Tony Hawk back when Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 came out at a Best buy. He was there to promote the game and I waited in line to get his autograph. Signed the game disc and shook his hand. still have the game till this day.

I have met a ton of celebrities they all live in los Angeles ,long beach is a also a popular shooting location so I would see like the cast of dexter walking around or ben stiller filming a movie, morris chestnut filming rosewood or some of the cast of agents of shield, the southbay area also had a lot of shows filmed celebrities and athletes living there I would see in stores and bars.

if mma fighters count as celebrities I have met hundreds of them.

I'm Mexican and I spoke to him in Spanish, so there was no language barrier.

I asked him what he was doing in Miami, if he had a competition or was attending Ultra (the festival was right behind the hotel), he just responded: 'trabajo/work'.

I could see that he was bothered so I only said nice meeting you and asked him for a picture. He kinda rolled his eyes and gave me a stare and just gave a small nod; you could tell that he was annoyed by my request.
I took a quick pic, said thanks and sat down nearby to wait for my friend. I would upload the picture so you could see the fucking mug he had on but I don't know where it is (this was 3-4 years ago).

A few other small groups of people approached him after me and he gave all the same treatment, even to this group of hot chicks that were all dressed up (or undressed) for Ultra.

No trying to convince you and I really don't care if you think it happened or if I'm making it up. It was not my intention to make him look bad, he probably just had a bad day or was hungry or whatever. I just pointed that out because it was the only thing that comes to mind about my encounter.

in a way, i don't blame people who are that popular to be terse and somewhat smug to the general population. if the public in general thinks you're great and wants to talk with you and take photos with you, that sure as hell is going to inflate your ego. it's a perpetual cycle. you are adored by fans, and in your mind you begin to think that you're better than they are, since it is they who are trying to interact with you.

I was eating pizza at a place in Beverly Hills with some workbros one night and Jay Leno just walks up and starts shooting the shit with us. He was waiting for his wife or something. Some lone dude at the bar kept trying to interrupt him with some smart-ass David Letterman comments and our table just stared the guy down - lol. <34>

THEN, and keep in mind that this was 1995, I moved to Hermosa Beach and over the next year or so, ran across him 3 or 4 more times. Hopefully, it didn't seem too weird - the expression on my face and all.

Last time he was walking into the US Bank downtown as I was walking out. I just kept my head down, said, "Hey, man," and kept walking.

I met Nelson Mandela at the Rogers centre (skydome a the time). He gave me a red clown nose.

I was eating pizza at a place in Beverly Hills with some workbros one night and Jay Leno just walks up and starts shooting the shit with us. He was waiting for his wife or something. Some lone dude at the bar kept trying to interrupt him with some smart-ass David Letterman comments and our table just stared the guy down - lol. <34>

THEN, and keep in mind that this was 1995, I moved to Hermosa Beach and over the next year or so, ran across him 3 or 4 more times. Hopefully, it didn't seem too weird - the expression on my face and all.

Last time he was walking into the US Bank downtown as I was walking out. I just kept my head down, said, "Hey, man," and kept walking.
You know he runs across the occasional "I'm your biggest fan, take me for a ride in one of your fancy cars!" types, and when he demurs, "Fuck you and your huge chin!"

What Celebrities Have You Encountered?

Back in like 2005, I was biking down a pathway along the waterfront in Alexandria, VA, and I saw that I was approaching CNN personality James Carville (who was jogging in the opposite direction). He was taller than expected (a little over 6 feet). I had a smirk on my face and was considering saying something smartass to him because I never could stand the dude. As I got closer, I could tell that he noticed that I had recognized him. He grimaced and looked down at the ground, as if to brace for something I was about to say. I just laughed and kept biking past him.

James-Carville-Hillary-Emails-e1426446578380-620x439.png

Jones Jones, Barnett, Korean Zombie, Firas, Bang Ludwig and more. Trained and hang out with some of them.

Back