What card is better, Ufc 216 or Rockhold vs Branch?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I honestly think their are more fights I'm interested in on the Rockhold vs Branch card. Aside from the main event this card also has..

Platinum vs Thiago Alves
Hector Lombard vs Anthony smith (war written all over it)
Uriah Hall vs Jotko
Tony Martin vs Aubin Mercier
Usman vs Moraes

Seems pretty good for a free card. 216 aside from Ferguson vs Lee and the Vannata fight doesn't have much else I'm excited for. Brooks vs Lentz is decent. If Bibulatov gets by Dodson hell be a contender for sure. Tom Duqesnoy seems like a decent prospect.

Other than that UFC 216 is honestly a glorified fight night/fox card with a fake belt so they can sell it as a PPV, with alot of fighters coming off losses. I'm not usually one to bitch about a card but for 50-60 bucks, this card fucking sucks.

Kevin Lee is on UFC 216 so it's already the card of the year
giphy.gif

why list one event and not the other ?

I didn't list the event I listed the fights/fighters I was most interested in seeing, and personally the Branch vs Rockhold fight night has more interesting fights to me.

Any card with Lando on it, is a good card. And why is that you ask? Because it's...

ode-to-lando-calrissian-image-10.jpg

Kevin Lee makes 42/42 to beat Micahel Chiesa and now he thinks he's the money fight. That's sad af

I didn't list the event I listed the fights/fighters I was most interested in seeing, and personally the Branch vs Rockhold fight night has more interesting fights to me.

for comparison purposes .. and maybe a pic or two !!

I like Branch and Rockhold(for beating the Weidmans arse), but if branch pulls off the upset and puts Luke to sleep it'll be hard not to laugh after watching that barbershop vid from Branch.

One has platinum
One doesn't
<20>

I like both. But going with the free one that has Platinum - Alves. Someone is getting slept.

After Jotko KO's Hall, it's time for Hall's walking papers. Why again is that guy in the top 15? He's 2-4 in his last 6 and 3 losses in a row. A perfect example of hype.

After Jotko KO's Hall, it's time for Hall's walking papers. Why again is that guy in the top 15? He's 2-4 in his last 6 and 3 losses in a row. A perfect example of hype.

He's #14 cause he has a win over #15, and also a win against Moose who was ranked quite high even if that got avenged. If he loses to Jotko he's out though.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh is a great card but nah, 216 is still better. Ferg/Lee is by far the best fight on either of the cards. There isn't a fight in Pittsburgh I'm not at least a little interested in though, while UFC 216 has a couple of dud fights. Both cards are better than Tokyo

Back