What car would you buy for under 10 grand?

either that or a Ford Taurus
Fuck that, Olds 88 all the way.
maxresdefault.jpg

Crappy blue Chevy Nova.

It can't get much worse than the Spirit of America Nova's
Quarter-view-4.jpg

Quarter-view-2.jpg

ea2d3f60d24d330da1b1ef6e311bf7cb.jpg

I'm seeing some relatively new hyundai elantra's listed for under 10k. There is one posted in portland for 9k that is 2016.

Where bouts are you at?
Sacramento. I'd commute all the way down to San Jose / San Francisco to pick up a car but that's about it. I'm not looking for something crazy exotic and I think a 2 hour drive is a ways to pick something up.

Sacramento. I'd commute all the way down to San Jose / San Francisco to pick up a car but that's about it. I'm not looking for something crazy exotic and I think a 2 hour drive is a ways to pick something up.

2 mins on craigslist bruh

Screenshot_20170725-204024.png

My car has taken quit a bit of damage cosmetically and it's to the point where it's kind of embarrassing to
pull up anywhere in it. First my brother side swipes it and then later my sister or whomever I let borrow it
last, hits something and scrapes + cracks the front bumper. Along with that, it has a crack in the wind
shield that gets bigger by the week and the paint is starting to get pretty faded. Mechanically it needs some
work but nothing too serious. I want to get another newer car first and then I'll consider putting money into
it if I feel like holding on to it.

I'm currently looking at a 2007 C230 that I could easily get for under 10 grand in the northern CA region.

used-2007-mercedes~benz-c~class-c230v6sport6speedsedan-1186-12555111-2-1024.jpg

used-2007-mercedes~benz-c~class-c230sportpackagesedan-1186-12683597-3-1024.jpg

I'm well aware of the cost of maintenance and performance figures of this car as it's nothing to write home about. However, I see a good amount of them on the road in my area and think they are still very good looking despite being 10 + years old.

TLDR: What 2nd hand car would you buy for under 10 grand?

qC832tG.gif
Dude, fill your family tree with uppercuts. Wtf!
I'm not the best to answer this, 'cause I guess I'm a retro kinda guy in some ways. Personally, if I had the 10,000, I'd buy a bag of dope, get a crew together... set up shop, and watch my money grow.
But otherwise, I'd either A) get my current car fixed up and hand out jabs and crosses to close relatives preemptively.

B) buy a classic, reliable Honda (or Toyota). You can get something kinda sporty, it would either cost half of what you wanna spend, to restore one yourself... or you could buy one that's already restored, and it would cost about that. With a restored classic, that's something not many people have, and those two brands are reliable. If you were looking to spend much more, maybe a new car would be best, but I would go retro have a mechanic I trust help me find one that's in good shape and go to work on it.

edit:
Also, stay away from cars with checkered floors underneath them. That shit is overflowing with loomanotty confirmation,

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back