What car would you buy for under 10 grand?

SketchBounce

Fuck me up fam.
Banned
Reaction score
My car has taken quit a bit of damage cosmetically and it's to the point where it's kind of embarrassing to
pull up anywhere in it. First my brother side swipes it and then later my sister or whomever I let borrow it
last, hits something and scrapes + cracks the front bumper. Along with that, it has a crack in the wind
shield that gets bigger by the week and the paint is starting to get pretty faded. Mechanically it needs some
work but nothing too serious. I want to get another newer car first and then I'll consider putting money into
it if I feel like holding on to it.

I'm currently looking at a 2007 C230 that I could easily get for under 10 grand in the northern CA region.

used-2007-mercedes~benz-c~class-c230v6sport6speedsedan-1186-12555111-2-1024.jpg

used-2007-mercedes~benz-c~class-c230sportpackagesedan-1186-12683597-3-1024.jpg

I'm well aware of the cost of maintenance and performance figures of this car as it's nothing to write home about. However, I see a good amount of them on the road in my area and think they are still very good looking despite being 10 + years old.

TLDR: What 2nd hand car would you buy for under 10 grand?

qC832tG.gif

Just something dependable like a small Toyota. Until you can afford a sweet ride.

For the daily driver / 2nd car I would play it safe.

An Accord or Camry

Over/under at 7 posts, before somebody posts the phrase we all know will be posted.

Go with a 2012-2013 Chrysler 200 S. Drive really well, easy to,maintain and should be able to get it for $9k-$10k.

Acura TL A-spec
Subaru Legacy
Volvo s40/s60/c30
Audi A3/A4

Ford Focus 1.0L 6 speed.
42mpg highway
<GinJuice>

Last edited:
Acura TL A-spec
Subaru Legacy
Volvo s40/s60/c30
Audi A3/A4

These are more up my alley. I'm actually a big fan of the C30 but I'd want the R design and I think those are a little harder to come by for under 10 grand without a lot of miles on them. I feel like the same could be said about the Audi as well but overall pretty good suggestions.

Crappy blue Chevy Nova.

2006 or newer honda civic manual transmission . Has a timing chain so no large maint cost. Good has gas mileage inexpensive parts, easy to work on, will last a long time.

Acura TL A-spec
Subaru Legacy
Volvo s40/s60/c30
Audi A3/A4
This chick I was messing with had a TL and it was a pretty comfortable ride to drive. The maintenance I assume would be pretty inexpensive as well since it's pretty much an upgraded Accord. Subaru's are also the shit.

These are more up my alley. I'm actually a big fan of the C30 but I'd want the R design and I think those are a little harder to come by for under 10 grand without a lot of miles on them. I feel like the same could be said about the Audi as well but overall pretty good suggestions.
C30 R design goes for abou 8k

Back