What book/novel do you want turned into a movie, series, or mini series

I seem to recall Harry Potter being a movie series

All I know is that given the amount of success that stage show sequel Rowling did seems to be having, they will probably wind up throwing a shit ton of money at Radcliffe and make a film version of it.

All I know is that given the amount of success that stage show sequel Rowling did seems to be having, they will probably wind up throwing a shit ton of money at Radcliffe and make a film version of it.

I heard it was godawful

Joe Abercrombie's first law trilogy maybe even setbthe series before it starts, I always wanted to learn more about the origins of the bloody nine and how the band was formed etc. Bernard Cornwell's Arthurian trilogy would also be amazing
Abercrombie apparently in the works.

I would love to see a dark dry comedy take on an adaptation of a Carl Hiaasen novel.

Sick Puppy would be a great choice
let%C3%B6lt%C3%A9s.jpg

I'd watch a Harry Potter series on HBO. I'd cast Michelle Fairley as Mcgonagall, Eva Green as Bellatrix.

^Came here to suggest this. Malazan series has potential to ride GoT coattails.

Eva Green as Bellatrix sounds amazing

Joe Abercrombie's first law trilogy maybe even setbthe series before it starts, I always wanted to learn more about the origins of the bloody nine and how the band was formed etc. Bernard Cornwell's Arthurian trilogy would also be amazing
That would make for a great series.

The Godless World Trilogy by Brian Ruckley. Viking themed human kingdom, violent hippy elves, blood magic sorcerers, it is a good time and would work well as a series.

The Free would work as a great stand alone movie. Mercenary band defends a small town from an army. The magic was unique and played very nicely with the world.

I heard it was godawful

I've heard some say it was real bad and others who legitimately really liked it. Would have to withhold judgment myself till I see it or read the script, but given the amount of awards nominations and the money it is probably raking in, I'd assume it's just a matter of time.

I'd like to see a mini-series made from tom rob smith's set of cold war novels from the perspective of an nkvd/kgb agent:

13070908.jpg

Title pretty much says it all

For me it would be Rainbow Six as an HBO mini series. One episode to introduce everyone. Then an episode for each of their missions and one episode to wrap it all up. I'd love if that helped set up a Jack Ryan series for HBO.

Also Count of Monte Cristo would be amazing as a series as well.

Neuromancer. But I would want special effect like Tron for the cyberspace part and like Blade Runner for the real world. No CGI.

Mine was Altered Carbon and that got made recently so imma go with

d0e19bab216f69a01d3ec248b7af641c.jpg

^ been a few failed attempts to get this into production. Apparently Tim Miller is the latest director who wants to do it after he makes some Terminator movie

For for non-science fiction I'd say Glamorama

9780330474146glamorama_7.jpg

Hey, same answer up top.

I think Roger Avery has the rights for Glamorama. Great book. About to read it for like the 5th time.

With Game Of Thrones being so good, I'd love an adaptation of another of Martin's works, Fevre Dream. It's probably my favourite Vampire novel.
I also think a series based on the Aliens movies could be amazing. The movies, from Alien 3 onwards,IMG_20180618_082307.jpg have disappointed, but there's so much potential there.
As already said, the BBC's I Claudius was great. I remember watching it engrossed as a teen. The odd flash of a firm tit or 2 made it all the better. Remaking it now with a big budget would be fantastic.

With Game Of Thrones being so good, I'd love an adaptation of another of Martin's works, Fevre Dream. It's probably my favourite Vampire novel.
I also think a series based on the Aliens movies could be amazing. The movies, from Alien 3 onwards,View attachment 395085 have disappointed, but there's so much potential there.
As already said, the BBC's I Claudius was great. I remember watching it engrossed as a teen. The odd flash of a firm tit or 2 made it all the better. Remaking it now with a big budget would be fantastic.
If we are talking vampire show we have to talk about salem's lot. Amazing book would make an amazing show

220px-The_Sword_of_Truth_cover.jpg

Sword of Truth series would be amazing if done with HBO and a good budget. It's basically Game of Thrones but a little more focused on a few people. Pretty good series of books that would fit well on screen.

Title pretty much says it all

For me it would be Rainbow Six as an HBO mini series. One episode to introduce everyone. Then an episode for each of their missions and one episode to wrap it all up. I'd love if that helped set up a Jack Ryan series for HBO.

Also Count of Monte Cristo would be amazing as a series as well.

When I read actual books, I had always hoped for a Red Cell movie series.

I think Roger Avery has the rights for Glamorama. Great book. About to read it for like the 5th time.

Hopefully that shit gets made. When Avery was filming Rules of Attraction he also filmed what eventually became Glitterati, which was basically Victor Ward's bit from RoA. It was Kip Pardue in character as Ward, wandering around Europe, picking up random chicks and banging them. There was like 70 hours of footage of this. But there's no way it could ever be released because it was so spontaneous and random that they don't have releases from any of the girls who got smashed and they'd be in massive legal trouble if the footage ever saw the light of day. Prob didn't film the actual banging of course, but Kip stayed in character as Ward 24/7 apparently so he would've got the job done

Back