what? BJ Penn taking BJJ tutorial requests?

MMAPurity

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Can't wait for The Prodigy to do my move request. Glad he is doing these again for the fans.

Would love to roll at least one time with penn.

Hell yeah! Can't wait for The Prodigy to do my move request. Glad he is doing these again for the fans.

It's funny because it's that move that I thought should've won BJ the 1st GSP fight. GSP did close to zero damage in that 3rd round, but was able to score takedowns and hold top control. BJ finished the fight with GSP in a gogo, while landing some shots. i thought that was enough to give him the fight. I was wrong.

It's funny because it's that move that I thought should've won BJ the 1st GSP fight. GSP did close to zero damage in that 3rd round, but was able to score takedowns and hold top control. BJ finished the fight with GSP in a gogo, while landing some shots. i thought that was enough to give him the fight. I was wrong.

GSP 1
Edgar 1
Uno 2

All fights BJ should have won and was robbed by the judges.

Damn I wish he used his grappling more in the end of his career; His striking reflexes went down the drain years ago

~DaViD~

I swear to God Edgar robbed the victory from BJ in his first fight, but also his soul.

BJ stuffed all his takedowns and landed more strikes.

If that doesn't win a fight to you I'm not sure you actually understand what you're watching.

a disgrace to that 2008 start date as well.

at least watch the fight.

GSP 1
Edgar 1
Uno 2

Totally agree, and they would have all drastically changed the path of his career at the time also.

GSP 1
Edgar 1
Uno 2

Don't forget Pulver 1 where he tapped him right after the buzzer. Another second would have gotten him the victory. I'm a huge BJ fan, but I had GSP winning that first fight by a hair based on judgining criteria. It's too bad BJ didn't have better conditioning for that fight.

I'd love for him to demonstrate the twinkle toes "walking tall" technique

BJ stuffed all his takedowns and landed more strikes.

If that doesn't win a fight to you I'm not sure you actually understand what you're watching.
Agreed. BJ "controlled the center of the Octagon," stuffed 12 of 13 takedown attempts (the one takedown Frankie landed lasted exactly 3 seconds), landed more strikes in each of the first 3 rounds, and was the harder striker.

I really don't see a reasonable argument for Frankie winning any of the first 3 rounds. In fact, I think a reasonable argument can be made that BJ also won the 4th, although it could have gone either way. In that round, Frankie landed 1 more strike than BJ, but BJ controlled the center for the majority of the round, stuffed all takedowns, and landed the harder strikes. The 3 Sherdog writers scored it 49-46, 49-47, and 48-47, all for BJ. In my estimation, these are the only reasonable scores for that fight.

He was probably bored, up all night doing "stuff"' and said (wild eyed) "I REALLY need to reach out to my fans and help their bjj so when the aliens come, human kind can fight them off with bjj! (wild eyed yes men around him nod in approval ) But wait! Haoles dont count! I have this idea of opening 10000 BJ gyms across the world with full burrito bars. We can donate extra burritos to feed homeless people. Call Daddy. Lets do it!"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back