What average fighters do you think Conor would struggle/possibly lose to?

Nate Diaz is literally the worst possible average record fighter for Conor to take.

-Granite chin
-Bigger
-Longer reach
-Immune to shit talk

You need 4/4 to beat Conor.

Khabib doesn’t have all 4.

Average fighters? not sure if any would be Conor.
kevin Lee would give conor trouble.

I have read on this forum since 2006, never bothered with registrating. But everyone saying Conor lost to Nate don't know what they talking about. Yes he lost, but in weltherweight coming up from featherweight. Not in lw. Huge difference, many fighters can give a smaller champion big problems when stepping up two weight divisions. The Nate situation cannot be used as a accuse to how good of a fighter Connor is. Lw is another ball game when it comes to Connor. Cardio is a big problem when gaining weight so fast. Takes very long time to get the body accustomed to a new weight class. Thats why he performed better the second time and won.

Kevin Lee might have a chance to beat Conor becuse of his wrestling but I'd still pick Conor to beat him because his chin is nothing to write home about. I think Khabib and Fergusson are the only ones that beat Conor at LW.

Kevin Lee is not average lol. Close fight though. Close as in it could go either way but just like the Khabib fight, it would be a one sided contest either way.

Oh c'mon now. We all saw Nate get demolished in every aspect of MMA by Benson Henderson...bendo only ever won by close split decisions against top guys, except when he destroyed Nate.

Then RDA did the same and showed everyone that Nate just isn't at that top level. Let alone Thomson schooling him in the standup before knocking his ass out.

Diaz looked great beating Guillard and old Gomi and Miller, but he never was championship material.

And don't even talk about Nate at 170, that shit was laughable. Nate fought low or unranked WWs and got his ass thrown around. Rory had two scores of 30-26 against him, back when he was super green and untested. Diaz was a pathetic WW.

You conor fanbois want to make Diaz look like some badass, and it's hilarious. Nate is 19-11, and his best win is what...a 29-28 against Cerrone when he couldn't even hurt Donald? Cerrone doesn't even have a good chin lol.

Quit propping up this gatekeeper. Diaz beat conor because conor is a very limited fighter.

I can't fucking stand when Conno fanbois try and prop up Nate to be an elite fighter. He's been a perennial gatekeeper for a long time. I can honestly say at no point in Nate's MMA career have I ever thought he was champion material, nor should anyone else.

Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee is a monster and is still very young. not an average fighter at all. And he'd be an interesting matchup against Connor. He's obviously got the wrestling to ragdoll Connor but he's also got that freakishly long 77 inch reach which may screw with Connor's distance control.

And you realize all of these guys were the top guys at the time? He arguably beat Guida and Maynard and eventually did. And Nate was young as hell? Younger than 25, no older than 27 in any of these fights except against RDA (which he was sick/injured for) and Conor? Hell he would’ve been champion of the WEC merger was delayed. He would’ve beat Stun Gun if it was a five round fight. Hell he would’ve beaten many guys if it was a five round fight.

Nate isn’t the best LW ever, but he’s a very solid fighter. The only reason he isn’t though is because of poor checking, TDD, and the fact he’s pretty much always working a round behind in every fight. His boxing and jiu-Jitsu are some of the best in MMA. To act like that threat is easily replicated against Conor from even top fighters much less average ones like you mentioned is ridiculous.
His win over Maynard is pretty meaningless. At that point, Maynard had too much wear and tear and was far from an elite fighter and no longer in his prime. Maynard should have retired long ago.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4f67305f6259724a5065314f79513d3d2d3134342e313439396662336665633133653734343936333230343431303035352e676966

<FookIsThatGuy>

You are out of your mind.
Or you just don't know mma, beside what you are told to believe. If you think McGregor is unbeatable, then I question your mind. Explain why each person I mention would not make McGregor struggle or possibly lose. I'm sure you haven't even seen many of those I mention fight, let alone be familiar with who they are, unless you Google them or search them.

I don't think any average fighter's stand-up can come close to McGregor's, so it comes down to how good their ground game has to be.

The answer to that is their ground game has to be a lot better than Eddie's because he wasn't able to close enough distance to drag Conor down. I would maybe suggest Gillespie?

Non - average I would say Ortega, Kevin Lee?

So many haters

Mcgregor went up 2 weigh classes and punched the head of Diaz and then gassed and lost

So some shertards think that means he would lose to James fucking Vick and Clay Guida ?

Also someone mentioned Justin Ghutrie or whatever his name is ( the guy who defends punches by walking into them )

Delusional Sherbros gonna sherbro

Exactly it's not comparing like with like because he came so quickly from featherweight to welterweight. His body was accustomed to being at a lighter weight. That's a 25lb difference from featherweight to welterweight, which is the amount of muscle (25lbs) that many muscle bodybuilders can but on in their ENTIRE career. It takes many months and even years to build up the muscle and then cut to fat to be an optimised welterweight. He had to gain fat to make weight instead of slabs of extra muscle which would have made an hugely significant difference to his prowess in the octagon. What he did was an incredible feat.

Back