What are your top 5 open world games? (3rd person)

oh i wasn't paying attention i can rewrite my list

shadows of mordor
Vice city
Witcher 3
Dragons quest heros 2(seems under rated)

shadows of mordor
Vice city
Witcher 3
Dragons quest heros 2(seems under rated)
Just bought Shadow of Mordor GOTY with all DLC brand new for $16 from Best Buy. Somehow i passed this game up when it was new, excited to give it a shot

Just bought Shadow of Mordor GOTY with all DLC brand new for $16 from Best Buy. Somehow i passed this game up when it was new, excited to give it a shot

give me some time to think i put one of them up there purely because i feel like its really under rated

I'd give Just Cause 3 a honorable mention, but it was close to unplayable on console with framrates in the 20s and lower consistently.

Good game, I'm sure if you had a beefy PC to play it, it was probably excellent.

Witcher 3
Skyrim
Oblivion
Mafia 2

Witcher 3
GTA V
Red Dead Redemption
Sunset Overdrive
Assassin's Creed Black Flag

-The Witcher 3
-Assassin's Creed black flag
-Legend of Zelda ocarina of Time

-Oblivion, Skyrim, and fallout 3 have third person also but they're not technically 3rd person games imo

Saints Row 1 and 2 were the shit. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I hate where the series ended up going.

I'd give GTA 3 more love. For me, it was the first time playing open world third person shooter. Though I thought Vice City was a better game later, GTA 3 opened the door for the genre.

Super Mario 64 was kind of the same for me as well. Maybe not quite full blown open world, but still pretty amazing at the time.

My favorite open wold, 3rd person game is Red Dead Redemption. Looking forward to the next installment.

What are we defining as open world?

Because under a very broad definition you could include Mass Effect and Dark Souls, in which case I'd have them as 1 and 2 respectively. If not, and you get more narrow in your definition then I'd say Assassin's Creed and Far Cry.

Witcher 3
GTA V
Red Dead Redemption
Sunset Overdrive
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Black Flag was a really good game, and the only AC that really interested me since the first two.

What are we defining as open world?

Because under a very broad definition you could include Mass Effect and Dark Souls, in which case I'd have them as 1 and 2 respectively. If not, and you get more narrow in your definition then I'd say Assassin's Creed and Far Cry.
All 3 ME would be in my top 5 if they count, i guess i thought of them more as RPG/Action games. I mean the first one had a truly open world, the next two kinda still did but not to the same extent they were kinda smaller and more linear.

I'd give GTA 3 more love. For me, it was the first time playing open world third person shooter. Though I thought Vice City was a better game later, GTA 3 opened the door for the genre.

Super Mario 64 was kind of the same for me as well. Maybe not quite full blown open world, but still pretty amazing at the time.

My favorite open wold, 3rd person game is Red Dead Redemption. Looking forward to the next installment.
I spent countless hours on GTA 3 i agree, deserves more mention the problem is there are a lot of really good GTA games

Saints Row 1 and 2 were the shit. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I hate where the series ended up going.

I thought 3 was great, and really filled that San Andreas like void, before GTA V hit.

SR4 was just poorly designed. Gave you all the best powers within 2 hours. Made most of the other gameplay irrelevant. With no skill progression incentive, it was a really boring game.

All 3 ME would be in my top 5 if they count, i guess i thought of them more as RPG/Action games. I mean the first one had a truly open world, the next two kinda still did but not to the same extent they were kinda smaller and more linear.

I don't know if I'd call any of the ME games "open world". You were still confined to a certain path, with hub worlds.

Dark Souls is up for debate though. It's fairly wide open.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Ark: Survival Evolved
Fallout New Vegas

not in any particular order since I enjoyed all.

1. Mercenaries: Playground of destruction
2. Bully
3. GTA 5
4. GTA San Andreas
5. Red dead redemption

not sure if counted as open world but Shadow of mordor was good also.

Back