What are your top 5 open world games? (3rd person)

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Simple, what are your person top 5 open world 3rd person games?

My list

mafia-2.jpg

header.jpg

86356.jpg

grand_theft_auto_vice_city_by_progressivez-d38prca.jpg

actual_1467740579.jpg

Mafia 2 at #1? Really?

Not too many stick out for me, but I'll try. You're really limiting it with 3rd person. I'll try to stick to one game per franchise, otherwise GTA would own it.

1. GTA San Andreas
2. Infamous 2
3. Zelda OOT
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Crackdown

1. Grand Theft Auto V
2. Skyrim
3. LA Noire
4. The Division
5. Assassins Creed

Mafia 2 at #1? Really?

Not too many stick out for me, but I'll try. You're really limiting it with 3rd person. I'll try to stick to one game per franchise, otherwise GTA would own it.

1. GTA San Andreas
2. Infamous 2
3. Zelda OOT
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Crackdown
Infamous 2 really?

If LA Noire counts, that would easily make the list too. The open world was so pointless though.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. The Wind Waker
3. Vice City
4. Mafia II
5. GTA V

If LA Noire counts, that would easily make the list too. The open world was so pointless though.

Why wouldn't it count? It's open world and a 3rd person game. Most open world games are pretty barren. There is some cool landmarks to check out. Had fun getting the collectibles in LA Noire just to see the world.

I wanted to put RDR on my list but 3 Rockstar games is a lil much and I hated Mexico in RDR. Was super boring.

That was a pretty fun game. I got kind of sick of it about half way through it and set it down though. I've been meaning to pick it up again one of these days, but haven't got around to it.

Why wouldn't it count? It's open world and a 3rd person game.

It is and it isn't. Let's face it, the meat of the game was the scripted interrogations. The open world stuff was completely unnecessary, and if it was taken out completely, few would notice.

Nice to have, but I struggle to call it a true open world game.

That was a pretty fun game. I got kind of sick of it about half way through it and set it down though. I've been meaning to pick it up again one of these days, but haven't got around to it.

You should definitely throw it back in. It has a story that's worth seeing through 'till the end.

I loved the shit out of LA Noire. Got all the DLC and everything. My kind of game. To me, it was the best evolution of the "adventure" game. So good.

river city ransom
gta 4
red dead
san andreas
occarina

I dont now if everquest and skyrim count but if they do put them at the top of my list

Why wouldn't it count? It's open world and a 3rd person game. Most open world games are pretty barren. There is some cool landmarks to check out. Had fun getting the collectibles in LA Noire just to see the world.

I wanted to put RDR on my list but 3 Rockstar games is a lil much and I hated Mexico in RDR. Was super boring.
L.A Noire was so damn good. One of the best stories in games.

Nah, Infamous 2 sucked IMO. 1 and even Second Sun were much better

They were all kind of the same TBH. I thought 2 did the best job at evolving the gameplay though, and it had a more diverse campaign. The original was good though, and I could see the argument for it being better. Second Son was just prettier. Didn't bring anything new to the table.

Crysis
the orginal Far cry
Vice city
Witcher 3
oblivion

They were all kind of the same TBH. I thought 2 did the best job at evolving the gameplay though, and it had a more diverse campaign. The original was good though, and I could see the argument for it being better. Second Son was just prettier. Didn't bring anything new to the table.
I actually really loved Second Sun for some reason, it was my first plat on Playstation.

I never did play the DLC I'd like to sometime tbh. Saying 2 sucked is wrong i just had a bad experience with it, it crashed and had a lot of bugs when i played it, I'm sure most didn't experience that.

Mafia II wasn't a good open world game, but technically was open world. As a GAME though, it was fucking superb, amazing story, characters, voice actors, gameplay, graphics, environment etc

I was excited when i heard about Mafia 3, but from what I've seen its complete shit unfortunately.

Back