What are your top 5 games of 2017 so far?

Does mobile legends count? I think i love playing it right now

Persona 5, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, RE7, South Park, Zelda

Plenty of great AAA games this year.

Top 5 I have no idea, between Persona 5 and Horizon for the best for me, still haven't gotten around to Zelda yet.

Only games I got that came out this year are Tekken 7, Civilization 6, MLB The Show and Destiny 2. I think I put less than 30 hours on each so it's been a bit of a disappointing year, for me anyways. Just waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Well out of what I have played only since 2016;

1. Divinity OS 2
2. The Witcher 3
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Metal Gear Solid V
5. The Evil Within 2

That's all I've got to play at the moment.

I am considering a Nintendo Switch (I thought it would flop bad, turns out I couldn't be more wrong).

Zelda, Mario, Injustice 2, Guilty Gear Rev 2, Observer, PUBG, Resident Evil, Persona 5, everything HTC Vive related, Divinity 2 (amazing) and many others. It's been one of the best years in gaming that I can remember, maybe top 5 of all time.

Xcom2:woth, pubg (mostly this) wh(2) tw, dominions 5

Assassins Creed Origins
A Hat in Time
Night Trap Remastered
Evil Within 2

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Evil Within 2
Hopefully Assassins Creed: Origins too, I plan to get it soon

Horizon Zero Dawn - The combat in this game is fucking amazing

Persona 5 - Best RPG this year and personal GOTY so far, amazing story if you're into RPG'S and overlooked this one GET IT NOW!!

BOTW - Haven't played too much yet but what I did I had great amounts of fun and the game seems quite deep

Nioh - Again not one I haven't played too much of but what I did was great fun and seemed really deep, hard not to include.

Game #5 I'm kind of torn between. Mario on the switch is super fun, but I've enjoyed Destiny 2. Gotten alot of hours out of it but the end game content is lacking this is undeniable, and the token system flat out sucks. Mario Odyssey is just a really fucking amazing platformer, but fuck is it simple alot of the time and simplicity often leads to boredom for myself.

Well out of what I have played only since 2016;

1. Divinity OS 2
2. The Witcher 3
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Metal Gear Solid V
5. The Evil Within 2

That's all I've got to play at the moment.

I am considering a Nintendo Switch (I thought it would flop bad, turns out I couldn't be more wrong).

Switch could be a good choice! You just might want to wait a bit before you pick it up. Game selection is greatly lacking, and I've been reading about early adopters consoles warping.

ones ive played

Mario
Horizon zero dawn
Zelda
the show
Fortnite/Southpark

Tetris
Minesweeper
Solitaire
Chess
The Game
:p

Switch could be a good choice! You just might want to wait a bit before you pick it up. Game selection is greatly lacking, and I've been reading about early adopters consoles warping.
thanks for the headsup, seems it's nothing new to me though. I had the same problem when I purchased the Gamecube when it launched and ofcourse the N64......slowly but surely I guess.

1) Horizon: Zero Dawn
2) Zelda Breath of the Wild
3) Persona 5
4) Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
5) The Surge

There are a few big games I missed due to release windows that I'm sure would be in my top 5 on the year like NiOh and Nier. I had a lot of fun with FFXII and The Surge, but I considered those more filler games than something I was hotly anticipating.

Yakuza 0
Shadow of War
Zero Dawn
Total War 2
Assassins Creed Origins maybe

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Destiny 2
4 . Unchartered 2: The Lost Legacy
5. Mario Kart 8

Granted these are the 5 games I played the most. There's a good amount of games I want to play like HZD, Nier, etc... Just no time.

The two games that deserved their rankings is Zelda and Mario. Actually might even be 1a and 1b.

honorable mentions: Cuphead. I forgot about this. I got to play it for 20 mins over at my friend's house and I was hooked. As soon as I buy a new PC monitor for my comp I am buying that game and beating it. It looks like a lot of fun...

Last edited:
1. Mario Odyssey
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Cuphead
4. Prey
5. Mutant Football League

Honorable mentions:
Sonic Mania, A Hat in Time, Hellblade

It was really hard for me to choose between Mario and Zelda as the best, and I'm still flip-flopping over it. Both were some of the best games we've seen in the past 10-15+ years. Nothing else in 2017 even comes close to touching them.

Last edited:
Zelda
Mario
Hellblade
Persona 5
Golf Story

In that order. Cuphead a close 6th. Sonic Mania was dope as well

So far....

Nioh
Total War: Warhammer 2
Path of Exile 3.0

TBD Shadow of War and The Evil Within 2
Warhammer 2 is badass. Nioh is probably my favorite Souls type game yet. Good choices

I would add the Xcom 2 expansion. Still need to finish Divinity 2, it kept crashing for me and a lot of other people on steam when it first released