What are your top 5 games of 2017 so far?

Zazen

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is it just me or has 2017 been one of the best years in gaming in a very long time? I thought it would be fun to post our 5 favorite games of 2017 so far. Feel free to come back here and edit your list as the year continues. We still get a lot of great games coming up.

Here's my list so far:

1) Nier: Automata
2) Nioh
3) Person 5
4) Horizon: Zero Dawn
5) The Evil Within 2

Nothing really blew me away

Cuphead
Cod IW
Forza Horizon 3
Mario Kart Switch
Destiny 2

Other games Ive ordered for 2017

Mario switch
Sonic Forces
Cod ww2

Is it just me or has 2017 been one of the best years in gaming in a very long time? I thought it would be fun to post our 5 favorite games of 2017 so far. Feel free to come back here and edit your list as the year continues. We still get a lot of great games coming up.

Here's my list so far:

1) Nier: Automata
2) Nioh
3) Person 5
4) Horizon: Zero Dawn
5) The Evil Within 2
I think its just you. Nothing really blew me away this year. Is the year really almost over? May South Park will pull out the win.

I think its just you. Nothing really blew me away this year. Is the year really almost over? May South Park will pull out the win.

I think if you like playing games from Japan then yes 2017 was amazing but I guess if South Park is your most anticipated game then that's probably why you aren't enjoying this year. Hopefully 2018 will be better for you.

So far....

Nioh
Total War: Warhammer 2
Path of Exile 3.0
Assassin's Creed: Origins

TBD Shadow of War

Last edited:
Have only played Mass Effect Andromeda for 2017 releases. Played about two hours, haven’t touched it since about April.

Would like to pick up Nioh if it goes on sale before the year’s end.

In no order
  • Prey
  • Dishonored 2 Death of The Outsider
  • XCOM 2 WOTC
Nothing else really wowed me.

i pre ordered COD WW2 but that hasn't come out yet. First time i have preordered a game in half a decade.

The M1 is making its comeback as the greatest rifle in ever.

PUBG is pretty much it for my 2017 catalog, though it has thoroughly satisfied me. Hoping some indie titles can pull through, the AAA scene really doesn't look very good to me. Vermintide 2 on early 2018 is my next big-time release, I'm keeping my eye on Phoenix Point and Into the Breach, though their release dates are pretty much still TBD.

PUBG is pretty much it for my 2017 catalog, though it has thoroughly satisfied me. Hoping some indie titles can pull through, the AAA scene really doesn't look very good to me. Vermintide 2 on early 2018 is my next big-time release, I'm keeping my eye on Phoenix Point and Into the Breach, though their release dates are pretty much still TBD.

If indie games are what you're looking for, I could not reccomend these from the last year or two, because I too am burnt out as hell on AAA games.

• Dead Cells
  • Dungeon of The Endless
  • Pyre
  • Streets of Rogue
  • Ruiner

If indie games are what you're looking for, I could not reccomend these from the last year or two, because I too am burnt out as hell on AAA games.

• Dead Cells
  • Dungeon of The Endless
  • Pyre
  • Streets of Rogue
  • Ruiner

Rogue-likes are my favorite genre, so I've played Dungeon of the Endless and Streets of Rogue, I comb the Steam sales every week. Lots of trash, but some gems.

tekken 7
cuphead

I cant understand the hype for this years games, not much for me. will probably get nier automata at some point and maybe AC origins

No particular order

Divinity Original Sin 2
Hollow Knight
Cuphead
Nier Automata
Nioh

Divinity Original Sin 2 is amazing from the few hours I've played so far, other than that I haven't found anything else all that gripping. I always find myself going back to OW or CSGO. Cuphead was alright, but I'm not all that into platforming games. Yakuza 0 looks dope, but I havent got a PS4.

I only played PUBG and Andromeda of 2017's games. PUBG is good, Andromeda is meh.

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Persona 5
3. Splatoon 2
4. ----
5. ----

Still have quite a few games coming out before the end of the year so I'm sure I'll be able to fill out the rest of my list.

My one is:
The Evil Within 2.
Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Call of Duty: WWII.
Assassin's Creed Origins.
Destiny 2 Collector's Edition.
I know friend I mention Call of Duty: WWll it didn't launch now but Call of Duty all series my favorite game I'm this part also will great like the other and Assassin's Creed Origins also I like all series its launch now I will buy and play.

Senua's Sacrifice

Horizon Zero Dawn

*2k18 once I get it.