What are your thoughts regarding Ancient Egypt?

there were less people back then.

less people means less likley for geniuses to come around.

less smart people to help control the flow of technology.

On a bell curve, approximately 2.5 percent of a population falls in the category of genius. 16 percent fall under very intelligent to genius. The population of ancient Egypt was about 2 million people. So that’s 32,000 extremely intelligent to genius people. That’s plenty to get some stuff done. And Egypt wasn’t some isolated wasteland. They had ports and traded and had political ties all over the Mediterranean and into Mesopotamia. So they also had connections to their brilliant people as well.

This wasn’t some bumbling people who suddenly built mega architecture. They had incredible intellects in mathematics, astronomy, the arts etc.

I have been watching a few documentaries regarding the subject lately, and it really blows my mind with what the ancient Egyptians were able to achieve during that time period with their limited technology and machinery.

Just look at the perfect symmetry of this statue of Ramses II. This would be a difficult to task to pull off even today.

Ramses-at-Luxor.jpg

The Pyramid of Giza has about 2.3 million blocks, with each stone block weighing roughly around 2.5 - 15 tons. The workers would have set a stone block every 2 and a half minutes. That's amazing considering they had no heavy machinery.

Do you think the Egyptians were just incredibly ahead of their time, or do you subscribe to the "they had help from extraterrestrials" theory?
They had a lot of time..a lot...on their hands. And a lot of people doing nothing, who needed to do something to keep them employed. Oh and agriculture = surplus food and lots of time to do other stuff.

Ancient people weren't stupider than us. They all have just as much cognitive and problem solving abilities as you or I.

The neolithic age lasted around 7000-8000 years. People were building out of nothing but stone for an incredible length of time, it's really not surprising they got really really good at it.

Modern academics like to sometimes proclaim ancient feats "impossible", but they've spent a few decades studying, and maybe a few weekends practicing with clueless volunteers. Their knowledge doesn't really compare to thousands of years of human innovation.
I'd assume most of basis of their denial of some feats has more to do with it not working out in theoretics, not a bunch of engineers standing out in a field trying to move giant stones.

A lot of the things that seem amazing about the pyramids are far from impossible. There are surely some wonderous aspects but it's taken far too out of hand.

A common one is how amazing it is they managed to create level surfaces on stone, which is actually very easy just using basic natural resources.

I'd assume most of basis of their denial of some feats has more to do with it not working out in theoretics, not a bunch of engineers standing out in a field trying to move giant stones.

There have been numerous attempts by engineers and college groups trying some of the stuff the way some suggested it was done full scale.

And failed miserably.

there were less people back then.

less people means less likley for geniuses to come around.

less smart people to help control the flow of technology.
Leaps and advances are often acute, not gradual. Things also get lost. Whoever was behind the great pyramid for example, were masters of all the sciences and their society was exceptional in it's skilled labor workforce and organization. These things are facts, the details including how and why are the mysterious part.

The fact that in 2017, there is STILL no consensus view on the basic methods used in constructing Khufu speaks volumes.

On a bell curve, approximately 2.5 percent of a population falls in the category of genius. 16 percent fall under very intelligent to genius. The population of ancient Egypt was about 2 million people. So that’s 32,000 extremely intelligent to genius people. That’s plenty to get some stuff done. And Egypt wasn’t some isolated wasteland. They had ports and traded and had political ties all over the Mediterranean and into Mesopotamia. So they also had connections to their brilliant people as well.

This wasn’t some bumbling people who suddenly built mega architecture. They had incredible intellects in mathematics, astronomy, the arts etc.
The proof is sitting right there at Giza and elsewhere in Egypt. I know why you explained it like that, it's just weird you need to given the extremity of the architectural challenges that are there to see in beautifully preserved and finished form.

They had a lot of time..a lot...on their hands. And a lot of people doing nothing, who needed to do something to keep them employed. Oh and agriculture = surplus food and lots of time to do other stuff.
This is probably the laziest and most boring way of explaining why or how ancient people created amazing things.

A lot of the things that seem amazing about the pyramids are far from impossible. There are surely some wonderous aspects but it's taken far too out of hand.

A common one is how amazing it is they managed to create level surfaces on stone, which is actually very easy just using basic natural resources.
They are not impossible feats because our eyes do not deceive us. There the monuments stand...something like that.

There have been numerous attempts by engineers and college groups trying some of the stuff the way some suggested it was done full scale.

And failed miserably.
You can find video on some of these attempts...they are pretty hilarious and always just fizzle out with a sigh. It's obviously frustrating for them approaching the task as they think the builders did it...like retarded idiots. The builders in period were not muscling this stuff around, they had very sophisticated methods for achieving what they did...whatever those methods were.

And failed miserably.
Lol no they didn’t

Undoubtedly the GOATs at storing grain.
look, if you want to keep the rats out of your grain stash, it's pretty obvious you gotta build 14 acre footprint buildings weighing 6.5 Million Tons out of 2.3 Million blocks of stone. There is simply no other way.

I just never get why so many people can’t just say, “Wow! How impressive are our human ancestors. Kudos. Those pyramids are really impressive.”

Instead it’s, “There’s no way our ancestors were as smart as us and pyramids would be hard for us, so....aliens,”

I just never get why so many people can’t just say, “Wow! How impressive are our human ancestors. Kudos. Those pyramids are really impressive.”

Instead it’s, “There’s no way our ancestors were as smart as us and pyramids would be hard for us, so....aliens,”
Has anyone in this thread said anything like that? I've never seen it seriously debated anywhere that it was not human beings...

I have been to the Pyramids 14 years ago with my parents.

One thing you should know is everything is pure speculation and theories, no one know what actually happened. All the histories today have been taught by the British side. The most interesting part is that they were recently discovered when the Brits came to Egypt 200 years ago and excavated it. Almost everything was covered by the sands all those years.

Just have a think about it. Egypt have been ruled by the Arab Caliphate and the Ottomans for 1200 years. Had they knew about it, everything would have been destroyed back then because it was viewed as idols to the Muslims.

I have been to the Pyramids 14 years ago with my parents.

One thing you should know is everything is pure speculation and theories, no one know what actually happened. All the histories today have been taught by the British side. The most interesting part is that they were recently discovered when the Brits came to Egypt 200 years ago and excavated it. Almost everything was covered by the sands all those years.

Just have a think about it. Egypt have been ruled by the Arab Caliphate and the Ottomans for 1200 years. Had they knew about it, everything would have been destroyed back then because it was viewed as idols to the Muslims.
excavation in 1925 below...

DQmPUYJ2bVbTfUnXexkgoqbvbdr2WYCtEQV5gryqCxNeVxW_1680x8400

Back