What are your thoughts regarding Ancient Egypt?

i was watching a pyramid documentary the other night and it got me thinking how the hell they built all those mega ton structures w/precision? one theory is they used sunlight to cut the stones but even if they did, how did they lift them and place them w/pin point precision?

Ancient Egypt is shit comparing to Greeks and Romans, they were conquered tremendously easy.
Umm Egypt rose thousands of years before the Greeks or the Romans , one of the GOAT civilizations

Heres a picture but pick up a book ffs

2177655_orig.jpg

I think they had brilliant people who made the most with what they had. It's a well known fact that several complicated fields of mathematics came from the region. Suffice to say, they were more than capable of designing simple structures with symmetry with lots of time and manpower.

If you think they had alien help, you're living in a fantasy world.
...as well as exceptionally complicated ones. And they didn't have "lots of time" to build the Great Pyramid, they had 20 years according to the same folks who tell us they did it with stone hammers and copper chisels.

Nobody at all credible has ever suggested it was aliens.

...as well as exceptionally complicated ones. And they didn't have "lots of time" to build the Great Pyramid, they had 20 years according to the same folks who tell us they did it with stone hammers and copper chisels.

Nobody at all credible has ever suggested it was aliens.

20 years is a lot of time to build something. These structures were large, but no, they aren't particularly complicated. When you're talking about a pyramid, it's the most simple and stable structure you can build.

Nobody at all credible has ever suggested it was long lost technology either.

20 years is a lot of time to build something. These structures were large, but no, they aren't particularly complicated. When you're talking about a pyramid, it's the most simple and stable structure you can build.

Nobody at all credible has ever suggested it was long lost technology either.
You're mistaking triangles for complicated structures. It's easy to do.

The Great Pyramid would cost significantly more to build using modern equipment than the One World Trade Center. A pretty simple operation indeed. That's based on an estimate that is woefully under researched, but just to keep you on the hook, from someone you would likely rely on for an estimate such as this.

You have no idea what you are talking about. And you're acting like the building of the Great Pyramid is simply a matter of stacking rocks to a point at the top. It's not.

Nice duck on the stone hammer and copper chisel question. It was massive saws, some level of machine tooling and certainly not a "Lot of time and elbow grease", which is the laziest, dumbest response to such a structure imaginable. As if people just get bored and look for the most insanely difficult shit to do on monumental scales. Totally a human approach.

https://www.livescience.com/18589-cost-build-great-pyramid-today.html

While the pyramid was originally built by 4,000 workers over the course of 20 years using strength, sleds and ropes, building the pyramid today using stone-carrying vehicles, cranes and helicopters would probably take 1,500 to 2,000 workers around five years, and it would cost on the order of $5 billion, Houdin said, based on manpower and cost of constructing the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River during the Great Depression. The dam contains a volume of concrete roughly equal to the stone in the pyramid. By comparison, the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center being constructed in downtown Manhattan will cost an estimated $4 billion.

You're mistaking triangles for complicated structures. It's easy to do.

No, I'm talking about pyramids. They tend to have triangles, but not always.

The Great Pyramid would cost significantly more to build using modern equipment than the One World Trade Center. A pretty simple operation indeed. That's based on an estimate that is woefully under researched, but just to keep you on the hook, from someone you would likely rely on for an estimate such as this.

These things were built at the request of gods on Earth in a completely different economy and world. Equating the cost to today is just silly. They have more than enough labor and supplies.

You have no idea what you are talking about. And you're acting like the building of the Great Pyramid is simply a matter of stacking rocks to a point at the top. It's not.

Grossly simplifying what I'm saying. But yes, it is a matter of stacking rocks in the right places. It's just a lot of rocks.

Nice duck on the stone hammer and copper chisel question. It was massive saws, some level of machine tooling and certainly not a "Lot of time and elbow grease", which is the laziest, dumbest response to such a structure imaginable. As if people just get bored and look for the most insanely difficult shit to do on monumental scales. Totally a human approach.

I didn't duck anything. They used a number of ingenuous techniques to cut and move rock. Nothing so advanced that it doesn't make sense for the types of metals available for their use. And copper chisels will cut that rock, it just takes a while. That's why they used other brilliant methods with the tools they had available to them.

No, I'm talking about pyramids. They tend to have triangles, but not always.

These things were built at the request of gods on Earth in a completely different economy and world. Equating the cost to today is just silly. They have more than enough labor and supplies.

Grossly simplifying what I'm saying. But yes, it is a matter of stacking rocks in the right places. It's just a lot of rocks.

I didn't duck anything. They used a number of ingenuous techniques to cut and move rock. Nothing so advanced that it doesn't make sense for the types of metals available for their use. And copper chisels will cut that rock, it just takes a while. That's why they used other brilliant methods with the tools they had available to them.
I remain confident you don't know what you're talking about. Your copper chisels statement shows a distinct disconnect between the timescales involved with the great pyramid and the distinct actual lack of time they had under the 20 year timescale of which your entire understanding of the construction is based upon.

You can't have it both ways, you can't cut, quarry, move and place a ton block (nevermind the litany of granite cut stones on on the interior) ever few minutes and at the same time take your time cutting the stone with copper tools.

If you ever care to look into the topic as opposed to just parroting the 100+ year old ridiculous orthodox interpretation that these structures were ever tombs (which there is no evidence of) you'd see quite clearly that you don't need to invoke aliens or humans with superhuman technology to realize there is simply a major missing toolset in the historical record. Regardless of when you believe it was made...

Last but no least, the 5 billion dollar price tag, which is probably a woefully low estimate, is larger than the one world trade center estimate by 1 billion dollars. Regardless of your weird characterization of it as a simple structure (you clearly don't understand the internal cavities and how they were created) nothing that would cost us that much money to do is simple, period and by definition.

We could get through this if you would just answer one simple question...why do you think they were tombs for megalomaniac pharoahs??

See the play, Ramses.

I remain confident you don't know what you're talking about. Your copper chisels statement shows a distinct disconnect between the timescales involved with the great pyramid and the distinct actual lack of time they had under the 20 year timescale of which your entire understanding of the construction is based upon.

You can't have it both ways, you can't cut, quarry, move and place a ton block (nevermind the litany of granite cut stones on on the interior) ever few minutes and at the same time take your time cutting the stone with copper tools.

If you ever care to look into the topic as opposed to just parroting the 100+ year old ridiculous orthodox interpretation that these structures were ever tombs (which there is no evidence of) you'd see quite clearly that you don't need to invoke aliens or humans with superhuman technology to realize there is simply a major missing toolset in the historical record. Regardless of when you believe it was made...

Last but no least, the 5 billion dollar price tag, which is probably a woefully low estimate, is larger than the one world trade center estimate by 1 billion dollars. Regardless of your weird characterization of it as a simple structure (you clearly don't understand the internal cavities and how they were created) nothing that would cost us that much money to do is simple, period and by definition.

We could get through this if you would just answer one simple question...why do you think they were tombs for megalomaniac pharoahs??

The timescale is fine, and we don't know the exact methods they used, but it's likely they used the river to move these stones. And using copper equipment with sand grinding and water, it's completely possible for them to have made these structures.

And it actually is fairly simple and straightforward. It's only difficult and expensive now because we no longer build structures like this. Nobody is the industry is designed to even complete such a task. And I'm not fucking retarded. Of course I know what it looks like inside pyramids. Who hasn't?

And finally, why the hell are you putting words in my mouth about these structures and why they were built? I said they were commissioned by gods on Earth to be build. Why they build them isn't really a huge concern. There's countless reasons including they just wanted to swing their dick and show what they could create on Earth. I don't know, but they were definitely intelligent enough to use the technology they had available to create them.

The timescale is fine, and we don't know the exact methods they used, but it's likely they used the river to move these stones. And using copper equipment with sand grinding and water, it's completely possible for them to have made these structures.

And it actually is fairly simple and straightforward. It's only difficult and expensive now because we no longer build structures like this. Nobody is the industry is designed to even complete such a task. And I'm not fucking retarded. Of course I know what it looks like inside pyramids. Who hasn't?

And finally, why the hell are you putting words in my mouth about these structures and why they were built? I said they were commissioned by gods on Earth to be build. Why they build them isn't really a huge concern. There's countless reasons including they just wanted to swing their dick and show what they could create on Earth. I don't know, but they were definitely intelligent enough to use the technology they had available to create them.
So you don't think they were tombs? The whole timescale for building the great pyramid at Giza in 20 years is based exactly and ONLY on that idea...that it was a tomb. Which of course there is no evidence of. It sounds like you are ok with the 20 year time scale because of something you read attesting to that being true...seems weird you wouldn't ask questions as to why they think that or accept or deny it as plausible. Your "I don't care why" stance is just an indication to me that you haven't really looked into it. Your "dick measuring" characterization is stupid as well, the fact they built it from the most difficult material possible (heaviest) shows they were proficient at a level they otherwise aren't given credit for.

I am very aware that you are on "team rationality" and you want things to be all occums razor with pretty much all your posting here (I'm on the same team honestly), but if you'd actually try to understand what you are talking about specifically regarding Giza, you'd realize that you're supporting an interpretation of the architecture at Giza that is not only oversimplified in attribution (who built it and when/how) but also you are supporting the mantra of the archeological community, NOT the mantra of the architectural, tool making, geological and stone working community who has a very different opinion of what must have transpired to create what we see today at Giza.

I believe the sphinx, the 3 big pyramids and the mortuary temples in front of them are all likely from vastly different time periods (sphinx and mortuary temples are likely far older for numerous reasons which are not that difficult to describe).

Last edited:
So you don't think they were tombs? The whole timescale for building the great pyramid at Giza in 20 years is based exactly and ONLY on that idea...that it was a tomb. Which of course there is no evidence of. It sounds like you are ok with the 20 year time scale because of something you read attesting to that being true...seems weird you wouldn't ask questions as to why they think that or accept or deny it as plausible. Your "I don't care why" stance is just an indication to me that you haven't really looked into it. Your "dick measuring" characterization is stupid as well, the fact they built it from the most difficult material possible (heaviest) shows they were proficient at a level they otherwise aren't given credit for.

I am very aware that you are on "team rationality" and you want things to be all occums razor with pretty much all your posting here (I'm on the same team honestly), but if you'd actually try to understand what you are talking about specifically regarding Giza, you'd realize that you're supporting an interpretation of the architecture at Giza that is not only oversimplified in attribution (who built it and when/how) but also you are supporting the mantra of the archeological community, NOT the mantra of the architectural, tool making, geological and stone working community who has a very different opinion of what must have transpired to create what we see today at Giza.

I believe the sphinx, the 3 big pyramids and the mortuary temples in front of them are all likely from vastly different time periods (sphinx and mortuary temples are likely far older for numerous reasons which are not that difficult to describe).

It seems like the only person in this conversation not giving them credit is you.

It seems like the only person in this conversation not giving them credit is you.
I only asked one question. You did not answer it. But ok. I'll respond.

When or how did I discredit the builders? I discredited the easy to discredit idea that they built it with the tool set suggested. It's not just an opinion, it's ridiculous. You don't go around saying "well, this is how they must have done it since this is what we found in terms of tools"...while admitting it's impossible to do it that way. That's lazy as fuck. This is the same crew that has literally no idea who built something based on actual evidence, so they use proximity to something else to attribute the creation (IE, we know who built the temple of seti 1, thus we know who built the Osirion because it's right next door... even though it's at a significantly lower level (buried in the water table) and completely different architecturally...like not even in the same universe architecturally.

You can see the temple of seti the first in the background...Osirion below:

osirion-temple-abydos-egypt-mysterious-which-flooded-ground-waters-82393782.jpg

Things are complicated in Egypt for a lot of reasons, but some of the work there should be left at "we have no idea" rather than lazy attributions pawned off as fact based on incredibly sparse evidence.

I think it’s hard for modern people to understand that ancient people weren’t dumb and primitive. They were as smart as modern human beings. They had geniuses back then that would make the average man today look dumb as shit. They had less access to technology, but no less ingenuity. In fact, they may have had more ingenuity due to their lack of technology.
there were less people back then.

less people means less likley for geniuses to come around.

less smart people to help control the flow of technology.

Back