What are your thoughts regarding Ancient Egypt?

You have a horrible understanding on ancient history.

You have a horrible understanding "on" the English language. Tell me about these sea peoples you are apparently an expert "on".

You have a horrible understanding "on" the English language. Tell me about these sea peoples you are apparently an expert "on".

Studied a whole degree on them. They didn’t destroy the ancient Egyptians. The sea people hypothethis is not as popular anymore.

Also you are likely getting your old and new kingdoms confused. The old kingdom that built the Giza complex fell apart due to civil war and famine.

Kemet is fascinating;)
Great boardgame as well.

kemet_layout.jpg

I have been watching a few documentaries regarding the subject lately, and it really blows my mind with what the ancient Egyptians were able to achieve during that time period with their limited technology and machinery.

Just look at the perfect symmetry of this statue of Ramses II. This would be a difficult to task to pull off even today.

Ramses-at-Luxor.jpg

The Pyramid of Giza has about 2.3 million blocks, with each stone block weighing roughly around 2.5 - 15 tons. The workers would have set a stone block every 2 and a half minutes. That's amazing considering they had no heavy machinery.

Do you think the Egyptians were just incredibly ahead of their time, or do you subscribe to the "they had help from extraterrestrials" theory?

It annoys me that they dont just drill through all the passages and get into the center to find "the cube" from Transformers or some shit. Who gives a shit if its ruined a little bit, it has already taken a beating.

The circles in the picture aren't symetrical... Not to be cynical, Egypt is as mysterious as they come. How can the purpose of the pyramids not be known?

Many different peoples established themselves over thousands and thousands of years in what we call Egypt.

It was a prime location, a breadbasket of humanity. Conquests and settlements were numerous.

I'm confident that the modern present day Egyptians are not the same people that built the pyramids, Sphinx, and worshipped Horus and Osiris.

It is mindboggling just how little we actually know of ancient Egypt really...
The only real reason we know as much as we do is because of how bone dry Egypt is. Without the dessicated environment there would be far less left to draw conclusions on.

The Nile River was an excellent place to set up shop for ancient people but it was also surrounded by desert which makes it pretty unique condition wise.

I’m outraged that they never abolished slavery; ancient Egyptians are lesser people than the hwite man

I think that its disgusting the Egyptians forced thousands of jews to build pyramids dedicated to a God King . They enslaved a entire group of people for a useless tomb.

I have been watching a few documentaries regarding the subject lately, and it really blows my mind with what the ancient Egyptians were able to achieve during that time period with their limited technology and machinery.

Just look at the perfect symmetry of this statue of Ramses II. This would be a difficult to task to pull off even today.

Ramses-at-Luxor.jpg

The Pyramid of Giza has about 2.3 million blocks, with each stone block weighing roughly around 2.5 - 15 tons. The workers would have set a stone block every 2 and a half minutes. That's amazing considering they had no heavy machinery.

Do you think the Egyptians were just incredibly ahead of their time, or do you subscribe to the "they had help from extraterrestrials" theory?

I think they had brilliant people who made the most with what they had. It's a well known fact that several complicated fields of mathematics came from the region. Suffice to say, they were more than capable of designing simple structures with symmetry with lots of time and manpower.

If you think they had alien help, you're living in a fantasy world.

I thought I read once that there WERE shit tons of written histories about the construction of the pyramids and scribes/scrolls that detailed the majority of Ancient Egypt and ancient greece’s history throughout the ages but it was all kept at the Library of Alexandretta (Alexandria? I cant remember the details) the place was once an ancient wonder of the world but it was sacked once and the scrolls barely survived but then the place burned to the ground in a great fire and thus a huge majority of recorded ancient history was lost

Man this has got to be about the most biggest fuck up in history. Love Alexander he is a god bit for fuck sake why the fuck would you let that fucken place be put in a spot to be ransacked and burned!? The world lost a lot of history in the fire. Who knows what was all there throughout his campaigns of Egypt and Asia.

Probably the greatest civilization in the World for longer than all the combined time since they lost the title. Created intellectual precursors to most, if not all, ideas that are important today. Yeah, they're kind of a big deal. No, I don't think they needed aliens. They had millennia to get this shit right.
I think your timeline is a little off.

Ancient people weren't stupider than us. They all have just as much cognitive and problem solving abilities as you or I.

The neolithic age lasted around 7000-8000 years. People were building out of nothing but stone for an incredible length of time, it's really not surprising they got really really good at it.

Modern academics like to sometimes proclaim ancient feats "impossible", but they've spent a few decades studying, and maybe a few weekends practicing with clueless volunteers. Their knowledge doesn't really compare to thousands of years of human innovation.

Was ripe for a civilization after the ice age. They depended on the nile, which gave them the civilization. Even today making fun of the nile is forbidden.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-abdel-wahab-to-face-trial-over-nile-comments

They started religion because they could settle. Jews 1000 years after the pyramids were built also started a religion during Babylonian captivity. Settling helps the perpetuation of myths and culture. Jews did NOT build the pyramids, they came 1000 years later in the historical timeline. Aliens did NOT build the pyramids. These silly myths need to go.

Ancient Egypt is shit comparing to Greeks and Romans, they were conquered tremendously easy.

Back