What are your thoughts regarding Ancient Egypt?

Wasn't there some Roman emperor with brain damage from lead that burned down some libraries and books?

Hard to say, a lot of ancient history boils down to people being either insane zealots, military geniuses, or scientific/artistic innovators.

It was apparently the muslim conquest in like 640ad that finally destroyed what was left of the pyramids.

Julius Caesar was runored to have caused a major fire when in retreat, decided to torch his fleet.

Shame though, what information that survived probably could have progressed the world a lot earlier

Yes, the pyramids are quite fascinating. They were the tallest buildings in the world for eons.

However, I am less curious about Egyptology than I was as a kid.

I taught a kid that lived in Cairo for the majority of his life. He told me that there is a guy within the Egyptian government whose job was to oversea any study going on within their history. He would try to ensure that he controled the "history" of their ancient past. If an archeologist was hoping to find something groundbreaking (pun not intended), then he would deny their visa or make things difficult for them.

With that said, this was pre-Arab Spring. Maybe today's historians have more independence.

Do you think the Egyptians were just incredibly ahead of their time, or do you subscribe to the "they had help from extraterrestrials" theory?
30936.jpg

elite society

"The ancient Egyptians held cats in the highest esteem, the penalties for injuring or killing a cat were severe. They worshipped a Cat Goddess, often represented as half feline, half woman, whom they called Bastet. The main center for the worship of Bastet was in northern Egypt at the city of Bubastis."

9L5GeOZ.png

YmIRkXZ.jpg

We will rule the world. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @kevy2pale @lsa

d21vu35cjx7sd4.cloudfront.jpg

Yes, the pyramids are quite fascinating. They were the tallest buildings in the world for eons.

I taught a kid that lived in Cairo for the majority of his life. He told me that there is a guy within the Egyptian government whose job was to oversea any study going on within their history. He would try to ensure that he controled the "history" of their ancient past. If an archeologist was hoping to find something groundbreaking (pun not intended), then he would deny their visa or make things difficult for them.

With that said, this was pre-Arab Spring. Maybe today's historians have more independence.

If Zahi Hawass is still in charge, we're definitely not getting the truth and discoveries are being kept from us.

Do you think the Egyptians were just incredibly ahead of their time, or do you subscribe to the "they had help from extraterrestrials" theory?

They had the benefit of extreme seasonality to there farming didn't they? the Nile floods meant there were very large amounts of labour available during the "off season" for these big projects.

There are a few times in history where I would like to observe safely as an invisible person or something. Ancient Egypt is right behind prehistoric eras for me. Then Ancient Rome and Greece. I have been to Egypt and not to be offensive but they are not an attractive people. I would like to,see if that was the same back then and the art is misleading.

It's quite possible that ancient civilizations weren't as primitive as believed. If some kind of ELE happened and wiped everyone out (ie great deluge, etc.) And mankind was forced to rebuild, wouldn't it be difficult to bring back technology overnight? Suppose the tech they had was something we don't understand and is not like what present day mankind is accustomed to having? Suppose the pyramids and the like are much older than believed?

Idk, I'm stoned. I need to eat a burrito.

Last edited:
I think it’s hard for modern people to understand that ancient people weren’t dumb and primitive. They were as smart as modern human beings. They had geniuses back then that would make the average man today look dumb as shit. They had less access to technology, but no less ingenuity. In fact, they may have had more ingenuity due to their lack of technology.

Another interesting thing now is all the underwater structures they have been finding.

Now they couldn’t have been built underwater like that, would have had to have been during an ancient Ice age when water levels were way different. Making civilizations way way the fuck older than we have imagined.

And the Dino carvings in gobli techi that too

I think it’s hard for modern people to understand that ancient people weren’t dumb and primitive. They were as smart as modern human beings. They had geniuses back then that would make the average man today look dumb as shit. They had less access to technology, but no less ingenuity. In fact, they may have had more ingenuity due to their lack of technology.

I do t care how much ingenuity they had some of the blocks in acient builds where so large we don’t know how we’d move them today

Mr. Zahi Hawass. Well known scumbag. He's snaking his way back in there.

I do t care how much ingenuity they had some of the blocks in acient builds where so large we don’t know how we’d move them today
We can move all the weights they could. It is probably true that the tools they had and the general level of technology used was probably in reality something that would be orders of magnitude greater than what they were given credit for.

There are a few times in history where I would like to observe safely as an invisible person or something. Ancient Egypt is right behind prehistoric eras for me. Then Ancient Rome and Greece. I have been to Egypt and not to be offensive but they are not an attractive people. I would like to,see if that was the same back then and the art is misleading.
Many many different "races" controlled what we consider new and old kingdom Egypt.

We can move all the weights they could. It is probably true that the tools they had and the general level of technology used was probably in reality something that would be orders of magnitude greater than what they were given credit for.

I’m not just talking about the blocks in Egypt. There are some from the ancient world much much larger than have been commented on , that we have no idea how we’d move them now

Back