What are your thoughts on this picture?

Hmmn. They're right, in one sense. America has benefited more from (and been shaped by) racism than it has from baseball and has a few racist milestones that are beyond shameful. Seems like they're not allowed to talk about it, though, according to all the people in this thread who support the free speech of Nazis.

Racism is hardly exclusively American.
Would have been far more accurate, less inflammatory and probably initiate a more constructive conversation to say "Racism is as human as blowing your nose."

Racism is hardly exclusively American.
Would have been far more accurate, less inflammatory and probably initiate a more constructive conversation to say "Racism is as human as blowing your nose."

That's deliberately downplaying its seriousness, though. America has a terrible track record with racism, more than most other first world countries. It's the only country that went into civil war in order to keep slaves and it was still segregated into the 1960s. Black people in Nazi-fucking-Germany had more freedoms than the American athletes who competed in the Berlin games. The generation that tried to keep blacks segregated is still alive today and they've been having children and grandhildren. This shit is still around.

What you're saying could also be applied to Apartheid: (shrug) racism is as human as blowing your nose. For its location in human history, apartheid was beyond appalling.

Let's not make those normalizing statements.

But people have in completely backwarda today. White people are the most caring and donating race on the planet.
Black people are the extremely racist ones.

In 2017 i dont know any streets a black person would walk down and be attacked just for the color of their skin.
Now on the other hand i know plenty of areas that if a white person goes to at night, there is a good chance they will be attacked for just being white.

You care and agree with the message.

More progressive mods, just what this forum needs!
Well this forum could certainly do without people like you, its the same crap every post "progressive", "progressive", "progressive". Do something that makes you happy for a day or 2, get a life.

I bet you miss your favourite site.

That's deliberately downplaying its seriousness, though.

No. It's being honest, rather than being deliberately controversial, divisive and, ultimately, counter-productive.
Change the wording of my suggestion if you think it's too blasé, but change it to something honest.

America has a terrible track record with racism, more than most other first world countries.

That might have something to do with the fact that America has had to deal with a level of racial and cultural diversity that's, historically, been completely foreign to other first-world countries.
Let's give Europe a few more decades of diversifying, and then we can see how their superior morality copes with the difficult reality that is diversity.

It's the only country that went into civil war in order to keep slaves and it was still segregated into the 1960s.

It's also the only country that went into a civil war to free the slaves.
Also, let's not pretend that fighting to free/keep slaves has more to do with morality than profit motive.
The institution of slavery was not based solely on race but was largely driven by convenience and availability - Americans wouldn't have been buying black slaves if black people weren't selling them.

Black people in Nazi-fucking-Germany had more freedoms than the American athletes who competed in the Berlin games.

Yep. So?
What sort of black population did Nazi Germany have?
Was 1930s-1940s America worse to its blacks than the Nazis were to their Jews?

The generation that tried to keep blacks segregated is still alive today and they've been having children and grandhildren. This shit is still around.

Of course it is. It probably always will be.
Is there real evidence that racist sentiment drives policy that discriminates against people based on their melanin content?

What you're saying could also be applied to Apartheid: (shrug) racism is as human as blowing your nose. For its location in human history, apartheid was beyond appalling.

So, which current American policies (regarding race) are beyond appalling in the modern world? If you're going to compare modern America to apartheid South Africa, I'm hoping you have some seriously good justification.

Let's not make those normalizing statements.

How about we simply speak the truth, rather than spouting meaningless and inaccurate platitudes that are intended to piss people off rather than confront an actual problem in a sensible, rational and effective manner?

I'm pretty sure that the Red Sox were the last team to integrate black players, and they only did in the end because they were sued

No. It's being honest, rather than being deliberately controversial, divisive and, ultimately, counter-productive.
Change the wording of my suggestion if you think it's too blasé, but change it to something honest.

Translation: it's divisive to say things about race white people don't like; we should unite as a people and avoid talking about things that minorities feel are important to address.

That might have something to do with the fact that America has had to deal with a level of racial and cultural diversity that's, historically, been completely foreign to other first-world countries.
Let's give Europe a few more decades of diversifying, and then we can see how their superior morality copes with the difficult reality that is diversity.

That's an interesting thought. I'd like some numbers here. What size of minority population must a country reach before it is only sensible to oppress them and take away their rights as citizens?

It's also the only country that went into a civil war to free the slaves.

That is true. Let's not forget the commendable efforts at containing smallpox after the blankets had wiped out the native population. They didn't even really understand germ theory, but they did their best. Centuries ahead of science.

Also, let's not pretend that fighting to free/keep slaves has more to do with morality than profit motive.
The institution of slavery was not based solely on race but was largely driven by convenience and availability - Americans wouldn't have been buying black slaves if black people weren't selling them.

Awwwww, you got me there. good one. African Americans are really taking a self-centred view of this whole slavery thing. Too self-involved, imo. Can't see how it impacted hypothetical peoples who could have been just as convenient to enslave and brutalize.

Yep. So?
What sort of black population did Nazi Germany have?
Was 1930s-1940s America worse to its blacks than the Nazis were to their Jews?

You might want to consider that you're on the wrong side of an argument when you're trying to find ways America's race-relations were superior to Nazi-fucking-Germany.

Of course it is. It probably always will be.
Is there real evidence that racist sentiment drives policy that discriminates against people based on their melanin content?

Voter ID laws. The Republican judge who passed it admitted that it's been only used to suppress votes and disenfhranchise black people and other minorities, something that makes him terribly regret passing the law.

So, which current American policies (regarding race) are beyond appalling in the modern world? If you're going to compare modern America to apartheid South Africa, I'm hoping you have some seriously good justification.

Actually, the comparison I was making was that it was similarly appalling how long South Africa hung onto Apartheid. Do you disagree that it is appalling?

How about we simply speak the truth, rather than spouting meaningless and inaccurate platitudes that are intended to piss people off rather than confront an actual problem in a sensible, rational and effective manner?

I agree. We should get upset when people who have historically had to fight for every voice they've ever had say things that white people don't like. Why disrupt a centuries-old tradition instead of having a nation confront the lingering remnants of its centuries-old attitude? Makes white people feel oppressed. So shut up minorities, unless you say things we like.

DJpbNUjUEAAkzwL.jpg

Apparently these fans were kicked out of a Red Sox game for displaying this sign. Personally, I think that was a bit excessive as they paid for their tickets (presumably) and only put up a sign, if the sign violated rules, I think they should have just confiscated it and allowed the racists to get their sign back after the game.

Racists Lives Matter! And that sign is accurate as fuck.
The first thing is, what a great game.
Second, I thought of all the players from South American countries

They've been listening to too much Ras Kass

Typical self loathing white liberal fucks..

The most disgusting pieces of shit in this country...

Worse than the white racist goons in Charlottesville...

Can you explain this statement? The people in that picture are just holding a sign. Whether you agree with the sign or think it's stupid, calling them "self-loathing fucks who are worse than racist goons" based on a pretty generalized sign seems a bit ridiculous.

By the way, it was liked by a "racist goon" if that's what you're going for. He says "blacks severely lack intelligence", but at least he didn't say racism is part of American culture. Right LI? lol.

doc-rivers.gif

This is exactly what I am talking about. You're being ridiculously vicious, you're misinterpreting or misunderstanding what I am actually saying, and have apparently decided that I am a racist, and therefore nothing I say need be responded to with anything resembling a point.

Translation: it's divisive to say things about race white people don't like; we should unite as a people and avoid talking about things that minorities feel are important to address.

Come on, dude. I didn't say this and I didn't mean this. There's no need for you "translation" since I said exactly what I meant. There's no need to infer meaning. I'm right here; ask if you don't understand.

The grain of truth in this bullshit of yours is that blacks and whites could both stand to piss the other off a little less when engaging in these conversations. The crux of that though, is that people like you need to approach these conversations with an open mind.

That's an interesting thought. I'd like some numbers here. What size of minority population must a country reach before it is only sensible to oppress them and take away their rights as citizens?

Is this really what you thought I was saying? Honestly?

There is conflict in diverse populations. It is probably the most consistent truth about diverse populations.
That is reality. Acknowledge it and maybe you can actually begin to approach something resembling a solution.
No, I don't mean a "final solution".

The point was that your "America has a terrible track record when it comes to racism" was a mind-numbingly stupid statement to make. America has more races than other first world countries, so the fact that they have more racial conflict than other first world countries isn't really an observation that needs to be made, unless you can add more insight?
I'm assuming you can't, and that's why your entire response essentially amounts to sticking your fingers in your ears and knocking down strawmen.

Also, I am a minority, you idiot. Why on Earth would I advocate for policies that discriminate against minorities? I am distinctly aware of my vulnerability as a member of a minority population in a country with an extensive track record of racism and brutality.
Are you? What unique or relevant perspective do you bring to the conversation?

That is true. Let's not forget the commendable efforts at containing smallpox after the blankets had wiped out the native population. They didn't even really understand germ theory, but they did their best. Centuries ahead of science.

Was this an example of racism or an unethical means of conquest?

Awwwww, you got me there. good one. African Americans are really taking a self-centred view of this whole slavery thing. Too self-involved, imo. Can't see how it impacted hypothetical peoples who could have been just as convenient to enslave and brutalize.

What?
Make a point, don't just fire off sarcastic nothings.
Preferably, make a point that has something to do with what I said.

You might want to consider that you're on the wrong side of an argument when you're trying to find ways America's race-relations were superior to Nazi-fucking-Germany.

Your argument was that America was more racist than Nazi Germany. I wasn't trying to make an opposing argument, I was asking for evidence that your argument was honest or even worth making.
Apparently it was neither.

Voter ID laws. The Republican judge who passed it admitted that it's been only used to suppress votes and disenfhranchise black people and other minorities, something that makes him terribly regret passing the law.

There are a few things I don't understand about this one. First, the requirement of identification for voting seems like common sense to me, so I've never quite understood why it's not the standard in America.

Second, the fact that a racist would assume that it is beyond the ability of black people to get an ID is not surprising, but in reality, how are black people disproportionately prevented from getting an ID more than whites?

Either way, fair point. If it was passed with racist intentions, then it is an example of systemic (if ineffective) racism.
Do voter ID laws have discriminatory outcomes? Do you know?

Actually, the comparison I was making was that it was similarly appalling how long South Africa hung onto Apartheid. Do you disagree that it is appalling?

Of course it was appalling, you bumblefuck.

But, this does nothing to get around my criticism of the comparison. You're comparing 2017 America to apartheid South Africa.
Justify the comparison. What manifestations of racism in 2017 America are "similarly appalling" to the examples of it in South Africa from 1948 to 1991? 'Cos at the moment, that comparison makes you sound unhinged.

I agree. We should get upset when people who have historically had to fight for every voice they've ever had say things that white people don't like. Why disrupt a centuries-old tradition instead of having a nation confront the lingering remnants of its centuries-old attitude? Makes white people feel oppressed. So shut up minorities, unless you say things we like.

Grow up.

Last edited:
DJpbNUjUEAAkzwL.jpg

Apparently these fans were kicked out of a Red Sox game for displaying this sign. Personally, I think that was a bit excessive as they paid for their tickets (presumably) and only put up a sign, if the sign violated rules, I think they should have just confiscated it and allowed the racists to get their sign back after the game.

You've probably heard by now that those aren't racist, but rather activist that were pointing out America's long history of racism.

Baseball sucks shit, the sign is accurate, and there are a whole lot of whiney cunts ITT.

DJpbNUjUEAAkzwL.jpg

should read that racism is as human as sneezing. though, truly powerful critical thinkers can check this tendency in themselves.

what a silly thing to make a giant sign over.

Well, it's a truism.

If they're trying to make some sort of statement that's anti-American then they've failed.

Racism has always been and will always be part of any country. America is no exception. You can try to eliminate or minimize it all you want but it's not going to make it go away. Not a country in the world where racism does not exist.

I think they're trying to say that it's America's Pastime - which actually makes since (once very very popular and now in decline).

They probably came to the analogy by accident because I tend to find these groups to be complaining about stupid things - cop shoots a thief.

You've probably heard by now that those aren't racist, but rather activist that were pointing out America's long history of racism.
Yes, yes I have. What a terrible way to be an activist, their logic for that was retarded.

identity politics at a baseball game? It's like Jesus, do we have to? Can we not just enjoy the baseball game and discuss the issues when I'm not trying to relax and have fun.

Yea no shit...

Self loathing and righteous leftist fucks....the scum of the planet

Back