What are your thoughts about bullied kids committing suicide?

Yes sir that is my opinion. There are babies and kids dying everyday from starvation, disease and negligence at least when some kid commits suicide they were lucky enough to have the ability to make the decision themselves and not die due to circumstances beyond their control so if they don't want to live in this world they have an option to change that.

These kids who commit suicide due to bullying had many ways to remedy the problem instead they chose death. It's an option open to all of us. If that's the route any human wants to take than I say do it.

Babies or kids that die due to starvation will continue to do so whether kids commit suicide or not. What sheety logic and outlook you have. You need to do some reevaluating with your life and make some changes because your outlook really makes you sound like a sociopath.

I feel like they're weakminded, and it's honestly Social Darwinism working it's way out

Why society went away from 'sticks and stones may hurt my bones, but words may never hurt me' I have no clue, it's having an absolutely detrimental effect on societal norms

Babies or kids that die due to starvation will continue to do so whether kids commit suicide or not. What sheety logic and outlook you have. You need to do some reevaluating with your life and make some changes because your outlook really makes you sound like a sociopath.

"Sheety" I like it. I can understand your opinion of me based on this one point of view but I can assure you that you and I would most likely get along just fine in this world. Aside from my liberal point of view on death I enjoy many things you enjoy such as sunny days, puppies and kittens, meals with friends or families, general discussions, laughter, and due to my love for those things no bully could make me take my life. For those people influenced enough by someone to commit suicide than that option is always open to them and I don't fault them for their choice. Their life is there's to do as they wish. Many people in this world would like to choose the time they go some are unfortunate enough to have that decision made for them by someone else.

"Sheety" still makes me laugh with your user name :)

I am late to the conversation, but I think it's because it's so much more serious to be a child these days. Before being a child was all about having fun and growing up, now we are expecting children to be little adults.

We used to give them toys and bikes to play with, now we give them iPads that will track and record everything they do and ask them about their sexuality.

We're asking kids to deal with complex adult problems way too young, while at the same time not holding them accountable for behaving like a good child.
It's a recipe for a total mind fuck.

I feel like they're weakminded, and it's honestly Social Darwinism working it's way out

Why society went away from 'sticks and stones may hurt my bones, but words may never hurt me' I have no clue, it's having an absolutely detrimental effect on societal norms

Well one it's a bullshit saying to begin with.

And the society saying that didn't have the internet to make harrasment a 24/7 thing.

I'm probably going to be criticized harshly for this, but I think that the law should get involved for children who are beaten or terrorised.

Police come round, grill the shit out of the parents and threaten to take the child away if he or she doesn't cut the shit out.

Children are such cunts nowadays because adults let them get away with what they please. Rip the safety net away from them and their families.

Well one it's a bullshit saying to begin with.

And the society saying that didn't have the internet to make harrasment a 24/7 thing.
ya, but in our day people actually got beat up and physically bullied....

words should have zero effect, again, unless you're weakminded. "your mom is a slut!' 'uh no she's not, thanks anyway' keep walking

too easy. You can ignore words, you can't ignore a punch to the face

and it's not a bullshit saying. If someone calls you a name, you can't just beat them up a result...b/c words don't hurt you

words should have zero effect, again, unless you're weakminded. "your mom is a slut!' 'uh no she's not, thanks anyway' keep walking

thats an interesting point of view, let me know if you feel the same if anyone in your family decides to end it themselves.

and it's not a bullshit saying. If someone calls you a name, you can't just beat them up a result...b/c words don't hurt you
You CAN ignore the words but with Facebook and shit the bigger problem is fucking EVERYONE ends up seeing it.

I was a part of that group that was in middle school when MySpace started and I remember I ignored the shit people said about me on there but then they bring it to school and talk about about the shit they talked behind your back essentially with inside jokes and shit.

It's really weird and I can see how kids just can't get away from it.

thats an interesting point of view, let me know if you feel the same if anyone in your family decides to end it themselves.
I still would, absolutely, anybody that kills themselves over a 1st World Problem.......

I spent significant portions of my life in the Third World around REAL poverty and REAL violence and just shitty QoL. Yet, not a lot of suicides....wonder why that is.

You CAN ignore the words but with Facebook and shit the bigger problem is fucking EVERYONE ends up seeing it.

I was a part of that group that was in middle school when MySpace started and I remember I ignored the shit people said about me on there but then they bring it to school and talk about about the shit they talked behind your back essentially with inside jokes and shit.

It's really weird and I can see how kids just can't get away from it.
you don't even have to Ignore it as much as simply disagree with it

the higher self esteem one has, the less they care about what others think and let it effect them

the higher self esteem one has, the less they care about what others think and let it effect them
The ones with high self esteem are rarely RARELY the targets of bullying though.

Like, me, I outsized fucking EVERYONE in school going into high school save 2-3 guys and was ALWAYS the prime target of bullying. Why, I was over 6 foot going into high school and well over 250 but didn't wrestle or play football, played piano and was in band.

So I am sure you know where the bullying started and the shit that was said about me. It stopped when I got in a fight with a bully and cracked a couple of his bones but still. Those with high self esteem are rarely targeted.

The ones with high self esteem are rarely RARELY the targets of bullying though.

Like, me, I outsized fucking EVERYONE in school going into high school save 2-3 guys and was ALWAYS the prime target of bullying. Why, I was over 6 foot going into high school and well over 250 but didn't wrestle or play football, played piano and was in band.

So I am sure you know where the bullying started and the shit that was said about me. It stopped when I got in a fight with a bully and cracked a couple of his bones but still. Those with high self esteem are rarely targeted.
oh no doubt, which is why I said we collectively need to raise self esteem of our society as whole

to prevent both suicides and mass shooters tbh

yep those teenage kids, absolutely full of high self esteem.

Strong parenting and having open communication with your kids is the best bet

Couldn't have said it better myself.
We have to be involved in our kids lives a bit more nowadays.
-Talking with them through their various daily interactions and conflicts should help them understand confrontations with peers and develop their backbone.

I also want to teach my kid to be a bit physically tough as well, it does tremendous help when coupled with verbal wit/intelligence.

Physics (ability to transfer force a.k.a. fight) is always important.
<JonesLaugh>

yep those teenage kids, absolutely full of high self esteem.
I fully admit that I have no idea what it's like to be Depressed, or have low self esteem, etc...

so obviously it's not as easy as I'm implying to just pick yourself up

i'm just explaining why I feel no sympathy for people that kill themselves in the first world (generally speaking)

[QUOTE="HunterSdVa29, post: 139165893, member: 287685"]I fully admit that I have no idea what it's like to be Depressed, or have low self esteem, etc...

so obviously it's not as easy as I'm implying to just pick yourself up

i'm just explaining why I feel no sympathy for people that kill themselves in the first world (generally speaking)[/QUOTE]

It would help if social media be regulated like Alcohol.

But that is likely impossible without everyone having an online ID
Thats been ny fear....people will use kids to restrict the internet and make us not be able to be anon anymore.

Back