What are your pet peeves when watching ufc cards

Can't be dumber than my old girlfriend.

She asked to go to the bar with me to watch the fights. She'd never seen a UFC card, and this was back when they had the old 'gladiator' intro.

Gladiator-mma-663476_1024_768.jpg

When she saw this, she asked "Oh, they fight with swords and shields?"

I spit out my beer and couldn't stop laughing for three solid minutes.

It was dumb, adorable, and surprisingly fitting question to be asked by a innocent girl that had never even seen a fightfight since elementary school.

But still, it was quite possibly the funniest sincere question anyone had ever asked me.

I've got you both beat. While watching the intro to "Nightmare on Elm Street" (where Freddy is making his claw hand weapon) my ex asks "ohhhhh, is this based on a true story?"

I've got you both beat. While watching the intro to "Nightmare on Elm Street" (where Freddy is making his claw hand weapon) my ex asks "ohhhhh, is this based on a true story?"

Well, at least she asked the question during the intro, and not at the ending.

Well, at least she asked the question during the intro, and not at the ending.

True, but she also asked if Johnny Depp was Freddy when his name popped up on the opening credits so I wouldn't give her too much credit.

fighters who rock their opponents and immediately shoot for a takedown
what about fighters whose only chance of winning is by knockout and they keep going for takedowns like Perry vs Griffin?

Mostly commentary shit that's why I watch PPVs in Spanish

Being in the US I'm sure others have it worse but I hate that they start the cards so late. Why not start the main card at 8PM? The main event ends up being at 1am when they start at 10PM. Makes no sense.
In the uk main card can start anywhen between 1-3am.
It’s annoying can never really watch it live.

When the crowd starts doing the ric flair ‘woo’ constantly thinking they are hilarious.

2. The presentation also is old and tired. It's long overdue for a makeover. Try turning the lights on in the arena, showing the crowd more, new camera angles, etc.
3. Part of the presentation, music for entrances needs to be much louder. Also, crowds should be better mic'ed during the fights. They could take note from WWE on both of these.
These, mixed with the super generic rebok kits make it hard for fighters to show any real individuality and stand out.
My SO is a casual fan and struggles to distinguish lots of fighters. Proper entrances and custom gear I think would go a long way towards solving this.

The conundrum of legal turtling vs illegal strikes to the back of the head, neck and spine. Illegal strike zones should NOT be used as legal defensive shields.

Commentators who don't know how fights are scored. You hear nonsense like "x is clearly getting outstruck, but he's moving forward so there's an argument he's winning" all the time. There's no wonder most MMA fans don't even know the rules when the guys who should be educating them are clueless

Going to Hooters or some other sports bar with a ton of clueless old people. Half the time when someone is getting put into a submission or a bad spot, they say stuff like why doesn't that idiot get up or stop doing all that gay shit, if that was me I would have just stepped to the side and blasted him in the face. I'm sitting there like... Grandpa he's in a fucking rear naked choke, none of what you suggested would help in this situation. Other times it's some old dude who wrestled on his JV high school team, saying shit like man none of these guys can fight, getting all riled up, and ghost boxing.

The intro and anytime buffer opens his mouth

Fighters who rock someone or have good success on the feet but shoot for a takedown.
Also, stalling against the fence.

Yeah it is at least free though right? Even so I don't know how many events I'd actually watch that late
Not free actually, I have to pay for an extra sports package(full of shit I don’t care about), on top of my already over priced virgin box, just to get it.

1. MMA with WMMA interspersed on PPV. I don't have anything against female basketball players but I don't watch the WNBA, and it would lessen my experience if female teams took the court randomly peppered in NBA games. Run a WMMA PPV every third month and fans get exactly what they want with their dollars.

2. Jon Anik appears to be a nice guy and is a fine broadcaster. He doesn't belong cage side calling MMA fights.

3. PPV broadcast overall presentation needs an update. The overlays feel dated, even some of the newer graphics.

4. $65 is ridiculous for many if not most of the cards.

Back