What are your opinions on the future of MW?

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
I know for awhile people looked at the division as lacking and alot of the guys were getting old or close to retiring.

Looking at the rankings from a year or two ago, half the division from that period has either retired, moved to a rival promotion or is moving up to LHW it seems.

But with guys like Costa, Adesanya, Tavares, Gastelum, ACJr and, we'll eventually be seeing Till at that weight class too, I'd say we've got a pretty good era just starting.

Not to mention, Robert Whittaker is part of the new breed aswell in terms of age, although, he's already had some tough fights against Romero and is the champion, not some new blood. But he'll be around for quite a while hopefully.

Adesanya, Costa, Gastelum, Whittaker, Romero going to be the top 5 for atleast next 2 years.

I agree. UFC lucked out at MW... I wish they could do the same on LHW and HW as well...

giphy.gif

source.gif

BY06jWm.gif

I see Costa, Adesanya, Whittaker, Gastelum and Till(provided he finally moves up soon) being the upper half of the top 10 a year or so from now.

I can't see Israel or Costa beating my boy but we shall see. I didn't think Adesanya would beat Tavares and he made it look easy.
Weidman has the Wrestling advantage against both of them. To be fair to Weidman, the guys only lost to guys who could hang with him grappling wise and then proceeded to fuck him up on the feet or on the ground.

Weidman has the Wrestling advantage against both of them. To be fair to Weidman, the guys only lost to guys who could hang with him grappling wise and then proceeded to fuck him up on the feet or on the ground.
Yeah all the fights he lost he didn't do bad. He showed he could beat them in a rematch IMO.

it will never be as good as Mousasi, Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero, Gastelum, Bisping....did i forget someone?...could and should have been. it's a bummer that era fell so flat and then died.

ya im still resentful

Don't know.

All I know is that not long ago it was a division that had Jacaré, Weidman, Rockhold, Romero, Mousasi and it looked liked it would be the best era of the division. But then Bisping happened. And GSP. And it all went to shit.

So my opinion is that I hope the UFC learned something from that clusterfuck.

it will never be as good as Mousasi, Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero, Gastelum, Bisping....did i forget someone?...could and should have been. it's a bummer that era fell so flat and then died.

ya im still resentful
Gastelum and Whittaker will still be around though.

Can't say I'm going to miss Bisping.

The fighter that I wish was still around is Mousasi.

Don't know.

All I know is that not long ago it was a division that had Jacaré, Weidman, Rockhold, Romero, Mousasi and it looked liked it would be the best era of the division. But then Bisping happened. And GSP. And it all went to shit.

So my opinion is that I hope the UFC learned something from that clusterfuck.
They definitely need to learn from letting guys hold a division hostage so they can make a pay day.

His 5 minutes of cardio is kind of a problem though.

Back