what are your favourite bangkok gyms and why?

DonKal

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
going to Thailand in feb or march looking to try a new gym any recommendations? doesn't have to be Bangkok but thats preferable thanks in advanced guys

Chuwattna Gym.

PROS:
The training was intense and strictly regimented. Once you finish hitting pads you go right into sparring or clinching. There were only 2 other foreigners when I trained there so you'd get plenty of attention. They also train and compete in western Boxing when I was there. Their homegrown fighters are beast.

CONS:
The gym was a little difficult to find. I didn't live in camp so had to take tuk tuks to get there. Most drivers didn't know where the gym was so they would leave me in a general area.

Meenayothin gym because they can train many fighter became to mauy thai champion and boxing champion.

Chuwattna Gym.

CONS:
The gym was a little difficult to find. I didn't live in camp so had to take tuk tuks to get there. Most drivers didn't know where the gym was so they would leave me in a general area.

that sounds bad. a good gym and people who's job it is to bring people to places can't even seem to find it? and they just drop you off somewhere random? why even pay them?

that sounds bad. a good gym and people who's job it is to bring people to places can't even seem to find it? and they just drop you off somewhere random? why even pay them?

I don't know the "Whys" of their business but I do know it's an intense gym that doesn't cater to filling up their gym with tourist.

Chuwattna Gym.

PROS:
The training was intense and strictly regimented. Once you finish hitting pads you go right into sparring or clinching. There were only 2 other foreigners when I trained there so you'd get plenty of attention. They also train and compete in western Boxing when I was there. Their homegrown fighters are beast.

CONS:

Where is this gym? I'm familiar with BKK, so I know the feeling of getting dropped off lol. Do you have an address (in Thai is ok)?

first of all, they don't cater to tourists. that's just side business.

second, go to thailand and figure out where shit is with hundreds of sidestreets.

edit: Oh nevermind, just saw who I am answering to.

<36>

Go to Kems Gym in the khao yai mountainst, clinch with yodwicha, off the beaten track, quiet and non tourist with all mod cons

Where is this gym? I'm familiar with BKK, so I know the feeling of getting dropped off lol. Do you have an address (in Thai is ok)?

Have the driver bring you to BMA hospital by Worachak and Luang near chinatown and then walk to the gym. It's on Maha Jack Road which is small and hard to find. You should look for a 7-11. There's two in the area from what I remember but the one you're looking for will have an alley to its left with a chinese lantern. Walk down the alley and look in the windows on the left side until you see a ring. You're there!

I got off the plane in the middle of the night with handwritten instructions on a crumpled piece of paper telling me to look for an alley by a 7-11 near a hospital. It was fine!

Here's the alley on google maps:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@13.7466...Hu_0HFly4PMFF1XOLQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Btw the training is top notch. They train you like a Thai and if you work like one and try to learn the language they'll treat you like family. Really great place, it's the real deal. If you want to go you can PM me and I'll share some deets.

Last edited:
Have the driver bring you to BMA hospital by Worachak and Luang near chinatown and then walk to the gym. It's on Maha Jack Road which is small and hard to find. You should look for a 7-11. There's two in the area from what I remember but the one you're looking for will have an alley to its left with a chinese lantern. Walk down the alley and look in the windows on the left side until you see a ring. You're there!

I got off the plane in the middle of the night with handwritten instructions on a crumpled piece of paper telling me to look for an alley by a 7-11 near a hospital. It was fine!

Here's the alley on google maps:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@13.7466...Hu_0HFly4PMFF1XOLQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Btw the training is top notch. They train you like a Thai and if you work like one and try to learn the language they'll treat you like family. Really great place, it's the real deal. If you want to go you can PM me and I'll share some deets.

Thanks dude. Lol I love all the little weird stuff just crammed into side streets in BKK. Half the time it looks like nothing is there. I actually learned to read Thai specifically so I could have people write me addresses/directions when going out. I might be moving back soon, I'll hit you up if I do, I'm definitely going to be checking out new gyms.

Back