What Are Your Favorite Sci-Fi Movies?

I'm not sure if these all qualify as scifi or not. Depending on your definition it can be a broad category:

Alien and Aliens
Star Trek 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8
Star Wars episodes 4,5 & 6
Predator
Back to the Future I & II
Terminator 1&2
Total Recall
Robocop
Independence Day
Blade Runner
Fifth Element

Came in to post these 3

Top of my head:

Alien
Aliens
The Terminator
Terminator 2
The Abyss
Gravity
Pacific Rim
Edge of Tomorrow
Robocop
Predator
Back to the Future

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a lot of sci-fi movies in my list.
Back to the Future is a comedy with a sci fi overlay, not really science fiction.
But this is a good list.
I haven't seen Pacific Rim or Edge of Tomorrow but if you put them among the rest of these, I'll have to.

Back to the Future is a comedy with a sci fi overlay, not really science fiction.
But this is a good list.
I haven't seen Pacific Rim or Edge of Tomorrow but if you put them among the rest of these, I'll have to.

"Pacific rim" was almost an exact photo copy of Evangelion anime. Not too original, imho.

Although "Edge of Tomorrow" was a sci-fi copy/version of "the Groundhog day", I did enjoy it immensely. Granted, Emily Blunt is mah fave woman in the world.

"Pacific rim" was almost an exact photo copy of Evangelion anime. Not too original, imho.

Although "Edge of Tomorrow" was a sci-fi copy/version of "the Groundhog day", I did enjoy it immensely. Granted, Emily Blunt is mah fave woman in the world.
I'm pretty forgiving if I like the story.
In spite of it's failures, I like Prometheus.
Really what kills a sci fi faster than anything for me is bad physics.
Star Wars, I can only tolerate because it's tradition for me, first film I ever saw in a theater. It has terrible physics, but I ignore it well enough.

Sunshine is hella under rated people get pissed with the ending but it's visually stunning.

sunshine-movie_00273645.jpg

God damn it, dont get all mature and civil about this.

Tron
Army of darkness
District 9
They live
Starship troopers
Double dumb ass on you!!
Nice list

I'll have to get to get into District 9.
I own the movie but those SA accents just drive me to distraction

Sunshine is hella under rated people get pissed with the ending but it's visually stunning.

I stopped watching because the characters were retards. Maybe I should have a few beers and try again.

Blade runner, roy batty's after you, blade runner, if he catches you you're through!

Star Wars 4 & 5
Rogue One
Ex Machina
Interstellar
Europa Report
The Martian
Dredd
Sunshine
Moon

Star Wars (zvyozdy voyny in Russian, it sounds dope in my language ahah)
Total Recall is cool
Mad Max

The Matrix
Minority Report
Vanilla Sky
Logan's Run
Event Horizon
Interstellar
Moon
12 Monkeys
A.I.
Her
Planet of the Apes
Tron
Fantastic Planet
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lucy
Donnie Darko
Southland Tales
Good list

Many have already named so many greats so I won't repeat. But I'll put a shout out to a great little gem people often overlook that has a wonderful Neo Noir feel like Blade Runner, but some themes similar to Matrix:

Dark City

Back