What are your favorite boxing gloves color?

XxaemaeThxX

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I know it may be trivial to some, since boxing is essential a bloody war, but I feel personally colors due have psychological properties, albeit minimal, but I feel a fighter should take advantage of every piece and grain of advantage that he can.

Here was a study done with just females (not sure why) where they tested response time for yellow, green and red and Yellow had the highest response time:
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/nri/2014/301473/

Some psychological properties of colors:
http://www.colour-affects.co.uk/psychological-properties-of-colours

It also looks super dope to see your favorite fighter (or yourself if you fight), to come out in matching gear, i.e. trunks, shoes, gloves.

Anyway, so trolling aside, what are your favorite boxing glove colors gentlemen?

Metallic purple to put the fear of Prince into my opponents.

Metallic purple to put the fear of Prince into my opponents.

IVjGo2h.gif

I know it may be trivial to some, since boxing is essential a bloody war, but I feel personally colors due have psychological properties, albeit minimal, but I feel a fighter should take advantage of every piece and grain of advantage that he can.

Here was a study done with just females (not sure why) where they tested response time for yellow, green and red and Yellow had the highest response time:
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/nri/2014/301473/

Some psychological properties of colors:
http://www.colour-affects.co.uk/psychological-properties-of-colours

It also looks super dope to see your favorite fighter (or yourself if you fight), to come out in matching gear, i.e. trunks, shoes, gloves.

Anyway, so trolling aside, what are your favorite boxing glove colors gentlemen?

My favorite color is Green. But like Kelly Green or a derivative of. Green is a very positive color IMO. It just gives me a good feeling. I'm also a fan of Purple most Brahs feel like it's a feminine color but it's actual a royal color. I just think it's pretty chill really. You can't go wrong with classic Red or Black though IMO.

It's funny you mention yellow. Because I just ordered a pair of yellow " PRO MEX " 16oz training gloves from TITLE earlier this past week. They were on sale with an additional discount. I don't really need them. My glove collection is so vast I could train everyday and not use the same pair of gloves for over a month. And I don't train everyday.

ea09af0661b8472c14dedc7dac58b1c8_1024x1024.jpeg

imgrc0102028304.jpg

<{silvanormal}> .

sexy, I love that green pair! Reminds me of the pair that Pacquiao has and trains with (he's one of my favorite boxers).

Ha, and we must be similiar, I really dig Purple for some reason too (Darth Revan and Mace Windus Lightsaber), lol always have, but yeah, sucks that it's perceived as feminine. Those metallic purple, silver GRANTS are just amazing.

Purple is just fucking sexy. Anytime a boxer wears Purple grants I get jealous.

Purple is just fucking sexy. Anytime a boxer wears Purple grants I get jealous.

I get fucking sick to my stomach that Andre Ward gets custom one off Jordan boxing trainers, Were not talking just a custom colorway... No. They design a whole shoe for him. AND NO YOU CAN'T BUY IT.

andre-ward-air-jordan-3-black-cement-boxing-boots

<DCrying> . WTF!! SO JELLY.

My favorite color is Green. But like Kelly Green or a derivative of. Green is a very positive color IMO. It just gives me a good feeling. I'm also a fan of Purple most Brahs feel like it's a feminine color but it's actual a royal color. I just think it's pretty chill really. You can't go wrong with classic Red or Black though IMO.

It's funny you mention yellow. Because I just ordered a pair of yellow " PRO MEX " 16oz training gloves from TITLE earlier this past week. They were on sale with an additional discount. I don't really need them. My glove collection is so vast I could train everyday and not use the same pair of gloves for over a month. And I don't train everyday.

ea09af0661b8472c14dedc7dac58b1c8_1024x1024.jpeg

imgrc0102028304.jpg

<{silvanormal}> .
Both those gloves look amazing.

I get fucking sick to my stomach that Andre Ward gets custom one off Jordan boxing trainers, Were not talking just a custom colorway... No. They design a whole shoe for him. AND NO YOU CAN'T BUY IT.

andre-ward-air-jordan-3-black-cement-boxing-boots

<DCrying> . WTF!! SO JELLY.
Even if they did a limited run, they’d probably sell instantly so can’t see why they wouldn’t do it.

Even if they did a limited run, they’d probably sell instantly so can’t see why they wouldn’t do it.

Whats the fuking point ?? Step 1. " Hey everyone here are some dope ass trainers were never going to sell to the public. " Step 2. NO SALE Step 3. Profit ???

jake%2Bgyllenhaal%2Brage.gif

Back