What are your 10 most anticipated up and coming fkghts

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The rest of year is going to be pretty damn wild. So much good stuff coming our way. Of what's been officially announced, give me your 10 most anticipated bouts

1- Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor
2- Michael Bisping(c) vs Georges St Pierre
3- Cody Garbradnt(c) vs TJ Dillashaw
4- Joanna Jedzrejcyck(c) vs Rose Namajumas
5- Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje
6- Max Holloway(c) vs Frankie Edgar
7- Junior dos Santos vs Francis Ngannou
8- Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee
9- Amanda Nunes(c) vs Valentina Shevchenko
10- Mike Perry vs Thiago Alves

HM-
Gilbert Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens
Hector Lombard vs Anthony Smith
Lando Vanatta vs Bobby Green
Curtis Blaydes vs Oleksiy Olyinyk
Johny Hendricks vs Paulo Borrachinha

I consider myself a hardcore fan but... man! half of those fights doesn't excite me at all, it's just "decent fights"

Dillashaw vs Garbrandt is the top one for me
Holloway/Edgar
Nunes/Shevchenko
Fergusson vs anyone for a title

1. GGG vs Canelo

I don't think there's any other fights besides this that in super excited for. I'm looking forward to a lot though, but not anticipating them much.

The ones in the TS. In the same order. Alcohol has killed my imagination.

Those fight are great... what's the problem?

GSP vs Bisping is not great. Outside of Bisping's single belt-winning performance, neither of these guys have made a championship fight exciting for a long time (GSP hasn't since BJ Penn).

There are many good fights coming up, but I'm most excited about Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw, Holloway vs. Edgar and the return of Ferguson...

Boxing has had a great year so far - Golovkin vs. Canelo and Wilder vs. Ortiz are fantastic fights too and potentially so is Gassiev vs. Briedis!

The World Boxing Super Series at especially cruiserweight is stacked, and matchups between Groves, Smith and Eubank are also exciting :)

We just have to get through the next couple of weeks where nothing is happening, except The Money Fight, and then every weekend is solid!

GSP vs Bisping is not great. Outside of Bisping's single belt-winning performance, neither of these guys have made a championship fight exciting for a long time (GSP hasn't since BJ Penn).
Bisping has been in several exiting fights. Win or lose he always delivers. GSP vs Bisping isn't that great I agree, but it is interesting to watch GSP return and fighting at MW. So much intrigue behind that one.

Bisping has been in several exiting fights. Win or lose he always delivers. GSP vs Bisping isn't that great I agree, but it is interesting to watch GSP return and fighting at MW. So much intrigue behind that one.

I can't find any intrigue in a guy, who didn't look to be fighting with the necessary passion five years ago, stepping up a weight class to try to out wrestle someone.

However, to the topic, I'll say I'm very much h looking forward to:

Eddie vs Justin
Poirier vs Pettis
Tony vs Kevin Lee
Garbrandt vs Dillashaw
Max vs Frankie

all amazing matchups.

Those fight are great... what's the problem?

1. I don't care about May/Mac, I watch MMA and don't feel excited for boxing
2. I'd rather have GSP vs Tyron and Bisping vs Whittaker/Yoel/Luke
3. I'm excited, like both guys
4. I like Rose but she isn't a bigger challenge than Andrade/Karo/Gadelha
5.I don't like the idea of putting Gaethje on TUF, he should be fighting Barboza or even Tony instead of Lee
6. I'm excited, intriguing matchup
7. Not a bad matchup but we don't know who JDS will appear, I excited for any Ngannou fight tho
8. I love Cucuy but I don't think Lee deserves the TS, I was excited about Tony vs Khabib
9. I'm excited, best WMMA fight atm
10. Not as big as the previous fights, I like PMP but I'm not in the nation

HM: Only Lando and Blaydes/Boa

I consider myself a hardcore fan but... man! half of those fights doesn't excite me at all, it's just "decent fights"
You are not alone. Not counting the women, the UFC has only two championship fights for the last five months of the year? With 8 weight classes? How is that possible? And of those two, one is a freak show fight with a retired WW moving up to MW to fight the weakest MW champ in the past decade. I'm not saying only championship fights matter, but what the hell is going on with the UFC's matchmaking these days?

The rest of year is going to be pretty damn wild. So much good stuff coming our way. Of what's been officially announced, give me your 10 most anticipated bouts

1- Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor
2- Michael Bisping(c) vs Georges St Pierre
3- Cody Garbradnt(c) vs TJ Dillashaw
4- Joanna Jedzrejcyck(c) vs Rose Namajumas
5- Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje
6- Max Holloway(c) vs Frankie Edgar
7- Junior dos Santos vs Francis Ngannou
8- Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee
9- Amanda Nunes(c) vs Valentina Shevchenko
10- Mike Perry vs Thiago Alves

HM-
Gilbert Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens
Hector Lombard vs Anthony Smith
Lando Vanatta vs Bobby Green
Curtis Blaydes vs Oleksiy Olyinyk
Johny Hendricks vs Paulo Borrachinha
None of those fights I am thrilled for, especially the con fight!! I will only see the highlights of the embarrassment of Conor that's if it's not fixed!

Jones vs Gus 2 is the best fight the UFC can make. Lots of good fights on that list but nothing spectacular. I really like Edgar vs Max stylistically, def one to watch. Cody/TJ is another good one, but imo Cody's too fast on the inside with counters for TJ to have enough success to make it a classic.

1. Edgar vs Holloway
2. TJ vs Cody
3. JDS vs Ngannou
4. Gaethje vs Alvarez
5. Ferguson vs Lee
6. DJ vs Borg
7. Bisping vs GSP

1- Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Mayweather UD
3- Cody Garbradnt(c) vs TJ Dillashaw - TJ via SD
5- Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje - Alvarez via TKO
6- Max Holloway(c) vs Frankie Edgar - Frankie via sub
7- Junior dos Santos vs Francis Ngannou - Ngannou via UD

HM-
Gilbert Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens - Melendez via UD

Only those I find them interesting.

Back