What are you reading, non- fiction. Share the knowledge.

Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Khanemann (check sp.)
Andrew Marr's A History of the World
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Bad Science by Ben Goldacre
Still haven't finished Thinking Fast and Slow or History of the World
The other two are great

Nina Hartley sex book, dont remember the name

Just finishing up Toby Wilkinsons "The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt". Its interesting but as he's covering 3000 years in 500 pages he necessarily has to sweep thru things pretty fast so there's not a lot of depth. Good primer tho.

"A Closer Walk with Christ" by Fr. Raymond Gawronski. I had him as a professor when I was at Marquette U.

That nonsense will hardly prepare me to debate a theist.

There are no absolute truths out there friend. No perfect circles in nature and neither perfect lines. There's always uncertainty everywhere you look and we're playing a game of probabilities. It would be more logical to say it's improbable that there is a God rather than impossible, but thing is probabilities are often subject to change.

Reading Memoirs of a Public Servant. Written by the off duty Vegas Cop who was killed at the Route 91 shooting.

Pretty good book, accurate depiction of the weird day to day law enforcement shit.

Bought it to help his family mostly.

That nonsense will hardly prepare me to debate a theist.
why would you bother debating the topic? ken ham said it all when he said there is no amount of evidence that would cause him to change, or even question, his faith. at that point...what's the point?

why would you bother debating the topic? ken ham said it all when he said there is no amount of evidence that would cause him to change, or even question, his faith. at that point...what's the point?

There is no evidence for, or against. People should learn some humility and say that we no clue. Instead they either vehemently deny the existence of a designer or on the opposite end, others attribute to him/her/it everything. We don't know what causes acne to suddenly appear in adults, but atheists and Christians and other faiths claim with 100% certitude the existence/nonexistence of something that lies beyond a cosmological horizon well out of reach. Get off your high horses

People can change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back