What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. Earning platinum (I'm ball-parking the gamescore equivalent per our trophy system) is impressive with how much has popped off over the course of events. I'm pretty sure I've now achieved all the Mad Max-type trophies for road rage, lol. And thanks for the clip. I'm using that exact scope right now on my sniper rifle. *pop, thud

<LucyBless>

I purchased the Gold edition so have both DLCs in the pipeline. I'll come back and drop an opinion or two on them when done. Love this game.

Go get the HTI. Its the best sniper in the game.

In anticipation of Devil May Cry 5 in a few months, I picked up 2015's beefed-up DmC – a remaster with multi-costume optionality and updated gameplay. Title has style and then some and when I saw Combichrist had scored it, I knew it was on. Having fun so far but am only a few hours in at time of writing.

Coming off the Zero Dawn DLC (beautiful, BTW) to this nonstop rave was a bit of a shock to the system, I must say. Its mission-lens worldview and Divinity Statues remind me a bit of Nioh, which I loved.
Ive never finished any of the DMC's, have played the reboot for a bit got bored, but Im definitely gonna run through em, I definitely want to play 3. Thats gonna be a blast but Ive been told number 2 is hot garbage etc. I just wanna have run through action games soon like bayonetta etc. Got the switch so Ill get bayonetta and pay that when its on sale. So much to play, no time, goddamit.

Any advice for a fellow ghost on how to neutralise Predator?

I was so hyped on this mission and picked up on the possible direction early when I'd hear that signature shriek echo throughout the region – but when I'd reached his jungled coliseum, as it were, this BAMF one-shot me every time and I have two revivals as it is, having earned the Epic squad achievement Last Chance.

Sometimes his energy projectile chips me even when behind raised terrain or stones and it's an art of attrition playing hide-and-go-seek with the tree trunks available. I've gotten almost double-digit headshots on him and he just trucks on or triangulates on me to fatal effect.

I devised two plans of my own but neither to any success.

One was to low-crawl like Arnold and cover myself in mud (clever, no? lol) and the second was to proximity-mine large circles of terrain so I can either hit him hard if he toes one in camo state, or then detect his whereabouts quicker at the very least. Nah. Green-blooded homie don't play that and I can't best him.

This simply cannot go on; my honour as an SF operative is at stake, lol.

@Hyperglide

Any advice for a fellow ghost on how to neutralise Predator?

I was so hyped on this mission and picked up on the possible direction early when I'd hear that signature shriek echo throughout the region – but when I'd reached his jungled coliseum, as it were, this BAMF one-shot me every time and I have two revivals as it is, having earned the Epic squad achievement Last Chance.

Sometimes his energy projectile chips me even when behind raised terrain or stones and it's an art of attrition playing hide-and-go-seek with the tree trunks available. I've gotten almost double-digit headshots on him and he just trucks on or triangulates on me to fatal effect.

I devised two plans of my own but neither to any success.

One was to low-crawl like Arnold and cover myself in mud (clever, no? lol) and the second was to proximity-mine large circles of terrain so I can either hit him hard if he toes one in camo state, or then detect his whereabouts quicker at the very least. Nah. Green-blooded homie don't play that and I can't best him.

This simply cannot go on; my honour as an SF operative is at stake, lol.

@Hyperglide

Squad up with 3 other players. It's the only way. Have a good LMG with a grenade launcher underbarrel. Don't spread out to much and stick close to trees and rocks as the soft cover helps with evading some of the predators various methods of dispatch.

And be very patient and you gotta be lucky. Its one of the hardest things to do to take down Jean Claude Van Pred.

Finished Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim. Lots of fun. Ys definitely one of my fav JRPG series. Falcom games always have instantly likeable characters, and the hack and slash is very satisfying. Ys Origins is still GOAT doe

Also finished Jydge. It's kind of like a cyberpunk Hotline Miami. Not as good as HM but pretty decent. I prefer another game the developers did with pretty much the same assets, Neon Chrome, because that was all randomly generated whereas Jydge is all designed scenarios. Decent music, I'm picking up the soundtrack.

Next I'm playing A Hat in Time and The Evil Within

Destiny 2 - Got the basic edition for free. Played it for like 3-4 hours. Couldn't get into it. Will give it a couple of tries before dropping it.

Yakuza 0 - Big fan of this gangster soap opera. Gladly fucking shit up as Kazuma Kiryu.

Counter strike : GO - Will fill my multiplayer urges with it, until I get unbanned from HOTS.

Assassin's Creed: Origins. I've never played Assassin's Creed because I don't like when Ubisoft make the conveyor production of their games but Origins is good. I like Egypt theme

Assassin's Creed: Origins. I've never played Assassin's Creed because I don't like when Ubisoft make the conveyor production of their games but Origins is good. I like Egypt theme

If you're interested in more Ass Creed games afterwards definitely check out Black Flag bro

I really liked that game too and I hope you see the journey through, for Bayek if no-one else. And welcome to the Community.

Darted in and out at dark from some dumpy village in Bolivia's beautiful south. Found a weapon case and ended up acquiring the HTI aka Death from a Distance. Hits like a truck as you said, Hyper, but the kick is hard and rate of fire is a must to sync any kill-shot or one misfire and I have an entire FOB on lockdown.

Just another day of reconnaissance and righting evildoers' wrongs. No big, lol.

@Hyperglide

Madden 25

Picked this up on a larf for the PS3. Haven't played a Madden game since the Genesis days.

Anyways, was playing defense always this bad? I can literally put the controller down after choosing a play. It makes no difference at all. Granted, I'm not exactly an advanced player, but it just seems like a crapshoot and the AI will decide if they make a play or not. I can remember back in the day, having a little more control over the players. It wasn't realistic, but it was just way more fun. Offense is still pretty good though, although, and maybe this is an issue with this particular entry to the series, there are way too many dropped passes. I swear, you make a complete pass, take two steps, and get the ball knocked out of your hands 50% of the time. I mean, it's nice that they don't count them as fumbles, but you pretty much have to be wide open to complete a pass. The chances of hanging onto the ball if you get hit shortly after catching it,.are slim to none.

Ah' well, it served it's purpose. Got my football fix. Pretty surprised that the servers are still up though. Me and 8 other people are still playing this game, LOL.

Finished Guns, Gore & Cannoli. Gonna replay it for the last 400 achievement points. Pretty good game and was dirt cheap.

Started BOTW yesterday and just sunk an insane amount of time into that. Its just so fun, I dont think no open world has given me this sense of "lets just go here and see what happens" in a long time since maybe fallout.

So refreshing to play after RDR2 tbh. Its insanely gorgeous in some moments aswell, just explosions of colour. Enjoyin it much more.

Went back to Ryse Son of Rome and picked up a bunch of achievements and played some of the DLC with my buddy. The combat is great and it is underrated. If Batman Arkham games had co-op I would hope it would be similar to Ryse. But with swords, murder and taunts.

Last edited:
Vampyr. The plot fascinates, and the scenes of the dialogues are difficult to distinguish from the movie. The emotional part is good, which many modern games lack

Vampyr. The plot fascinates, and the scenes of the dialogues are difficult to distinguish from the movie. The emotional part is good, which many modern games lack

I thought it was an interesting game. Well written. Lacked a lot of polish in gameplay but then Dontnod aren't AAA developers. Hopefully they end up being AAA because I'm officially fangirling them after Life is Strange.

I'm playing through final fantasy XV right now just started a couple days ago and at chapter 5, pretty fun game. Im really digging the combat especially once I got the hang of it and is the most fun part of the game for me. Love the monsters too, they're so unique and cool looking and all kinds of different things like those big giraffe looking things. Lol.

Not a big fan of the story so far or the characters though. I find the main character Noctis so booooring my god, dunno if I'm in the minority with this but I just can't get behind him. Maybe it's just nostalgia but hell I found the supporting characters in FF7 more interesting than Noctis. Supporting characters are alright though and the only thing keeping me from being bored to tears at some points.

If you guys havent played BOTW yet, do it.

I bought my switch just for first party nintendo games and I kept hearing BOTW and Odyssey are some of the best games this gen.

Ive already played 15 hours over 4 days (on holiday from work) and it just blows every other game ive played this year out of the water. Its so goddamn deep, its truly a fantastic sandbox, utter freedom. I love the difficulty of it aswell. Its been a while Ive played a game with such wonderous feeling of adventure, peril at every turn, hell its even kind of difficult. The low durability of gear means you could get squashed by even low level goblins or whatever. I wasnt ever a fan of the zelda games because my experience with em was limited. Only playe a couple of hours of ocarina of time but goddamn this game is a mix of all the best shit from open world games, the fun of nintndo games, difficulty of good action rpgs like dark souls etc. Cant wait to sink even more in. And its goddamn gorgeous.

Just started God of War. Holy fucking overrated. Take on waves of cookie cutter bland enemies in boring repetitive hack and slash combat! Oh here's finally a different type of enemy and it's immune to axe strikes...but it's super sensitive to.....PUNCHES!!! LOL holy fuck

Pretty much been playing AC Odyssey. 50 hours in, level 39 (helps I have the booster) and on Chapter 7.

Like Origins, love this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back