What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling so hard with red dead 2, some of the missions and random events are so fun but there is always 10+ minutes of talking and riding in between. I'm in chapter 3 now and its only getting worse, this game really isnt for me.

I felt the same about RDR. In the GTA games it's fine travelling between missions because you've weaving in and out of traffic and running people over and possibly getting chased by police. Whereas in Red Dead you're just in a barren, featureless desert on a horse. I still want to give RDR2 a chance though

I felt the same about RDR. In the GTA games it's fine travelling between missions because you've weaving in and out of traffic and running people over and possibly getting chased by police. Whereas in Red Dead you're just in a barren, featureless desert on a horse. I still want to give RDR2 a chance though

They try to break up that monotony by making hunting a lot more in depth. There is a crap ton of wildlife to hunt including legendary hunts.

It will never be on GTAs level though. Like you said the driving is very engaging and it helps to have a variety of ways to get around the map and tons of radio stations.

I'm going on vacation at the end of the month which is the only thing that saved me from buying a console for the sole purpose of playing Red Dead. Playing the new Western style Overwatch character doesn't help much.

X-Com 2 is still fucking me up. I was a god in Enemy Unknown, maybe I've been out of the game too long. Phoenix Point can't come soon enough.

I just finished war of the chosen. It was sort of easy once you get pass the shitty incredible unlucky shots in the beginning of the game. I was wondering if anyone played battletech and is that worth it to buy?

I just finished war of the chosen. It was sort of easy once you get pass the shitty incredible unlucky shots in the beginning of the game. I was wondering if anyone played battletech and is that worth it to buy?
It's an interesting game. I pre-ordered it and was a little disappointed with how barren it was after the (lame) main story is over, but I hear they've added a lot of stuff to it since launch. If you're a big fan of tinkering with mechs and tactical turn based combat, it's very nice. If you want a mech combat FPS, Mechwarrior Online is free and quite fun.

It's an interesting game. I pre-ordered it and was a little disappointed with how barren it was after the (lame) main story is over, but I hear they've added a lot of stuff to it since launch. If you're a big fan of tinkering with mechs and tactical turn based combat, it's very nice. If you want a mech combat FPS, Mechwarrior Online is free and quite fun.

Thanks man. I am a big tabletop turn by turn gamer but I think I played everything from Wasteland to all the Xcoms and those harebrained releases. I even played the shitty fallout tactics game. I will look at g2a.com to see if I can get battletech for like 14 bucks

Thanks man. I am a big tabletop turn by turn gamer but I think I played everything from Wasteland to all the Xcoms and those harebrained releases. I even played the shitty fallout tactics game. I will look at g2a.com to see if I can get battletech for like 14 bucks
I definitely enjoy the genre, check out Phoenix Point if you haven't already, it's being made by the creator of the original X-Com, I pre-ordered it ages ago.

Another game I had a lot of fun with was Battle Brothers, it's a low fantasy tactics game with a ton of room for stat tinkering. I'd try to get it <15 dollars, but it's quality.

I definitely enjoy the genre, check out Phoenix Point if you haven't already, it's being made by the creator of the original X-Com, I pre-ordered it ages ago.

Another game I had a lot of fun with was Battle Brothers, it's a low fantasy tactics game with a ton of room for stat tinkering. I'd try to get it <15 dollars, but it's quality.

You picked up the 30 dollar pre order? Did they give you an ETA ?

You picked up the 30 dollar pre order? Did they give you an ETA ?
Yeah, I wish I'd paid the extra 20 and got the backer builds they've been putting out, but when I bought it the release date was ~Q3 2018 so I didn't think it would matter. Now it's pushed back to Summer of next year, which I am okay with. It seems like a very ambitious game and I want it to be fully realized. I kind of feel like X-Com 2 was a step down from Enemy Unknown in a lot of ways, and I'm hoping Phoenix can scratch that itch. It looks like the Geoscape will be a huge part of the game, and that's right up my alley.

X-Com 2 is still fucking me up. I was a god in Enemy Unknown, maybe I've been out of the game too long. Phoenix Point can't come soon enough.

Are you playing with War of the Chosen? I hated vanilla XCOM 2. It was cheap as fuck with the new enemies and their shenanigans (Especially the Codex) and ran choppy no matter what I did. I ended up ditching it midway through. I eventually replayed it with the DLC and that solved all the problems. It struck a balance in the difficulty and also resolved all the technical issues. Also I discovered Steam Workshop had a ton of mods which made the whole thing better. The only thing was the map variety wasn't there but I saw there was a mod that added the original XCOM (Reboot) maps but it didn't work for me since I was halfway through the game at that point.

I even played the shitty fallout tactics game.

I loved Fallout Tactics bro. Although I never got past the huge difficulty spike when Super Mutants hit the scene. It seems like unless you spec'd your characters specifically for them long in advance you don't stand a chance.

Loved the game when it was just small arms combat against raiders and shit though

I loved Fallout Tactics bro. Although I never got past the huge difficulty spike when Super Mutants hit the scene. It seems like unless you spec'd your characters specifically for them long in advance you don't stand a chance.

Loved the game when it was just small arms combat against raiders and shit though
Oh maybe I cheesed a little then. I used all snipers and it made it easy. It’s the same with wasteland 2. The game was fun until it got super easy past a point where the enemies are more of an annoyance

Are you playing with War of the Chosen? I hated vanilla XCOM 2. It was cheap as fuck with the new enemies and their shenanigans (Especially the Codex) and ran choppy no matter what I did. I ended up ditching it midway through. I eventually replayed it with the DLC and that solved all the problems. It struck a balance in the difficulty and also resolved all the technical issues. Also I discovered Steam Workshop had a ton of mods which made the whole thing better. The only thing was the map variety wasn't there but I saw there was a mod that added the original XCOM (Reboot) maps but it didn't work for me since I was halfway through the game at that point.
I've been playing Long War, I didn't like the Advent timer aspect, I just wanna play around and liberate stuff, ya know? If the DLC goes on sale I'll pick it up. I didn't understand the infiltrate aspect for my first couple hours, and I was like, why am I facing 25 enemies in my first map?

Have had a lot of work and also been hooked on Locksport stuff so I couldn't play much this week

But this weekend will be spent binging rdr2 and getting into Pokemon switch

I have horrible ADD when it comes to games. Play a bit of rdr2, play black ops 4(have only played tdm), and downloaded Bulletstorm for free. All over the place. Too many games and not enough time to play and not enough attention to any. Still have to play uncharted 4 and god of war too.

As of 3 in the morning last night, I now write having finished Red Dead 2.

Not sure which resolution to events is considered the more canonical end or then 'the' end, as John's is what I wanted all along and what hit the spot, so to speak, while Arthur will always be my boy – feeling myself cliffside to have breathed my final breath and with him, to have bid the world adieu, remain what may unfinished. #prequelproblems

Mid-credits as it catches us up on each associate's latest, it got me right in the feels when it showed Pearson – now a shopkeep, looking over at a photograph on the wall of all of us on a wagon/coach back in the day.

<mma1>

With highs to make Icarus blush and fundamental lows that had me really scratching my head, the adage of having a love/hate relationship rings never truer. Camping in mountainscape. Loved it. Can't. Hitch. Damn. Horse. Annoyed. Shot dude's face off. Whoops. Sorry, mister. R*'s bad. Annoyed. Storytelling. Loved it. Mission botched – so and so dead. Wait, Paytah who, where? Restart. Annoyed. Buy new outfit. Have huge, level-9 moustache. Mosey through Saint Denis like a BAMF. Loved it. Triangle does the following 409 actions including scratch left nut daytime. Square, these 280 including scratch right nut nighttime. Annoyed. Dear Arthur, do everything we say, like, all the time, K? Love, Rockstar. Annoyed. Ranged combat. Not bad. Close-quarters combat. Yikes. I sneeze or step on flower alone on a remote ridge. Get bounty. Annoyed. Throw dynamite through window of hostile cabin in woods and wait with shotgun for everyone to come barrelling out the front door. Loved it. And so it went.

The track they play two renditions of in-game (*unshaken, something something crash and burn, *guitars) hit me right in the feels both times. Good thing I always game with an onion and garlic clove or two in my pocket to ward off any local vampires.

Smashing world, absolutely smashing. And the posse felt so alive, with each member a soul, voice, and fate all their own. I aim to goof about now, seeking out any Easter eggs or lore items and maybe just dedicating an alternate save slot to my being a chaos-weaver, making roadkill of passers-by and playing eye-spy through the scope on my Carcano rifle.

Appreciate all of the Dawg Posse reading my thoughts on it over the past few weeks. RDR2 – a memorable mix of awesome and WTF.

As of 3 in the morning last night, I now write having finished Red Dead 2.

Not sure which resolution to events is considered the more canonical end or then 'the' end, as John's is what I wanted all along and what hit the spot, so to speak, while Arthur will always be my boy – feeling myself cliffside to have breathed my final breath and with him, to have bid the world adieu, remain what may unfinished.

Mid-credits as it catches us up on each associate's latest, it got me right in the feels when it showed Pearson – now a shopkeep, looking over at a photograph on the wall of all of us on a wagon/coach back in the day.

<mma1>

With highs to make Icarus blush and fundamental lows that had me really scratching my head, the adage of having a love/hate relationship rings never truer. Camping in mountainscape. Loved it. Can't. Hitch. Damn. Horse. Annoyed. Shot dude's face off. Whoops. Sorry, mister. R*'s bad. Annoyed. Storytelling. Loved it. Mission botched – so and so dead. Wait, Paytah who, where? Restart. Annoyed. Buy new outfit. Have huge, level-9 moustache. Mosey through Saint Denis like a BAMF. Loved it. Triangle does the following 409 actions including scratch left nut daytime. Square, these 280 including scratch right nut nighttime. Annoyed. Dear Arthur, do everything we say, like, all the time, K? Love, Rockstar. Annoyed. Ranged combat. Not bad. Close-quarters combat. Yikes. I sneeze or step on flower alone on a remote ridge. Get bounty. Annoyed. Throw dynamite through window of hostile cabin in woods and wait with shotgun for everyone to come barrelling out the front door. Loved it. And so it went.

The track they play two renditions of in-game (*unshaken, something something crash and burn, *guitars) hit me right in the feels both times. Good thing I always game with an onion and garlic clove or two in my pocket to ward off any local vampires.

Smashing world, absolutely smashing. And the posse felt so alive, with each member a soul, voice, and fate all their own. I aim to goof about now, seeking out any Easter eggs or lore items and maybe just dedicating an alternate save slot to my being a chaos-weaver, making roadkill of passers-by and playing eye-spy through the scope on my Carcano rifle.

Appreciate all of the Dawg Posse reading my thoughts on it over the past few weeks. RDR2 – a memorable mix of awesome and WTF.

Glad you gave it a fair shake. I know there are things frustrating about it.

Also - with regards to Pearson/other members:

He, Tilly and Mary Beth are still discoverable. Pearson actually does run a store, I won't say where in case you feel like finding him yourself.

Glad you gave it a fair shake. I know there are things frustrating about it.

Also - with regards to Pearson/other members:

He, Tilly and Mary Beth are still discoverable. Pearson actually does run a store, I won't say where in case you feel like finding him yourself.
Hey, appreciate it, dude.

I do have a hunch – looks like that town outside Caliga Hall with the lovebirds, Rhodes(?), where we were ambushed at some point, but spent today rather visiting my own gravesite, having ended up firing five warning shots with the up key to simulate a hero's funeral – am I sappy or what? I'll visit the trapper for some berserker headwear tomorrow and head out thereafter to Rhodes to have a look-see. If he's not there, then I think it's Blackwater – something about the lighting in his shoppe tells me it's not Strawberry, Annesburg, or Valentine.

I never could break that Lake Isabellan Arabian in that Hyperglide tried to hook me up with. The princely thing hated my guts and I in all irony had an easier go with my approach of the nearby legendary bison.

A physical map came with my game edition that includes a New Austin territory. Is this a whole new state to explore or is it available only after online launches? Distraction never fails when I think I'm to ride due south and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back