What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ME Trilogy is GOAT-tier. Once you're balls deep there's no pulling out. ME1 and 2 are all about steady immersion into the universe and long interaction with the characters (Who are introduced gradually) though so I can understand them not immediately grabbing you.

ME1 is pretty dated in terms of mechanics though. I replay the trilogy pretty often and for ME1 I generally play on casual difficulty so I can white people my way through all the combat and focus on the plot.

White ppl your way through? So privilaged.

@jojoRed you should definitely do the entire series and skip Andromeda. ME1 has the worst combat by far with clunky controls and bad quality of life updates compared to 2 and 3. But still worrh it cause of an introduction to all the great characters and the best one in the series. Wrex.

2 easily has the best cast of characters, dialogue and universe buidling. They improved the feeling of combat by adding clips to guns called heat sinks which speeds up the gameplay.

3 is somewhere in the middle and although Marauder Shields (not a spoiler, trust me) is the worst final boss ever the combat and gameplay was the best in 3. I think it was the EA effect.

Fuck thats depressing, you'll never play your favourite game, watch your favourite movie etc because there isnt enough time, and before you know it, game over.

I am 38 single and only work 43 hours a week and even I have a yuge backlog. No kids no wife and I just have days where I dont feel like playing anything or go back to my fave games. I just finally blasted through Goat Simulator for 940/1000 on the base game.

Passed the B and A License tests for Gran Turismo 2 without too much frustration. I remember these stupid licenses being too damn hard. Maybe the harder tests are yet to come.

Damn dude, thats a classic. I could never go back to those old sim racers. They just feel so dated now. Digital controls are so clunky and awkward compared to modern analog controls. And a steering wheel and pedal system? Hoo boy. You dont even get 90 degree axis on thos old games. Do you play forza at all?

Would yall suggest starting ME1 or ME2, I wanna see what its about. Really disliked the early portion of both ME1 and ME2, but now I guess Im more open with my tastes recently. I would give it a try again as Ive just gotten a new PS3 controller.

ME1 is a bit of a mixed bag. It's not as polished as ME2, but it has a more RPG feel to it, and it tries to incorporate it into the action, with mixed results. There's a bit more customization, and has a deeper loot system. It's got some real rough patches though, like the Mako sections. Good Lord, the Mako sections.

It's worth playing for the story though, if you like the Bioware style. In that area it holds up well, and you want the full experience, it's cool taking your save over to ME2, and having some key actions from ME1 carry over. If you plan on playing the trilogy, it's best not to skip over any, as it does an admirable job of keeping track of what you did, and forming the story around your choices.

It's got some real rough patches though, like the Mako sections. Good Lord, the Mako sections.

I've had enough of your snide insinuations. And enough of your disingenuous assertions.

White ppl your way through? So privilaged.

@jojoRed you should definitely do the entire series and skip Andromeda. ME1 has the worst combat by far with clunky controls and bad quality of life updates compared to 2 and 3. But still worrh it cause of an introduction to all the great characters and the best one in the series. Wrex.

2 easily has the best cast of characters, dialogue and universe buidling. They improved the feeling of combat by adding clips to guns called heat sinks which speeds up the gameplay.

3 is somewhere in the middle and although Marauder Shields (not a spoiler, trust me) is the worst final boss ever the combat and gameplay was the best in 3. I think it was the EA effect.
ME1 is a bit of a mixed bag. It's not as polished as ME2, but it has a more RPG feel to it, and it tries to incorporate it into the action, with mixed results. There's a bit more customization, and has a deeper loot system. It's got some real rough patches though, like the Mako sections. Good Lord, the Mako sections.

It's worth playing for the story though, if you like the Bioware style. In that area it holds up well, and you want the full experience, it's cool taking your save over to ME2, and having some key actions from ME1 carry over. If you plan on playing the trilogy, it's best not to skip over any, as it does an admirable job of keeping track of what you did, and forming the story around your choices.

Man this series really affected those who play it to speak so highly of it. I need to play it, I got the PS3 and Ill buy the games. Wonder why they didnt remaster the series of this esteem, dont they want money, the greedy fucks lol.

Finished Shadow Of War feel like i've been playing it for ages, i really liked it but i couldn't handle the tedium of the shadow wars, i tapped out after a while and watched the ending on youtube.

Blasted through the Eltariel dlc then started Baranors but quickly set it aside. I'm burned out on it.

Enjoyed it a lot but i honestly preferred the first game. Maybe it's because the nemesis system was fresh.

Damn dude, thats a classic. I could never go back to those old sim racers. They just feel so dated now. Digital controls are so clunky and awkward compared to modern analog controls. And a steering wheel and pedal system? Hoo boy. You dont even get 90 degree axis on thos old games. Do you play forza at all?
I only have Gran Turismo 1, 2, 4 (used cheap). The difficulty of the licensing tests scared me away from any of their PS3 or PS4 games, but I am itching to see what they are like. GT4 was too damned hard. I couldn't get far with the shitty beginner cars and didn't feel like grinding forever to buy a decent car.

If Forza is XBOX exclusive, nope.

Playing Defiance 2050

3ab981f9-daa3-4e23-bd6f-7c04e07525d4.PNG

same map mechanics as DC universe with a pretty timely Cyberpunk/Mass Effect vibe

looked at the fan base and apparently everyone hates it
haven't yet seen the darkness

Playing Defiance 2050

3ab981f9-daa3-4e23-bd6f-7c04e07525d4.PNG

same map mechanics as DC universe with a pretty timely Cyberpunk/Mass Effect vibe

looked at the fan base and apparently everyone hates it
haven't yet seen the darkness

I legit had over 400 hours in the original Defiance. I didn't realize there was a new one out. May have to check it out. The original wasn't perfect but shit just clicked with me

I only have Gran Turismo 1, 2, 4 (used cheap). The difficulty of the licensing tests scared me away from any of their PS3 or PS4 games, but I am itching to see what they are like. GT4 was too damned hard. I couldn't get far with the shitty beginner cars and didn't feel like grinding forever to buy a decent car.

If Forza is XBOX exclusive, nope.

Get a One. Forza Horizon 4 comes out in 2 weeks and will be the best racer of all time. Book it.

One thing to note is that ME2 and especially ME3 story/character DLC is really good stuff. I wouldn't skip it

Me1 also has DLC but it's not essential
I’ve never done any of the dlc.

For first timers I would suggest playing all the way through me1 so when you play 2 you can port your character over.

Only thing that pissed me off was you couldn’t port over the full rank iirc it was capped at 50. I was 80 something iirc on me1.

Anyway. That was on my 360, my account got messed up to where it wouldn’t transfer over from non live to live for some reason(I was on the phone with Microsoft multiple times and gave up)

So I lost all my me ranks. I played through 1/2 pretty quick again before andromeda came out (3 wasn’t back compatible!!!! Bastards) and andromeda sucked so I never got it.

But I did love ME series. I’m not even sure if I ever finished 3 :(

Did anyone else ever get the geth sniper rifle? It said it was too strong for a human to use in the discription, but I guess I was leveled up enough to use it. Loved it as my sniper rifle.

Favorite parts of the game were sniping with the geth rifle!

I had an achievement for finishing the entire game play through without ever dying. That blew my kids mind. He couldn’t conceive of that even being possible lol.

My character was hard core.

I need to play them again, but it seems like i remembered playing me2 and thinking they gutted the combat to make it easier for people to not have to learn as much and customize to make it click.

I remembered liking the me1 combat mechanics better and being a more efficient killer with it, but man it’s been a long time.

I’d take the squad controls and make them stay stationary and fight without them. They just got in the way.

I don’t need them, but my favorite game series of all time is doom. So I prefer just being me, alone with a gun.

I need to play them again, but it seems like i remembered playing me2 and thinking they gutted the combat to make it easier for people to not have to learn as much and customize to make it click.

Yeah, it was definitely geared more towards the shooter crowd. IIRC, in ME1 you had a loose, almost dice roll aspect to the combat, where you had to upgrade skills in accuracy just to consistently land shots, as well as do high damage. It wasn't too strict, but it was there. In ME2, the skills were all based around damage, and accuracy was all on the player.

I’d take the squad controls and make them stay stationary and fight without them. They just got in the way.

Yeah, I wish they put more effort into the squad commands. It had potential to be a bit deeper than it was. I don't even think I manually moved my teammates in ME2, unless they got in my way. It was kind of a pointless feature.

GTA 5 ONLINE the best game ever especially racing

Passed ALL Gran Turismo 2 license tests!!! I have to admit I was really intimidated by these and remember them being near impossible. I'm still too chicken to attempt to finish off the Gran Turismo 4 tests. Bad memories of those being impossible.

I now have the itch to buy PS4 Gran Turismo Sport after reading an update patch put back the single-player mode. I mostly want to play as the Lamborghinis.

Wrapping up the final mission of DLC 1 for Nioh and running at about 240 hours w/ base.

There are two additional DLC legs that I always assumed I would pick up (really loved the game) but having now felt out the first DLC, I suspect there isn't a game-changing, creative addition to any of the post-game content – meaning, I reckon I'm going to crush whatever boss awaits me and call it a day. Witcher's B&W forever spoilt gaming and set the DLC bar way too high, ha.

My walk-away complaints are unruly item management (and this coming from an old-school RPG guy that fancies item collection so yeah, it's a mess), boss ganks, and an uninspired, beginning-to-end gamut of foes. Fighting the same mooks wherever my travels take me just seems an indefensible drag on both gameplay and a push-on factor.

It's always a bit hard to retire some of these journeys when so much thought and attempted mastery has been invested. Needless to say, Team Ninja has a customer in me when 2 drops next year.

Peace, all. Will drop in when I know what I'm playing next. Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back