What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Black Desert Online

Still playing Mount and Blade Warband after all these years thanks to constant mods being made/updated
Occasionally jump into Legends of Ellaria after new updates as its still in early stages.

Journey well, brother. Don't ever quit. Save dungeons for last unless you're hard up for a blood gem or two. Orphan was the second hardest boss for me because he doesn't discriminate between melee and mid-range – his weapon arts are too dynamic. So it's take it out onto open water, wrecked; stay close and hug, wrecked. Hell of a fight. You'll stand up when you finally do it and have a mountaintop moment.

The Child of Kos is returned to the ocean.

Got weapon at risk in the middle of the fight which added to the stress but did it after God knows how many attempts.

The Child of Kos is returned to the ocean.

Got weapon at risk in the middle of the fight which added to the stress but did it after God knows how many attempts.
Congrats, brother. Feels great, I know it. Of course weapon-repair prompts at the worst conceivable moment, aaayyy. What was your steel of choice for that dance? I remember you having a final two to go so be sure to make it a fitting send-off and visceral their deathblows.

I'm currently hurting at the hands of DS3's Midir, the Souls-series final dragon and last enemy of the journey I have yet to best. He telegraphs well enough but his Mephistophelean vigour and then one-shotting me by various means have proven, I'm embarrassed to say, unmanageable. Even taking chip were I to use a shield has me thrashed. I'm battling at the same time a bit of burnout so the slog this fight is leaves me uninspired to dig my heels in. Irksome to retire the game for however long with an L on my record but I don't know, man… Might need circle back for this one. Dude is a tank.

Considering some fights leave me with a mental fog as if I'd just sat an exam, why we do this to ourselves becomes a great question, ha. What journey have you in your sights after Bb?

Heavy Rain

I've gotta dust off my PS3 and play that shit soon. I bought it but never got round to it since I'm PC master race, but those kind of games always do things to me

I've gotta dust off my PS3 and play that shit soon. I bought it but never got round to it since I'm PC master race, but those kind of games always do things to me

It's free on PSN. It's a gripping story imo.

Traded AC Origins for Shenmue 1 & 2 on ps4. Man what a blast from the past (still have the first on Dreamcast) and load times are practically nonexistent.

Still playing Dead Cells, this is easily the best rogue-like since The Binding Of Isaac. I'm addicted.

Just beat the final boss for the first time, took me like 2 weeks the game is hard as fuck lol.

Just beat Darkeater Midir.

[<dunn][<dunn][<dunn]
In my post-fight haze, I transposed his soul for Old Moonlight (spell) and not Frayed Blade – I know, I know. But katanas didn't do it for me and am intending on a pure mage subsequent run, so what the heck…

With every creature A-Z now slain, Dark Souls 3 delivered.

Dragon Quest I, I mean Dragon Warrior I.

Still playing Dead Cells, this is easily the best rogue-like since The Binding Of Isaac. I'm addicted.

Just beat the final boss for the first time, took me like 2 weeks the game is hard as fuck lol.

Ever play Enter the Gungeon?

Just downloaded Ruiner and State of Decay 2.
Gonna try em this weekend. Still playing a bunch of Magic Duels too.

Last edited:
Ever play Enter the Gungeon?

Just downloaded ruiner and State of Decay 2.
Gonna try em this weekend. Still playing a bunch of Magic Duels too.

Forgot about Gungeon i really liked that too. Probs have around 70-100 hrs in it.

My favourites are BOI, Dead Cells, Gungeon and Rogue Legacy.

I really want to buy and start playing a survival game for my pc. I have ark on Xbox but it's damn near unplayable on console.

I'm thinking about getting rust, not sure yet.

Im just not feeling Horizon zero dawn, its just too damn boring.

Im going back to RE5, so I can play RE6 afterwards so I can prep for REmake 2.

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. Goddamn this DLC is fantastic. It really is an expansion of the highest order and refreshed the game a lot for me. Lots of new mechanics, the DLC packs are integrated much better and the new enemies, particularly the Chosen, are good fun to fight. It's been easier on Commander difficulty than before, healthy amounts of save scumming aside, so I may have to try a Commander Ironman run or a Legendary run next. I made a bunch of character from Predator and other action movies for my character pool and it's been a blast leading Dutch, Billy, Hudson, Hicks, Vasquez and Snake Plissken as my main A squad.

Detroit: Become Human

How is this? I love these kinds of games as I play them but kind of regret it later. Worth a full purchase or wait for a sale?

Im just not feeling Horizon zero dawn, its just too damn boring.

Im going back to RE5, so I can play RE6 afterwards so I can prep for REmake 2.

Same. I hate the main character, her voice acting is lifeless and stilted and the dialogue options seemed pointless. I got to the second big area, wracked up a bunch of fetch quests (oh goody!) and called it quits. I need some strong writing for open world games after The Witcher 3 and Horizon fails hard in the category.

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. Goddamn this DLC is fantastic. It really is an expansion of the highest order and refreshed the game a lot for me. Lots of new mechanics, the DLC packs are integrated much better and the new enemies, particularly the Chosen, are good fun to fight. It's been easier on Commander difficulty than before, healthy amounts of save scumming aside, so I may have to try a Commander Ironman run or a Legendary run next. I made a bunch of character from Predator and other action movies for my character pool and it's been a blast leading Dutch, Billy, Hudson, Hicks, Vasquez and Snake Plissken as my main A squad.

How is this? I love these kinds of games as I play them but kind of regret it later. Worth a full purchase or wait for a sale?

Same. I hate the main character, her voice acting is lifeless and stilted and the dialogue options seemed pointless. I got to the second big area, wracked up a bunch of fetch quests (oh goody!) and called it quits. I need some strong writing for open world games after The Witcher 3 and Horizon fails hard in the category.

Agreed the dialogue options feel shoehorned, maybe I played the game slightly wrong but it felt like everything whooped my ass so I played stealthy. Game wasnt what I expected after my hype for it tbh. Maybe not my cup of tea, but I do like the intrgue in the story but the game isnt fun enough for me to grind through. Atleast with Re5, Ive got Re6 to look forward too and its fun at time. I goddamn hate the nife in Re5 and the clunkyness of everything. Re4 is so much better.

I havent played witcher 3, I need to get on it, but I was off put by the "shit" gameplay as a friend put it. I was playing a lot of Bloodborne then and they said it was hot garbage to compared to it, but I do love a good story and great characters so Ill give it a shot, especially with cyberpunk 2077 looming.

Playing through Ruiner right now. FML where has this game been in my life, it's amazing. Fast fluid combat. Yuge tech tree. Dripping with atmosphere. Devolver Digital quality. Brooding soundtrack. Art design screams cyberpunk. The controls feel so good and it's easy to learn but tough to master.

I highly recommend anyone who games plays this.

Playing through Ruiner right now. FML where has this game been in my life, it's amazing. Fast fluid combat. Yuge tech tree. Dripping with atmosphere. Devolver Digital quality. Brooding soundtrack. Art design screams cyberpunk. The controls feel so good and it's easy to learn but tough to master.

I thought Ruiner was a great time

You should consider another game - Redeemer. It's a pretty similar experience, although it's a monk vs tooled up mercenaries and monsters aesthetic. Very fluid, high paced and satisfying combat like Ruiner

I installed MGS5 again. I 100%'d it recently but I feel like I've got withdrawal or some shit. Also going to have another play of Skyrim. Set up like 50 mods for it last night so shit's about to get real. Still on Trails of Cold Steel and Hitman 2016 as well

Never heard of it but your post had me check it out. While not overly fond myself of cyber-anything, it really does look fantastic. Its sound editing and music well accentuate the affair. I love when games have that natural synergy of every layer and angle.

*added to (top of) backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back